• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 fake Simpsons words that belong in the dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
agrajag said:
Well, car hold is certainly funnier/makes more sense. :/
Que? Neither makes more sense than the other. They both reference to a garage in a funny way. However, car hole is even more vulgar than car hold so I like it better because Moe finds "garage" to posh sounding.

SuperBonk said:
Needs Skittlebrau

Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"
Apu: "Such a product does not exist, sir! You must have dreamed it."
Homer: "Oh. Well then just gimme a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles."

you just made my day. Skittlebrau was lost in my head somewhere and you just found it again. +1 for you

Milpool.jpg

thrillho2.jpg

and Fudgicles

Well, to me car hold makes more sense in context. Moe's going off on Homer for using some high falutin' language to describe where he puts his car. "Car hold" seems to be the most utilitarian way possible to describe where one puts their car. I can see "car hole" working in the same vein, but it's a bit more nuanced and unclear.

Eh.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
BigAT said:
Getting out my season 6 DVDs for this reminded me how much I hate that box set. The original Homer head case is the WORST.
I will be forever glad that I sent away for the "normal" case that Fox was essentially forced to offer after the fans (rightfully) complained about the stupid head cases.

A garage is a hole? More than it's a hold? Anyway, I see that the internet consensus seems to be "hole," but it doesn't make as much sense to me. This is a silly thing to debate though, so let's not.

SuperBonk said:
Needs Skittlebrau

Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"

Skittlebrau is one of my favorite Simpsons moments, but it actually kind of existed before the show.

Marvie_3

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
I will be forever glad that I sent away for the "normal" case that Fox was essentially forced to offer after the fans (rightfully) complained about the stupid head cases.
Same here. I hate the new ones they're using even more though. I'm careful about taking them out of the case but my discs are still getting scratched. :\

JDeluis

Marvie_3 said:
Same here. I hate the new ones they're using even more though. I'm careful about taking them out of the case but my discs are still getting scratched. :\

What I do is put the disc in CD paper sleeves. No need to worry about it getting scratched.

SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS SACRELICIOUS

And dickity.

Gui_PT said:
Subbed or dubbed?

Dubbing the Simpsons should be a crime

Even as a non-speaker I can tell the spanish dub is awesome.

Estúpido y sexy Flanders!

Also, I prefer "craptastic" to "craptacular" but to each his own.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
agrajag said:
Well, car hold is certainly funnier/makes more sense. :/
Car hole's about as deliberately unsophisticated as you can get. That's what Moe's all about. Not fancy French words like garage.

Moe is also better than dirt. Well, not that store bought dirt. So many vitamins and minerals... Can't compete with that.

xbhaskarx

Freshmaker said:
Car hole's about as deliberately unsophisticated as you can get. That's what Moe's all about. Not fancy French words like garage.

Moe is also better than dirt. Well, not that store bought dirt. So many vitamins and minerals... Can't compete with that.
This.

You car hold people need to move on because car hole is both correct and more funny.

Booser

Add me to the list of people who thought it was car HOLD.

I thought it was meant to be ironic in that Moe called it something unnecessarily snobby sounding when he accused Homer of doing exactly that. Car Hold sounds kinda posh. "I say Jeeves, place my automobile in the Car Hold my good man" etc.

I also think embiggen is actually a pretty useful word.

SuperBonk said:
Needs Skittlebrau

What episode is this? That's gold!

Magnus

Saxamaphone and boo-urns get so much more use in normal conversation than any of these words or phrases. Car hold and embiggen? Never heard these before :lol

ATF487

Is it sad that one of my most prized possessions is my collection of seasons 1-10?

This isn't really a word to be added to the dictionary, but I always thought it was cool that Kwik-E-Mart has the same sort of brand recognition as 7-11.

OMG Aero

Whimsical Phil said:
They did that? Damn, I got the head cases because I thought they would be cool and limited edition but they are the worst boxes ever. I never knew you could send away for the normal boxes.

ATF487 said:
Is it sad that one of my most prized possessions is my collection of seasons 1-10?
No.

It's the only show I'm always in the mood for to watch. It's also the show I go to sleep with*.

*that however is sad, that I need tv to be able to sleep.

BigAT

Souldriver said:
No.

It's the only show I'm always in the mood for to watch. It's also the show I go to sleep with*.

*that however is sad, that I need tv to be able to sleep.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. Although I do rotate in Futurama and Arrested Development.

:lol :lol :lol

love it.

Fuck The Simpsons are amazing.

Embiggen and Cromulent just sound so right. Like they've always BEEN real words:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

edit: and Jeebus!! :lol :lol :lol

Just saw this again yesterday and nearly cried from laughter. "Aaaarrrgh Shark Boy!!!!"

wHNp96NMOeynlck4LbZMk1oFo1_500.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol oh fuck!!!

ili0926

Homer: Lisa, would you like a donut?
Lisa: No thanks. Do you have any fruit?
Homer: This has purple in it. Purple is a fruit.

While I understand purple isn't a new word, purple as a fruit was new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom