• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(10/15) Bungie update

Joe

http://rampancy.net/node/view/8168

You know, we're not Metallica. The cost of this is emotional, not fiscal (jerks would just hack and pirate the game on Nov 9th anyway). Bungie is mostly concerned that this event is going to ruin the plot of the game for the 99.9999999999% of fans who buy the game on November 9th. As you know, we've spent three tortuous years preventing story leaks, hoarding screenshots – not because we want to – but because they'll reveal twists and surprises. Now a few jerks have ruined that for everyone.
widescreen is a very cool feature, since the multiplayer game can then split vertically (for two) giving each player a great deal of real estate in co-op or MP.
LEGENDARY is a whole new sick twist on game difficulty. LEGENDARY includes bizarre stuff like perma-death for co-op players – meaning that you can't hopscotch like you can on other difficulty levels. Once a player dies on LEGENDARY, both players are hurled back to the last checkpoint. It's brutal. Also, that place where you encountered two grunts and a flowerpot on NORMAL? Well now they're Hunters, high-ranking, sword-carrying Elites, and they're all PMS-ing. Seriously, sticking your head around a corner on level two can get it shot clean off.
mistersadchief.jpg

DSN2K

boohoo.gif

(just kidding)

they are right, Ive already been spoiled by the big secret and I didnt even go looking :(

GhaleonEB

Interesting. It sounds like Bungie didn't give the publications their own copy of the game, but sat there while they played it for a few days. Is this common?

DSN2K said:
boohoo.gif

(just kidding)

they are right, Ive already been spoiled by the big secret and I didnt even go looking :(

is it the one where
MC = marathon man?

Dunno. I haven't read the Halo threads but I did pick that up somewhere on THIS forum. ..

DSN2K

TheGreenGiant said:
is it the one where
MC = marathon man?

Dunno. I haven't read the Halo threads but I did pick that up somewhere on THIS forum. ..

no bigger then that.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
GhaleonEB said:
Interesting. It sounds like Bungie didn't give the publications their own copy of the game, but sat there while they played it for a few days. Is this common?
Not really, although this isn't the only game I've seen handled this way in the history of games media.

this will come as a shock. But I do want to play HALO 2 and I can't wait. Well.. I can. Not getting that french version that is. :D

I just hope the BIG ass spoiler isn't going to be so ridiculous / OTT that you sit there and think "are you on stupid pills" or now that we're set up to expect something HUGE "is that it?~!"

MarkMacD

shpankey said:
yeah, there is co-op system link. i can't wait for that, total rockage!

Where did you hear there is system link co-op? I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere (that one menu screen doesn't prove anything)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Scoot said:
I foresee bans in this thread.

I don't see anything ban worthy in this thread

And the snapshot of the menu screen is enough proof for me, heh. But I want to know if it's supported for Xbox Live too...

Rhindle

Are any reputable sites posting spoilers? I haven't come across any.

Seems like you should be OK unless you go out deliberately seeking info.

MarkMacD

Wario64 said:
So the leaked copy is a beta?

Oh, that. No, it's not a beta.

But no one's leaked screens of it working co-op over system link, afaik.

Edit: Also, awesome update. Lots of new info! SOrta wish I'd bought a widescreen now....

LukeSmith

Wario64 said:
I don't see anything ban worthy in this thread

And the snapshot of the menu screen is enough proof for me, heh. But I want to know if it's supported for Xbox Live too...

Oh not yet, just at some point, some yahoo will come in spoiler tagging and spouting and then jinx will punt someone like his name is Sean Landetta.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:

You mean the one that says "switch to co-op"? I saw another screen that said

"Playing a co-op campaign requires 2 players on a single xbox" which would probably be the screen after the switch to co-op option is chosen...

Confirmed by who? Cause pirates confirmed otherwise.

shpankey

not an idiot
why would they have an option just to then say you can't do it? i mean, why even put the option there? just to tell you no? lol, meanies. heh, that's kinda warped actually lol.

Burger

Looks like no sys link co-op from what I read at some other board. I guess you can count out live co-op as well.

Which sucks, because split screen sucks.

D.Cowboys

Neo Member
Scoot said:
Oh not yet, just at some point, some yahoo will come in spoiler tagging and spouting and then jinx will punt someone like his name is Sean Landetta.

Just make sure he doesn't whiff on the punt like he did against the 85 Bears in the playoffs

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ah, I thought there was system link co-op cause of that one pic of the menu. Haven't been following Halo 2 stuff lately to avoid spoilers

No online co-op :(

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Me and a friend have been attempting to play every level in Halo (1) on Legendary in co-op, completing every level without either or us dieing once. Not easy let me just say.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
Ah, I thought there was system link co-op cause of that one pic of the menu. Haven't been following Halo 2 stuff lately to avoid spoilers

No online co-op :(

I'm the opposite, I can't help but ruin myself.

System Link co-op is OUT. gutted. Musn't be possible I guess.

Sai

catfish said:
System Link co-op is OUT
That's so stupid. :|

I got a Widescreen TV and everything, but still... My friends were happy about System-Link Co-op.

Wouldn't System-Link Co-op theoretically be easier to accomplish than Split-Screen Co-op?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sai said:
Wouldn't System-Link Co-op theoretically be easier to accomplish than Split-Screen Co-op?

twice the things to keep track of with system link I guess.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I'd think getting 2 iterations of Halo 2 on 2 xboxs to coordinate (enemy AI etc) exactly would be harder than just having one iteration and 2 viewpoints.

Still sucks its not in though.

Top Bottom