• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007: Senior Hamas official killed by professional Hitmen in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canova

Banned
Tim the Wiz said:
Mossad are better than this. This was obviously a freelance job. Whether or not it was Mossad who initiated it is anyone's guess.

Why did you think this was a bad job?

Dubai authorities THINK they know how they did it, they might be wrong. none of these 11 suspects proven, the real killers might be not from this group. Dubai authorities thought they figured it out by putting all these videos puzzles together, but is this really what actually happened?

The fact is 1 top Hamas official dead, no blood spill, no bomb, no big gunfights. it's a clean cut job

For all we know Mossad could be all smiling at this moment, laughing looking at this investigation videos

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Agnostic said:
Dubai

Total Kills: 1
Shots Fired: 0
Shots Hit: 0
Close Combat Kills: 1
Accidents: 0
Head Shots: 0
Bodies Found: 1
Covers Blown: 0
Witnesses: 0
Caught On Camera: Yes

Ranking: Professional
:lol :lol

WedgeX

Banned
Maybe they were Blackwater aka XE aka USA Training Center. They've got everything else, why not assassins?

Or it's Rainbow Six. Gone into full blown assassination mode.

xbhaskarx

Sealda said:
The people saying they were not pros because they got caught on cameras do not know what they are talking about.

cardboard_534534534.jpg

Chichikov

slider said:
A law unto themselves. What does the Israeli constitution say about illegal entry into property?

I know a young lady who worked at the American Embassy in Tel Aviv. Her apartment was "broken into" practically every day. Coincidentally sometimes they'd leave her passport on her bed. Anyway, one day she left a note on her door saying "please don't let my kitten get out..."
Going to have to call bullshit on that one.
My sister used to work in the American Embassy in Tel Aviv, and she once had her car stolen, once!
Not only was that GTA taken seriously by embassy staff and local security forces (police, Israeli "FBI"), she actually got her car back; I don't know how law enforcement work in your part of the world, but you never ever ever ever get your stolen car back in Israel. Never.

Not to mention that Israel has to be butt-fuck insane to break into the houses of American Embassy workers.

xbhaskarx said:
Awesome, I love this Raid on Entebbe type shit, can't wait for the movie.

Right, and if the US military was using Predator drones to kill Japanese or Canadian officials instead of Al Qaeda members, there would also be outrage... what's your point?

Are you not familiar with Hamas?
Assassinating an official of an elected government is a serious crime, as Israel well knows;in June of 1982 Israel used the attempted assassination of one its diplomats, Slomo Argov, as its casus belli for Operation Peace of the Galilee, then went on kill 20,000 people, mostly civilians, in a three month time span.
But as long as we're pretending that government officials can be executed on the basis of their criminal, murderous acts, then surely we can agree that Tzipi Livni deserves to die as much as any Hamas goon.
As for your second point, every single one of the countries you listed has a strong ties with Washington. That tells us nothing about the seriousness of Hamas terror, and everything about Washington's political influence over its close allies. If we want to use criminal activity as a barometer for the legitimacy of a government, then we should consult Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and B'Stelem and acknowledge that the record of Israel's illegal, criminal acts withinin the Occupied Territories in the last three years is far more extensive and deadlier than that of Hamas.

Panzon

pirata said:
Pretty crazy stuff. Can you imagine what it would be like to be targeted by assassins? What type of precautions would you take? Would you be able to defend yourself/escape in time to survive?

I thought the exact same thing

xbhaskarx

slider said:
A law unto themselves. What does the Israeli constitution say about illegal entry into property?

I know a young lady who worked at the American Embassy in Tel Aviv. Her apartment was "broken into" practically every day. Coincidentally sometimes they'd leave her passport on her bed. Anyway, one day she left a note on her door saying "please don't let my kitten get out..."

:lol

There's no liar list so I'll add you to the ignore list.

woodchuck said:
no security team + the hitmen were waiting for him at the terminal? i bet Hamas set him up.

D4Danger said:
Wouldn't surprise me. They were also pretty quick to blame Mossad.

Mind. Blown.

It would also galvanise political support for them internally.

24's 9th season just wrote itself.

canova said:
Why did you think this was a bad job?

I did not say this. Read my post after that one.

canova said:
For all we know Mossad could be all smiling at this moment, laughing looking at this investigation videos

Regardless of their actual involvement, I doubt they would have any other reaction to this.

It seems pretty obvious that these guys left a long trail of evidence on purpose in order to send a message. The message goes something like this: "We know who you are, and you know who we are, and if we want to kill you, you're dead. Period."

Mossad has a reputation for going out of their way to send messages. They want people to fear Israel, because Israel's entire existence is predicated on fear. If you fuck with Israel, you die. Messily and gratuitously. If you really fuck with Israel, they'll call the United States in to really fuck your shit up.

Chichikov said:
My sister used to work in the American Embassy in Tel Aviv, and she once had her car stolen, once!
Not only was that GTA taken seriously by embassy staff and local security forces (police, Israeli "FBI"), she actually got her car back; I don't know how law enforcement work in your part of the world, but you never ever ever ever get your stolen car back in Israel. Never.

Not to mention that Israel has to be butt-fuck insane to break into the houses of American Embassy workers.
It's pretty well known that Israel and America spy on each other like fuck, even if they're allies. The top of the American Embassy is loaded with espionage equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel checks up on their apartments on occasion--though the cat thing is pretty hilarious.

Unknown Soldier said:
If you really fuck with Israel, they'll call the United States in to really fuck your shit up.
Everything you said is true except this. All the fucking up that the US has been doing lately has hardly been to Israel's advantage. Just the opposite, in fact.

Ignis Fatuus said:
It's pretty well known that Israel and America spy on each other like fuck, even if they're allies. The top of the American Embassy is loaded with espionage equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel checks up on their apartments on occasion--though the cat thing is pretty hilarious.

Israel and the United States are not allies in the sense that, say, the United States and NATO/EU are allies or the United States and Japan are allies. Rather, the United States and Israel share a common enemy, and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Israel has worked hard through AIPAC and similar organizations in the United States to ensure that a prerequisite for becoming a successful politician at the American national level is unquestioning and unwavering support for Israel but the average American outside of the Deep South doesn't care the slightest about Israel's existence one way or the other. The Israelis know this, which is why they have worked so hard to guarantee America's unending unilateral support of Israel in this manner. I think a lot of political scholars in both nations are quite curious what would actually happen if Israel actually dropped one of their nukes on someone like Iran, insofar as how far America would go to support Israel and where Americans would draw the line.

Ignis Fatuus said:
Everything you said is true except this. All the fucking up that the US has been doing lately has hardly been to Israel's advantage. Just the opposite, in fact.

America does have it's own interests, and Israel's hold on American politics is not so absolute that they are able to override America's interests. (Yet?)

Unknown Soldier said:
Israel and the United States are not allies in the sense that, say, the United States and NATO/EU are allies or the United States and Japan are allies. Rather, the United States and Israel share a common enemy, and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Israel has worked hard through AIPAC and similar organizations in the United States to ensure that a prerequisite for becoming a successful politician at the American national level is unquestioning and unwavering support for Israel but the average American outside of the Deep South doesn't care the slightest about Israel's existence one way or the other. The Israelis know this, which is why they have worked so hard to guarantee America's unending unilateral support of Israel in this manner.
Oh come on. We are closer allies than that. Israel just spies on us to get information that they can use to manipulate us better. Actually, that latter part is why they spy on us. That and getting info so they can do operations that we might not condone.

But seriously, it is almost comical how many times the Israelis have been caught spying in the USA. There have been several cases.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That sounds like such an elaborate setup just to assassinate one guy (and have most of them caught on CCTV, not just one or two). Everything feels a bit orchestrated that goes beyond the obvious.

But they were obviously extremely coordinated and its scary that shit like this exists and actually catching a glimpse of it all... just wow.

Chichikov

Ignis Fatuus said:
I'm sure everyone is spying on everyone, in fact there known cases of both countries doing the exact same thing.
What I am doubting is that the Mossad (or some other clandestine organization) is overtly breaking into some random embassy worker repeatedly.
It's preposterous and divorced from reality.

Deku

Banned
Another Six names added to the list:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1150424.html

Dubai police have narrowed down another six suspects behind the assassination of a Hamas commander last month, The New York Times reported on Tuesday, in addition to the 11 European passport-holders named earlier this week.

The names of the additional six have yet to be released and the actual identities of the other 11 suspects are still in question. Ireland has denied any record of the three suspects named as Irish passport-holders, and at least five Israelis who share the same names as the suspects claim their identities were stolen.

Dubai Police Chief Lt. Gen. Dhahi Khalfan Tamim announced on Monday that senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was murdered by an 11-member hit squad of mercenaries carrying European passports.
Advertisement
Tamim said that arrest warrants would be issued soon and while he did not accuse Israel directly, he did say it was possible that "leaders of certain countries gave orders to their intelligence agents."

"We do not rule out Mossad, but when we arrest those suspects we will know who masterminded it. [We have not] issued arrest warrants yet, but will do so soon," he told a press conference on Monday.

Two Palestinians have already been arrested in connection to the assassination.

The group was responsible for killing Mabhouh in his hotel room on January 20, a slaying that has elicited vows of revenge from the Palestinian militant group.

kazuo

slider said:
What was this buy's background? I see that Hamas had admitted he was involved in the killing of two Israeli soldiers. In the grand scheme of things that's not the worst shit coming out of that region (Hamas would of course argue military = legit target).

Correct me if I am wrong, but according to the bolded part of your post, you believe that a military wing attacking members of an opposing military does not qualify as a "legit target?"

Just curious.

speculawyer said:
Oh come on. We are closer allies than that. Israel just spies on us to get information that they can use to manipulate us better. Actually, that latter part is why they spy on us. That and getting info so they can do operations that we might not condone.

But seriously, it is almost comical how many times the Israelis have been caught spying in the USA. There have been several cases.

too bad "You Were Caught Spying On Us! -5" doesn't work

Brera

Banned
Sealda said:
The people saying they were not pros because they got caught on cameras do not know what they are talking about.

They coundn't have been that good if they had such an elaborate method of tailing him. Security forces know what to look out for as they do it all the time and developed these tactics themselves anyway!

Why not find out his room and go from there.

The craziest thing in the video is the way he goes into the room, then the two tennis guys leave the room and one gets stuck in the elevator door,, then they all walk off

The other shocking this is the bald dude going into the toilet, then leaving with a full head of hair :lol

Hamas said they're going to strike back...damn

Mecha_Infantry said:
The craziest thing in the video is the way he goes into the room, then the two tennis guys leave the room and one gets stuck in the elevator door,, then they all walk off

The other shocking this is the bald dude going into the toilet, then leaving with a full head of hair :lol

Hamas said they're going to strike back...damn
I truly hope Hamas refrains from retaliating, even in the face of these blatant provocations, because Israel's response to such retaliation would be Cast Lead 2.

slider

Chichikov said:

It's only partly bullshit dude. She wasn't from the US - I only said that, FWIW, to protect her identify (looking back it's stupid I realise). She was from another Western country.

kazuo said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but according to the bolded part of your post, you believe that a military wing attacking members of an opposing military does not qualify as a "legit target?"

Just curious.

Nah, sorry - I can see why you ask but it's purely a presentational issue. I'm just very careful how I present things given where this discussion is happening. Lots of crazy folk and if you say anything too out there conversation goes to shit.

I'll be a little bolder then and my point still stands then... aside from being Hamas (and the involving in those 2 soldiers' deaths) what had this guy done to necessitate such a operation?

xbhaskarx

slider said:

slider said:
It's only partly bullshit dude. She wasn't from the US - I only said that, FWIW, to protect her identify (looking back it's stupid I realise). She was from another Western country.

So you obviously lied and got caught, and your defense is it was only a half-lie and people should believe the rest of your story anyways?

Why would the Israeli govt/military/intelligence/police break into the apartment of ANY embassy worker from a western country? Why every day, what does that even accomplish? Did they not get whatever information they wanted in the first five or ten break-ins? I'd imagine one break-in would be sufficient to leave any intelligence-gathering devices. How incompetent are they that she knows about it every time they break in? Doesn't that pretty much compromise their operation? Were they expecting her to leave top secret highly classified documents laying about her apartment after the first ten break-ins? Do you think young ladies who work at embassies bring home anything worth stealing, apparently on a daily basis? Or were they just doing it to fuck with her? Every day? Do they not have anything else to do, other than harassing embassy staff from some Western country?

Presumably the first thing she would do is inform everyone at her embassy, right? Surely any government would investigate the break-ins to protect their employees? Surely they must have filed some sort of official complaint with the Israeli government? Surely they must have gone to the media, in either their home country or even in Israel?

And why do you need to keep the name of the country secret? Obviously the woman knows about it. Obviously she would tell her government so they know about it. Obviously the Israelis know about it. So then why does it need to be kept a secret? If she snitches on them, are they going to send Mossad agents to kill her?

This is so idiotic it definitely deserves a highly embarrassing tag, someone get a mod in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom