• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 fake Simpsons words that belong in the dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying "yoink" for years. I'm almost certain that it was from the Flintstones, though. I believe the term originated from an episode called "Fred Flintstone - Before and After." In this episode, a group called "Food Anonymous" would yank food away from Fred when he'd try to eat something and say, "Yoink! Yoink! Yoink!"

Marvie_3

Banned
Souldriver said:
No.

It's the only show I'm always in the mood for to watch. It's also the show I go to sleep with*.

*that however is sad, that I need tv to be able to sleep.
I have to have the Simpsons on for me to sleep. It's sad. I've been watching them before I go to sleep for over a decade and my brain won't shut down without them anymore. :lol

Mike M

Nick N
SuperBonk said:
Needs Skittlebrau

Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"
Apu: "Such a product does not exist, sir! You must have dreamed it."
Homer: "Oh. Well then just gimme a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles."
The best part was that some later episode where they were shopping at the discount grocery store, there was Skittlebrau on the shelf in the background.

BigAT

adultivity (n) - the state or condition of being an adult

Good Evening, young man. My name is Charles Norwood. Furthermore to this beer, I'll would also like three of your finest, cheapest cigars. Here's my ID, which confirms my adultivity.

Giant Robot said:
Milpool.jpg
Fucking Hell. :lol

Mike M

Nick N
Embiggen: To make bigger or grow in size; a perfectly cromulent word

This graceful word can be attributed to town founder Jebediah Springfield. As the town motto goes, “A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.” The word is used repeatedly throughout the 7th season episode in which all of Springfield comes down with a major case of Jebeditis (another excellent candidate for this list) during the town’s bicentennial celebration. Adding credibility to the word is the fact that it has appeared in numerous scientific publications since the episode aired.

Simpsons fans can’t think of “embiggen” without thinking of the other fake word used to describe it: cromulent. Clearly, this word should be included on this list as well – if it weren’t for the fact that the Webster’s American dictionary added it to their “New Millenium” edition a few years ago. The official definition: fine, acceptable.

This part just kind of blows my mind when I think about it. It didn't just ruin the joke, it retroactively nullified it. Ms. Hoover's response to Krabapple never having heard "Embiggens" is now a legitimate and unremarkable response.

Risen from the grave but I am just watching the episode where Moe gets a new face and "Pugfugly" should definitely be in the dictionary

Marvie_3

Banned
BigAT said:
adultivity (n) - the state or condition of being an adult

Good Evening, young man. My name is Charles Norwood. Furthermore to this beer, I'll would also like three of your finest, cheapest cigars. Here's my ID, which confirms my adultivity.
How could I forget this one? :lol

BigAT

yak box (n) - a radio

Lisa: That sounds like Sideshow Bob!
Homer: Yes, ma'am. Sideshow Bob, yakking it up on the old yak box.
Lisa: Dad, I'll spare you the embarrassment of admitting you don't know who Sideshow Bob is.
Homer: Phew!

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Gui_PT said:
Subbed or dubbed?

Dubbing the Simpsons should be a crime

The latin spanish dub of the series (until the 15th season) is top notch.

Jasoco

Banned
JDeluis said:
What I do is put the disc in CD paper sleeves. No need to worry about it getting scratched.
I ripped all mine to a HD. The first 9 seasons take less than 50GB. It's amazing. FUCK switching discs. Right in the ear! In fact, I'm watching it right now. Random episodes for the past few days. Right now I am watching "Lisa's Rival".

Gameboy415 said:
Dark Knyght said:
No love for speed holes
They make the car go faster!
They do! The Mythbusters proved it!

Jeremy's.. Iron.

Also, "Creamy middles".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom