• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In December (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

I'm thinking of filing for bankruptcy by the end of this month, because I'll be broke by then.
The fighter, Black Swan, True Grit, Tron, The Illusionist, and Inception on Blu-ray... fucking typical of Holywood, nothing to see for months upon months and suddenly floodgate opens.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ratrat said:
I want a Magicians Nephew movie waaay more than Silver Chair or any of the other books.

I wouldn't mind them skipping A Horse and His Boy and Silver Chair. Magician's Nephew would be my most wanted as well, but I would love to see a CGI team try to tackle the ending of The Last Battle.

EYEL1NER

Hmmmm, this might be the month where I get back into movies.
I'm wanting to see The Warrior's Way, Tron, True Grit, and I Love You, Phillip Morris. Maybe The Fighter, just to get my Marky Mark fix.

DrForester said:
I wouldn't mind them skipping A Horse and His Boy and Silver Chair. Magician's Nephew would be my most wanted as well, but I would love to see a CGI team try to tackle the ending of The Last Battle.
You just blew my mind.

HiResDes

I find it interesting that many of the biggest haters are the people that are going to see Tron. It's as if you are hyped for Tron then you automatically are either close-minded or have horrible taste. :lol

RevoDS

Tron for sure; anything else will depend on just how much free time I have during Christmas break.

I want to watch the original before though. Hopefully I'll find both the time and a copy of it somewhere...

RevoDS said:
Tron for sure; anything else will depend on just how much free time I have during Christmas break.

I want to watch the original before though. Hopefully I'll find both the time and a copy of it somewhere...
Netflix

Aselith

No love for Julie Taymor, homie? Her adaptation of Titus Andronicus is amazing and she is a great visual stylist.

I didn't realize this was coming out but I'm definitely hitting it up although I doubt it'll play locally. Gonna have to wait for Blu-Ray most likely.

DrForester said:
That would be something else. Lewis wrote it in a way that was so wonderfully surreal that I don't know if anyone could ever do it justice.

God, I love the Narnia books. It's my favorite series ever.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Fighter
Tron: Legacy
True Grit

All blockbusters, I know, but they all look pretty good.

big ander

BertramCooper said:
That would be something else. Lewis wrote it in a way that was so wonderfully surreal that I don't know if anyone could ever do it justice.

God, I love the Narnia books. It's my favorite series ever.
I think I was too young when I read the narnia books maybe. Because I don't remember being impressed with The Last Battle. But I remember loving The Silver Chair and A Horse and his Boy. From what I remember of reading them:
Magician's Nephew>Lion/Witch/Wardrobe>Prince Caspian>The Silver Chair>A Horse and His Boy>The Last Battle>Dawn Treader
I read them in chronological order though. As in, Nephew to LWW to Horse to Caspian to Treader to Chair to Battle.
I need to reread those.

big ander

robertsan21 said:
question, I love you phillip morris,, Why is that one the list?

this film was released early this year....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_You_Phillip_Morris#Release
Release

The film was released in Europe, Taiwan and Japan between February and April 2010. Although a limited run in the United States was initially scheduled for April 30, 2010, it was later reported that the film's release had been indefinitely postponed by its distributors, Consolidated Pictures Group[5] but on April 12, 2010, Variety announced the distributor had had a change of heart and that I Love You Phillip Morris would be shown in limited theaters starting July 30 before expanding nationwide on August 6.[6]
On June 3, 2010, the film was delayed yet again due to legal battles. The film is now scheduled for a December 3, 2010 release after Roadside Attractions and Liddell Entertainment acquired the rights to distribute in the United States.[7]

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
tumblr_lcia0j7glA1qzuqjzo1_500.jpg

Good luck masturbating with this above your bed.

Expendable. said:
:lol

Nope, everyone single thing is put together by me (photos, formatting, opinions, trailer posts). The only thing I copy and paste is the synopsis from IMDb or the studio.
Thats not entierly true. Your top 10 to see is word for word pic for pic copied from
Here

Not that I care to much as I wouldn't have found out about True Grit and your other threads have been good.

Edit: unless you infact wrote that for that website.

CassSept

Nothing this month as everything interesting in Poland isn't released until January-February :'(

January will be sweet though, The Town, Black Swan, The King's Speech...

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Damn my TRON 2-disc collector's set is beat to shit. I'm almost tempted to sell it now. :lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005OCMR/?tag=neogaf0e-20
damn disney, how you gon do me dirty like that

xbhaskarx said:
In what alternate reality is Sofia Coppola anywhere close to being in the same league as Weir, Aronofsky and the Coen brothers? Or maybe you were making a joke and I didn't get it... IMO the next most talented filmmaker from this list is probably Mike Leigh.
keep it 100, mike leigh is better than all them shitbags put together

Barrett2

trinest said:
No love for Yogi bear? Are you really that cold hearted or does the movie just suck that much?
Are we seeing the same previews? It looks like the worst thing in the world.

Black Swan, True Grit, The Fighter and TRON are all day 1 for me. So, so excited.

Aselith said:
No love for Julie Taymor, homie? Her adaptation of Titus Andronicus is amazing and she is a great visual stylist.

I didn't realize this was coming out but I'm definitely hitting it up although I doubt it'll play locally. Gonna have to wait for Blu-Ray most likely.

Its getting completely trashed review wise. Currently at 20% on RT :/

robertsan21 said:
question, I love you phillip morris,, Why is that one the list?

this film was released early this year....

Not in the US. It kept getting delayed, delayed, delayed. We are finally getting it now!

Johnlenham said:
Thats not entierly true. Your top 10 to see is word for word pic for pic copied from
Here

Not that I care to much as I wouldn't have found out about True Grit and your other threads have been good.

Edit: unless you infact wrote that for that website.

Yep, that is my site. Hence my links/logo in the OP :D

trinest said:
No love for Yogi bear? Are you really that cold hearted or does the movie just suck that much?
I'm going to see it, and I'll probably enjoy the fuck out of it too. I don't know what Yogi Bear cartoon the rest of GAF grew up watching, but there is nothing, nothing in the trailers for the movie that looks out of place to me. It looks exactly how I would imagine a live-action/CGI Yogi Bear movie to look based off the old toons and movies. Yogi and Boo-Boo, thinking up hair-brained schemes and building crazy contraptions to pilfer pic-a-nic baskets from the campers at Jellystone Park. Movie looks perfectly on point.

That said, I have NO idea how the fuck that 'Great things come in bears' poster got OK'd, holy SHIT :lol :lol

Also gonna see Tron and Rare Exports, and morbidly curious about Gulliver if only because I like Jack Black so much. :\

Tron and, uh, RDR: The Movie for me.

Yogi Bear and Gulliver's Travels weren't even worth mentioning even as "DO NOT SEE" movies, IMO. What a horrible picture for the latter, no less.

That Warrior's Way looks like something to do out of curiosity and boredom, but I felt that same way about Ninja Assassin, which I eventually watched on HBO or something and oh god did I want to cut my wrists.

LogicStep

Didn't you normally put previous months at the end of these threads? There's a lot of movies I haven't seen from previous months that I want to catch up on so I need your threads!!

HiResDes said:
When it comes to living American directors I think the only person that I'd put over the top of the Coen Brothers is Paul Thomas Anderson, and that's mostly because of personal preference.

I almost didn't catch that and you would have gotten some Ridley Scott firer.

BTW,

Night Catches Us premieres on HDNET sometime in the next few days.

Wow, both Donnersmarck and Chomet are coming out with new films? I loved their previous works. Those along with The Way Back and maybe Tron make me excited about new releases for the first time in a while.

The Tourist is, well, a tourist trap. Jolie spends all her time looking pretty (and turning heads everywhere she goes) and Depp is trying really hard to be clueless and normal and just ends up being bland. They have little to no chemistry with each other. The plot is laughable and the "action" is realistic and not much else. The only redeeming quality about the movie IMO is that it shows off Venice really well.

Expendable. said:
I loved The Expendables a little too much.

Well, that comment was positive. I'm excited about seeing it, but I did hear kind of lukewarm response at TIFF. More excited to see it now!
:lol

Black Swan, True Grit and Tron Legacy.

Look forward to see The Tourist on USA in 9 months.

Drewsky

The Fighter I'll probably see. Biutiful I really want to see but it probably won't come to a theater near me for a long ass time. And True Grit is a given.

I'm so pissed that 127 Hours still isn't anywhere close to me.

Forkball

No Dawn Treader? You should at least post that it's coming out, even if it doesn't fit your love/hate criteria. Instead you decided to remind us of the abomination that is the Yogi Bear movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom