• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Dougald

Doesn't look *so* bad in person. But it's the reason I'm considering an older, 2010 bike instead of a recent one:

OQMI4I2.jpg

Much better. Though it does look like a startled deer.

Dougald

Yeah I realised it was a speed after posting, but that single swingarm is too nice to take it down...

17 Watchers on my eBay listing, 231 views... obviously all just wishful thinking old blokes because the only person who contacted me so far sent me a very disjointed mail where I *think* he was proposing that I swap with him for his 10+ year old Daytona 955.. no thanks.

Yeah I realised it was a speed after posting, but that single swingarm is too nice to take it down...

17 Watchers on my eBay listing, 231 views... obviously all just wishful thinking old blokes because the only person who contacted me so far sent me a very disjointed mail where I *think* he was proposing that I swap with him for his 10+ year old Daytona 955.. no thanks.

How long to go still on the add? Might score a luck and it goes in the end.

Dougald

Loadsa time left, few weeks... I reduced the price to what I thought was fair, rather than my original "haggling starting position" price. Worst case I'll stick it on an auction, but I'm not looking for a bike to buy until it sells!

Izayoi

Banned
Raining today... ;_;

Cruisers are scary, man. They're way too heavy for my liking. I'm much more a fan of the waify, nimble bikes.

I can appreciate them, though. There are some super sexy ones, like the California and the Hammer up there.

Dougald

Raining today... ;_;

Cruisers are scary, man. They're way too heavy for my liking. I'm much more a fan of the waify, nimble bikes.

I can appreciate them, though. There are some super sexy ones, like the California and the Hammer up there.

I'd tell you it's fine riding in the rain, but you're in California, right? I bet the drivers get as crazy there when it rains as they do here when it snows.

Izayoi

Banned
I'd tell you it's fine riding in the rain, but you're in California, right? I bet the drivers get as crazy there when it rains as they do here when it snows.
Washington state. I'm more concerned about my brand new tires slipping out from underneath me. I have backroad access from my house so I never really have to worry about other drivers unless I want to go on the main roads.

It also JUST started raining, so I want to wait at least a couple of hours to let the oil wash off.

Dougald

Should be ok on the new tyres, it's the first mile or so you need to worry about. Just wait a few hours as you say for the oil to go and then get out there!

I can say from experience that oily, wet roads are not fun.

Dougald

Yech, Triumph has an awful habit of using poor quality hex sockets on their bikes. Went to help my friend change his rear brake disc and of course the first bolt immediately rounded out.

Girlfriend got the last of her riding gear today. Went for a quick spin, really fun riding with a passenger (and really different too). She's at work now but I'll get pictures tomorrow when we go for a more proper ride.

Girls in leathers = yes please!

in the rain, i just give myself more room for braking and take corners slower. only times i had a couple near low sides were when i did a sudden hard, fast turn in an intersection and had the rear tire pass over a metal plate or grate. since i use my bikes for commuting, i learned to ride in the rain with a quickness.

Yesssssss. It rides like a fucking dream. The throttle is a bit on/off at times it seems like, but that might just be the heavy engine breaking. I love it, can't wait to get out and ride this weekend.

Doug showing my brother his bike before we took it off the lot.

Sorry about imgur, abload isn't working for me right now. I will post more later!

the notchy throttle in low rpm first is a "feature" of the zook 650 bikes. the older sv650 was far worse. it can be fixed by playing with the fueling and throttle position sensor (or nab a power commander iii), although that voids the warranty. svriders has a thread on it. i got used to it so i never bothered.

it definitely has GREAT engine braking and a near-perfect torque curve. great, broad, progressive friction zone on the clutch, although you can take corners at like 8-9 mph on that dang bike in 1st without feathering. great gear sizes, neither too tall nor too short, and it winds up with a quickness. as you get street experience, you'll find more and more to love about it, and the little complaints like the notchy throttle will go away.

other awesome upgrade after you get some skills: swap out the rear shock for a gsx-r 750 shock. HUGE improvement in backend control in curves, especially if you want to do track days.

edit: oh, if you ever drop the bike, i have the following in my garage: oem exhaust, oem grips, oem bar ends. forgot to bring 'em to the dealer when i traded my sfv650 in. if you want 'em, they're yours, but you haul 'em away.

GARAGE TIME TOMORROW!

on the upgrade list for the zed:

slightly larger fly screen
driven bar-end mirrors (good night useless antennae)
rizoma lux grips (i like the feel, fuck the haterz)
ivan's flash ecu remap (removes the launch limiter in 1st gear)
r&g frame sliders

will post pics when done!

Izayoi

Banned
Went for a ride, took no pics though because it started POURING on us after we got a few miles into our trip.

It wasn't so bad in the rain on the way back, but the road we were riding on gets lots of deep puddles so we figured it would be safer to turn around right away before they started forming.

Oh well, it's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow. Thinking about going over Steven's Pass for my brother's birthday.

Girlfriend got the last of her riding gear today. Went for a quick spin, really fun riding with a passenger (and really different too). She's at work now but I'll get pictures tomorrow when we go for a more proper ride.

Indeed good sir. You lucky sob.

I see so many guys in full leather and there girls on the back with jeans and a top.... good that she is all sorted out. Yes man riding with a pillion is a different story but its nice to get off and have someone to share the ride with.

Enjoy

that a shaft drive? i like shaft drive on a big sport tourer like a concours, which has the drive lash sorted out (at the cost of extra weight), but on a roadster? mmmm, no thanks

Dougald

"Will you take £2,800 in cash for the bike?"

I'm not sure how else he'd pay for a bike in a private sale. Maybe he thought I was getting offers in gold?

Dougald

Was up for £3,500 as a sighter but that was a bit cheeky tbh and it's now on £3,300

I would be gutted to let her go for under £3,100 to be honest. Even at £3,300 it's something like the 3rd cheapest Bonneville I can find online.

That BMW is gorgeous.

As for the Triumph headlights, I love the round ones, very iconic and I think the newer 'insect' like update looks pretty good as well.

Can't beat the original though :D

triumph20speed20tripllrk3o.jpg

Both nice photos.... I see the sun is out and everyone is on the bikes. I am trying to find a place to fit my go pro so I can go for a little ride. Enjoy the Sunday guys

Reven

I think I need to get bar end mirrors for my CBR250R. The stock ones are pretty useless and I can't seem to get them setup just right.

Personally I cannot do bar ends. I like the look, but I found the mirror itself was just a bit too small for me to really make out good detail...like I'd never be able to tell if it was a cop behind me. Maybe I just needed to try larger ones (mine were CRG Hindsight). Plus, being on the R1 with stock clipons, I didn't like looking "down" to look in the mirror, whereas I could just shift my eyes over a little with the stock ones.

Jackson

So I'm talking to some friends about doing a fun ferry trip (maybe to deception pass?) this Sat or Sun (31st/1st). Weather is supposed to rock.

Any Seattle/Eastside GAFers interested!

Drinky? :)

So I'm talking to some friends about doing a fun ferry trip (maybe to deception pass?) this Sat or Sun (31st/1st). Weather is supposed to rock.

Any Seattle/Eastside GAFers interested!

Drinky? :)

was gonna do the cascade run (three pass blast) with the everett riders, but it's lookin' like 30+ folks are gonna show up and i prefer a smaller group. (too many cruisers, too many squids, not enough adults. the testosterone is absurd and someone often winds up in the ditch.)

yeah, i'd be up for a deception pass run. i actually haven't ridden that yet and i'm kinda tired of hwy 2 to leavenworth. msg me and i'll send you my facebook addy, we can make an event there.

Top Bottom