• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Neki

That's the best news I've heard all day, can't wait!
g3T06.gif

Degen

SquirrelNuckle (thanks for the quick reply) is definitely in and is usually available after 9PM EST; I'll keep you posted on any other responses I get

we get it done, son

ReiGun

Sorry guys. I've been pretty busy these last few weeks and the tournament totally skipped my mind. I'm still in.

Degen

See my earlier post for your opponent(?)'s availability unless it's already being discussed via PM. Smash 'em up

this plan is coming together Most Greatly

shaowebb

Hurray! I'm eager to know who gets to claim Gaf's crown at this game in this tourney. I had picked QisTopTier, but that didn't pan out so I'm completely in the dark on favorites now.

Can't wait to see who steps up to win it all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The t-shirts. 2nd and 3rd place. 2nd place gets to pick which one, 3rd has to settle with the other.

pRfWh.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
the_painted_bird messaged me earlier this week and said he'd like to finally play sometime this week, so fingers crossed!

I can't even remember the last time I booted up MvC3 at this point, haha.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
the_painted_bird forfeits:

the_painted_bird said:
Lyte Edge said:
the_painted_bird said:
Lyte Edge said:
Hey there,

When is a good time for you to play? I'm "lyteedge2" on PSN.
Hey man, how about soon?

Been waiting for a month man. Just give me a timeframe.
I guess I forfeit, my copy is at a buddies house and he's out of town, when he comes home I'll check back in... eh.

notworksafe

You can take my spot if you want, GB. I haven't played this game in over a month and was just going to forfeit if the second round ever came up...

Degen

notworksafe said:
You can take my spot if you want, GB. I haven't played this game in over a month and was just going to forfeit if the second round ever came up...
Lol, has anyone not been playing AE this whole time? Every time I go into PSNGaf Chat to post idiotic things nonstop until I get an invite, there are like nine people in there on average

JeTmAn81

I don't understand. Why can't we just disqualify those who have been nonresponsive to match requests and move on to the next round? Then make it a 1 week maximum for playing matches, rinse and repeat.

Dexa said:
picked up the game for 360 now - i cant find any ranked matches. is it dead on low ranks? :(
Oh Jesus

Don't let it fool you. Go to offline mode, pick arcade mode/training mode and then set the match settings so that you can search for ranked/player matches. I recommend that you stick to playing people from your own region and from your own level as well since Capcom's online services makes for a laggy experience on international games. Searching for ranked/player matches manually is impossible in this game.

The community is full of competitors and matches are easy to find once you search this way. Don't give up if you get your ass whopped, though.

Degen

Call me a dickhead (used to it lol) but IMO these guys should feel pretty lucky if they don't get blacklisted from future tournaments

that's after they get disqualified from this one

I mean, not that that's about to happen, but... please let that happen

SolarPowered said:
I forfeit from the tournament. I'd rather not hold up everyone's matches anymore.
but you're not even the one holding it up! keep it together, soldier :(

DodgeAnon said:
Many people are just going to forfeit, if their losing, so it may not turn out to be a 'Match'. More of a rage-quit.
We didn't spend this much time waiting for a match just to give up during the match

Messaged my opponent on here a few days ago and he never answered. Went on PS3 and he hasn't been on in 13 days...Im trying to get this show on the road.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't worry. I'm going to start busting some asses starting this Friday, since it's a special day. The tourney will move forward with or without those people.

Kadey said:
Don't worry. I'm going to start busting some asses starting this Friday, since it's a special day. The tourney will move forward with or without those people.

WOHOO!!! IM READY TO BE THROWN OUT SECOND ROUND.

Kadey said:
Am I automatically going to get dropped even though im trying to make an effort to make the match happen?

smurfx

get some go again
lol i should have entered the tournament just to troll whoever was matched up against me. it would be no worse then what is happening right now.

BigFwoosh

I'm going to go ahead and drop out. I'm low on time to play these days and I haven't played MvC in several months, so I'd be out in the next round anyway. Good luck everybody!

Chavelo

This is uber lame (not the tournament, but the missing players)... Always wanted to enter a Kadey/GAF tourney. I'm trying to get back into Marvel, so hopefully by the time the ass-kicking is done, I'll be in good shape. You can still count me in!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People whom are making an effort to play their matches will be alright. I'm just going to have to create another randomized matchups for this upcoming round. Based on the last tourneys, this is to be expected.

ReiGun

I messaged my opponent. No response thus far. Gonna try again. Really sorry to be holding everyone else up like this.

JeTmAn81

The prospect that this tourney might not finish before UMvC3 is released makes me laugh. And not in an evil way. It just...makes me laugh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
OP updated. 18 players left. Second round will begin next week. I'll post randomized matchups before the end of the week.

1.Notworksafe

2.the_log_ride

3.Akachan ningen

4.Prototype-03

5.jetman81

6.Gibration

7.Reigun

8.~Devil Trigger~

9.spindashing

10.Degen

11.giancarlo123x

12.NeoUltima

13.Ultimoo

14.Morro!

15.SephirothRK

16.Cloudius12

17.Chavelo

18.Karsticles

To make the rest of the tournament work, something must done. This round will be pools of three. Top two in each pool moves on.

Neki

Karst brought up pools of three are not going to work if each opponent wins against one opponent and loses against the other person in his pool. Because if that happens, all have the same amount of wins, and a winning record against one person.

Top Bottom