• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 games for $60 at Toys R Us - Darksiders II, Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3 and more

Jhoan

That's such an amazingly good deal. I think I might just bite on it. OP, you're 100% correct; those are the only two games worth getting. I think I'm gonna go for it; Sleeping Dogs was pretty good from what I played of the brief demo and since I played and loved Darksiders, Darksiders II is a no brainer. The best two retail games of August for sure.

I already have MP3, ME3, and MW3 but it doesn't work on my Xbox (it's my bro's game which works on his girlfriend's Xbox). In fact, I might grab them tomorrow during my class break even though my wallet's going to take a massive beating from it.

I can't justify any of them... I'd like Prototype 2 & Sleeping Dogs, but I have a super huge back log.

I reviewed Darksiders II & loved it, so much so that I bought it to support THQ & gave my extra away to a friend.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely going to get DS2 and Sleepy Dogs.

hwy_61

Banned
For those asking about PC versions, don't hold your breath. I don't know if you've been to a TRU recently, but their PC selection is very lacking. Don't think this will include them.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Go buy both from tru and returned the sealed copy to Walmart. People do way shadier things when it comes to walmarts return policy.

This is some great advice right here, I was about to tell him the same exact thing

What's wrong with Max Payne 3?

I can't speak to what his problems are with it, but it was a highly stylized game and that can be divisive. Sort of the 'Drive' of video games you could say.

I personally loved it though. The soundtrack and visuals and everything were perfect for me(on 360). Gunplay was solid and there were only a few parts that that AI seemed overly cheap/hard.

Lunchbox

Banned
max payne is worth 30, its not amazing like the first 2 because of rockstars shit engine with shit controls and spongy enemies.

but its a fantastic looking game with really impressive presentation.

rockstar should stop making games and start making movies

matt360

Awesome. I was about to pay $50 to have Mass Effect 3 imported to Japan. I think I'll pick up ME3 and Sleeping Dogs. I'm playing through Darksiders 1 right now. It's good, but I'm in no rush to start part 2.

For those who have played Spider-Man -- is it a good screw-around game? I know it's not fantastic, but is it fun to just pop in and play for 30 minutes or so?

Synless

Gold Member
max payne is worth 30, its not amazing like the first 2 because of rockstars shit engine with shit controls and spongy enemies.

but its a fantastic looking game with really impressive presentation.

rockstar should stop making games and start making movies
Shit engine? No.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I originally was considering Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs, but it sounds like DS2 is loaded with game breaking bugs. Is that the case? Not sure if I should grab Max Payne 3 instead because of all the bug talk. DS2 looks so good though!

I originally was considering Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs, but it sounds like DS2 is loaded with game breaking bugs. Is that the case? Not sure if I should grab Max Payne 3 instead because of all the bug talk. DS2 looks so good though!

I loved the original DS, but the second one is loaded with tons and tons of empty space. Inside of dungeons it's fine, but everywhere else is just so blahhhhh. Far too many fetch quests as well. Pretty disappointed with the game, but haven't experienced any game-breaking bugs.

KevinCow

Banned

There are some, but it's not loaded with them. I'm most of the way through my second playthrough and haven't encountered one.

Get it, it's a great game.

G0523

A lot of titles appear to be sold out online. And they won't let you know if they're available at your local store. Typical TRU bullshit. People on CAG, however, have gone to Walmart with the TRU paper ad and got their deal matched. So it seems that Walmart would be the best place to go for this deal. Now the problem is actually GOING to Walmart...

Max Payne does have way too many cutscenes. But for a pure gameplay standpoint I think it absolutely wrecks the Uncharted series. And damn at those animations.

Kusagari

I went to TRU the second they opened. They had 2 copies of SD and Darksiders for 360 and 2 for PS3.

A hoarder was already there. I managed to get a copy of each for 360, but he got the other copies for 360 and both copies of each for PS3.

kyo27

I'd recommend going early if you plan on getting any games you want. I got there when the store opened and picked up Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. They only had 1 copy of SD and 2 of DS2. I didn't really want DS2 but needed another game and there was nothing else I wanted.

Must resist, cuz both of these games will have GOTY edition(total BS), dlc is such bullshit give me full game from the get go

kvn

Oh god, why is this US only :(

I would definitely buy Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders, if there only would be such a deal in EU...

theDeeDubs

Yup, might want to hit this early if you can. Got the last Darksiders 2 and the second to last Sleeping Dogs. I heard some people were having luck with Walmart price matching. Mine wouldn't though.

The TRU i went to was out of Sleeping Dogs so I just picked up an ad at the front and pricematched at Walmart.
WP_000146.jpg

G0523

Yup, might want to hit this early if you can. Got the last Darksiders 2 and the second to last Sleeping Dogs. I heard some people were having luck with Walmart price matching. Mine wouldn't though.

That's crap. Walmart says they can match ANY price GUARANTEED. You should go back and complain.

theDeeDubs

That's crap. Walmart says they can match ANY price GUARANTEED. You should go back and complain.

The TRU is about 20 minutes away and she said it wasn't local enough. I started to push it, but before that when I was showing her their website on my phone she told me, "I don't know how to work those fancy new phones." Didn't think it was worth it at that point lol. Sad part is I called and the csr told me they would accept it before I made the trip in.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The TRU is about 20 minutes away and she said it wasn't local enough. I started to push it, but before that when I was showing her their website on my phone she told me, "I don't know how to work those fancy new phones." Didn't think it was worth it at that point lol. Sad part is I called and the csr told me they would accept it before I made the trip in.

I always request to speak to a manager when that happens. No offense but CSRs usually don't understand anything

Malo

Banned
Went to my local toysrus and they were sold out. Luckily there's a best buy right next to it and I was able to price match it.

Went to two Toys R' Us today, one had no Darksiders and ran out of Sleeping Dogs right when I got there. Another one didn't even have the PS3 version of SD listed in the store. Just gave up after that.

I tried pricematching at my Walmart that's like 2 minutes away from me with the ad on my iPhone (my local newspaper didn't come with a Toys 'R Us ad) and I had no luck after speaking to the manager. Sadly, they didn't have Sleeping Dogs, but the clerk I first spoke to was fine with pricematching the deal for both Darksiders 2 and Prototype 2 then she had to double check with the manager. I was told that they don't price match bundle deals yet they will for individual game sales.

So I ended up driving to a Toys 'R Us about 10 or so miles away and got those two games. This one didn't have Sleeping Dogs either. Overall it went pretty well.

rdrr gnr

So, chasing after this deal was a bit weird. I first called the closest Toy R Us (not close at all) and asked the video game guy if they were having this deal. He didn't know, apparently. He put me on and hold and eventually told me that they were having this deal but the titles I wanted were not available for PS3 (SD, DSII). Not that they weren't in -- but that the deal only applied to the Xbox version of those games. I told him that I felt that was incorrect -- he said it was correct. I asked him if he would go verify that -- he proceeded to tell that he was a "PS3" gamer and that he knows what he is talking about. It sounded odd -- but what are you going to do? The next closest Toys R Us (not close at all) didn't have copies of the game. I called Walmart and asked if they would price match -- they said yes. I stood in line for twenty minutes before the lady told me I needed the paper ad; I proceeded to tell her: No, I don't. It took a younger worker to come in and tell her that the ad on my phone was appropriate. Turns out they were all out of Sleeping Dogs. Finally, I call Best Buy (across fucking town). They said they would price match and put the only copy of each game on hold for me. I went and picked up both for $30 each.

1st world problems. Good deal, though.

Top Bottom