• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Makki

How do you guys feel about letting friends ride your bikes? Personally I don't care since that harley is a dirt bike in my eyes and I want my friends to have fun on it.
I would let any of my experienced friends ride, if anything happens I know they would pay to fix it.

New old bike yooooo!!!!! Meet Uranus (the actual paint color code lol)!

H7Qh25g.jpg
Might have overpaid a little but I always wanted this body style and could never find the color schemes I wanted for sale. I need to clean and polish it badly, it hadnt been ridden a lot in the past couple of years.

My wife was looking at the Ninja 300, but she likes this one now. Who knows might be a couple of BMWs in our garage next year (it'd be the 800 or 1200 for me though)

Currently I am using my 1200 for getting to work but some of the spots on the way to work the boxser is just too wide to filter. So if this little bike has nice poke to get me to work and back and can go out for a nice blast on weekends it might be worth a try. I am going to miss the boxser engine as I did with the K1300s

Would like to see the UK prices and test drive dates.

Dougald

BMW News

Electric S1000RR concept:

Vs9l6Fr.jpg

and that awesome R nine T scrambler concept is coming to showrooms in 2016:

D7sQCe9.jpg

I would let any of my experienced friends ride, if anything happens I know they would pay to fix it.

New old bike yooooo!!!!! Meet Uranus (the actual paint color code lol)!

Might have overpaid a little but I always wanted this body style and could never find the color schemes I wanted for sale. I need to clean and polish it badly, it hadnt been ridden a lot in the past couple of years.

Very nice.. my wife would approve, she loves that style and in your face colour scheme. One of my neighbours has that same bike in a more "subdued" (ie, boring) colour and its really nice.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Carefull Stinkles once you break the 50mph barrier its like Event Horizon

NdAuU5v.jpg

Do you see what is left of my passenger?

I was taking pics of a charity bicycle ride when some dude totally ate it so I gave him a ride back to his car. Didn't notice he was bleeding like crazy all over my scoot :p

Wear gloves people!

That's dark

Dougald

Bennetts are good and cover a lot of modifications as standard (screens, scottoilers, etc) without you having to declare

Avoid MCE like the plague, they are a cancer. Personally I rotate between Carole Nash and Bennetts every year to get the best price.

Bennetts are good and cover a lot of modifications as standard (screens, scottoilers, etc) without you having to declare

Avoid MCE like the plague, they are a cancer. Personally I rotate between Carole Nash and Bennetts every year to get the best price.

cheers, Bennetts is giving a a good deal. Will take a closer look tonight

Dougald

New Multistrada? giveittomenow.gif

Got a chap coming to look at the CBR600F tonight. Hopefully all goes well, it's great time of year to pick up a Deauville for the wife as a replacement, everything is cheaper off-season.

nico1982

New Brutale 800

https://youtu.be/92a-tcRAYPQ

I like the LED headlight and the tail is sleek. How the pillion handle integrates into the design is a work of art. Overall build quality seems on par with the 800RR and step above the current vanilla 800.
I hope that they fixed the throttle response and improved QC overall, the brand needs it above everything else.

sgjackson

going to take the msf with a friend in december, rode their nighthawk up and down the road tonight. got to the point where i started figuring out the friction zone and getting comfortable going up and down the road in first gear in about thirty minutes of riding. we didn't have much time to practice today so we called it there. hoping i can get smoother and work on shifting and turns before i go take the class.

a lot of people say the msf is enough to learn on a bike from scratch but i took it five years ago and felt like it moved too fast toward shifting and turning for me to be comfortable, so i want to get some seat time this go around.

Dougald

Success with the CBR! He haggled us down, but to about what my wife was expecting to be haggled down to so a win all round. It's being picked up next week so time to start looking for Cheap NT650 Deauvilles...

a lot of people say the msf is enough to learn on a bike from scratch but i took it five years ago and felt like it moved too fast toward shifting and turning for me to be comfortable, so i want to get some seat time this go around.

Have you had experience with clutches and manual transmissions before? As a bicyclist and driver of only manuals/standards, I found it pretty straightforward. My biggest problem was half-notching into neutral on that shitty early 80s Kawasaki they had me riding.

sgjackson

Have you had experience with clutches and manual transmissions before? As a bicyclist and driver of only manuals/standards, I found it pretty straightforward. My biggest problem was half-notching into neutral on that shitty early 80s Kawasaki they had me riding.

nah, which is kinda the issue - the extent of my manual transmission experience is getting a feel for driving a friend's car around the neighborhood for about thirty minutes over the summer. even that experience made it way easier to transition to the bike - the last time was the first time i'd ever seriously operated a clutch.

So who's excited about EICMA starting tomorrow? Personally looking forward to seeing what BMW are doing (maybe F800GT upgrade?) and also the Yamaha MT-07 Tracer (aka FJ-07).

Dougald

Should see the new Stuff from Ducati, no? Interested to see what they're doing with these new Scrambler/Multistrada/Diavel models

Dougald

It's clearly been built to more of a budget (no upside down forks here for example), but it looks really nice. I assume it'll have a price to boot too, would be a perfect starter/town bike

Plus it'll have ABS due to the 2016 EU regs for new bikes dragging riders and manufacturers kicking and screaming into the late 20th century.

nico1982

It's clearly been built to more of a budget (no upside down forks here for example), but it looks really nice. I assume it'll have a price to boot too, would be a perfect starter/town bike
£6450. It doesn't sound exactly cheap when the KTM RC390 is 4999. What's the UK price on the basic 800 cc Scrambler?

nico1982

Word, I would never consider dropping that on this trim of the scrambler considering the shocks and swing arm look so bad, and the high price. The high CC brother is definitely the better choice from the little we know.
Aye.

Is there a restricted, A2 compliant version of the 800? If yes, the 400 does make even less sense. Unless they don't offer the restricted 800 anymore.

Dougald

£6450. It doesn't sound exactly cheap when the KTM RC390 is 4999. What's the UK price on the basic 800 cc Scrambler?

That's either a mistake, or someone at Ducati hates this model and wants it to die. The Icon 800 is £6995, so I don't see why anyone would buy the 400 at that price

For that extra 500 quid you get better shocks/swinging arm, and twice the engine size.

Reven

That's either a mistake, or someone at Ducati hates this model and wants it to die. The Icon 800 is £6995, so I don't see why anyone would buy the 400 at that price

For that extra 500 quid you get better shocks/swinging arm, and twice the engine size.

Apparently its accurate, it's only 500 cheaper in the US too.

nico1982

In retrospect I probably need a way to carry that backpack better. Fully loaded with all my gear it comes in at about 36 lbs. Riding with it for that long is starting to really hurt my back.
Take a look at the Ventura's carry racks. You should be able to find something that's easy to adapt to your bike with your skills. Or at least use it as inspiration.

Dougald

That 400 CC Scrambler Sixty2.

Did Ducati just make the perfect bike for me, guys?

The pricing is just crazy on it to be honest. I'm not sure who they're marketing it at beyond restricted license holders in the EU at a mere £500 less than the Icon. I'd stick with the base model. Of course to play devils advocate, at 400cc its probably more of a pure scrambler than the others

The new xdiavel is certainly bold. Looks great though

Why do tou think is more perfect than the 800cc? Price is basically the same :/
If you are an A2 license holder, you can grab a restricted 800.

The pricing is just crazy on it to be honest. I'm not sure who they're marketing it at beyond restricted license holders in the EU at a mere £500 less than the Icon. I'd stick with the base model. Of course to play devils advocate, at 400cc its probably more of a pure scrambler than the others

The new xdiavel is certainly bold. Looks great though

I was thinking from the perspective of a fearful beginner such as I.

Duderz

Banned
I think I read that it's only about 15 lbs lighter than the base Scrambler?

For the price, I'd definitely stick with the base model. This is too heavy, and too expensive.

EDIT: NOPE, just 7 lbs lighter. Meh.

Evo X

Anyone have recommendations for a good motorcycle shipping company in the US? Moving from Chicago to SoCal and wanted to transport my STR.

Top Bottom