• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Rizific

Edit: I only wish I knew someone who rode so they could teach me. Otherwise I'll have to teach myself.
I was in that same position. YouTube taught me the basics. Got my first bike and took it slow riding up and down my street. Then expanded to riding around the neighborhood.

Dougald

The fact you can do that in the US boggles my mind, the training requirements for a bike license over here are a whole other world

OraleeWey

I was in that same position. YouTube taught me the basics. Got my first bike and took it slow riding up and down my street. Then expanded to riding around the neighborhood.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? And how long have you been riding, annnnd which bike?
The fact you can do that in the US boggles my mind, the training requirements for a bike license over here are a whole other world
Yeah, I suppose. But I will be taking the basic riders training course. From there I'll get more information than just the basics and learn a thing or two. Then finally head over to DMV to take the written test. I believe that if you take the beginners riding course, you're exempt from taking the driving test at DMV.

Watevaman

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? And how long have you been riding, annnnd which bike?

Yeah, I suppose. But I will be taking the basic riders training course. From there I'll get more information than just the basics and learn a thing or two. Then finally head over to DMV to take the written test. I believe that if you take the beginners riding course, you're exempt from taking the driving test at DMV.

In Virginia, you're exempt from both tests unless that's changed in the past 4 years.

OraleeWey

You could probably find someone at a dealer that wouldn't mind teaching you some basics in the parking lot or something.
Good to know. I'll ask them to see if they're willing to take some time to help out.

In Virginia, you're exempt from both tests unless that's changed in the past 4 years.
You're right. Sweet. I'll be taking the training program ASAP (March)!

I'm a bit confused on the bolded part though. I guess I'll call and ask.

License

Class M Designations
Any Virginia driver authorized to operate a motorcycle must have an "M", "M2", or "M3" listed under "Class" on the front of their driver's license. This designation indicates the type(s) of motorcycles the holder is authorized to operate:
M: Both two and three-wheeled motorcycles
M2: Restricted to the operation of two-wheeled motorcycles
M3: Restricted to the operation of three-wheeled motorcycles
Drivers with licenses that display both an "M", "M2", or "M3" designation AND a "6" listed under "Restriction" are authorized to operate a motorcycle ONLY, as indicated on the back of their license. If the license has an "M", "M2", or "M3" designation and no "6" listed under "Restriction", then the driver is authorized to operate both a standard motor vehicle AND the type of motorcycle their Class "M", "M2", or "M3" designation authorizes them to operate.
Drivers who meet the requirements for obtaining both an M2 and an M3 designation will be issued a license with an M designation. The M designation allows the operation of both two-wheeled and three-wheeled motorcycles.
Adding a Class M Designation to Your License
If you already hold a valid Virginia driver's license without a motorcycle designation, you may add a Class M, M2, or M3 designation to your license that will allow you to operate a motorcycle.
If you are 19 or older, you must do the following to add a Class "M", "M2", or "M3" designation to your current license:
Pass the required vision screening
Pass the motorcycle knowledge exam
Hold a motorcycle learner's permit for 30 days
Pass the motorcycle road skills test
If you completed the Virginia Rider Training Program, you will be exempted from taking both the motorcycle knowledge exam and the road skills test. The course completion certificate will act as a temporary "M2" or "M3" classification when carried with your driver's license. This will allow you to operate the appropriate motorcycle for a period of 30 days from the course completion date. After the initial 30 days, you will not be authorized to operate a motorcycle until you visit a DMV customer service center to have the motorcycle designation added to your license. Certificates are valid for a period of one year from the date of completion. Make sure to bring the certificate of completion with you when you visit DMV to apply for your motorcycle classification.

ill be 30 come next saturday and purchased my 2015 ninja 300 in the beginning of december. still a very new a fresh rider.
I see. I'm 23 myself. Hoping I can get on the road soon! Enjoy your new bike. And happy early birthday!

Watevaman

Good to know. I'll ask them to see if they're willing to take some time to help out.

You're right. Sweet. I'll be taking the training program ASAP (March)!

I'm a bit confused on the bolded part though. I guess I'll call and ask.

I see. I'm 23 myself. Hoping I can get on the road soon! Enjoy your new bike. And happy early birthday!

They give you a little card at the end of the MSF BRC that you can hold onto for a year before taking it to the DMV to use it to get your license. If you haven't gone after a year, you'll have to take the test again.

And I don't know who you're taking the BRC with, but I took it with Apex Cycle Education in Woodbridge and it was great. Although I had already ridden around parking lots on my buddy's Virago 250, I would've gotten everything I needed about riding from the class. Hell, my buddy's friend who, in my opinion, shouldn't have been on a bike after the class, still passed it. It's very lenient, which is both scary and reassuring.

edit: I currently live in SW VA, but if I'm up in NOVA this summer and remember, I'll hit you up if you want to ride together. You really have to get out of the area to find good roads, but luckily they're within a few hours journey.

OraleeWey

They give you a little card at the end of the MSF BRC that you can hold onto for a year before taking it to the DMV to use it to get your license. If you haven't gone after a year, you'll have to take the test again.

And I don't know who you're taking the BRC with, but I took it with Apex Cycle Education in Woodbridge and it was great. Although I had already ridden around parking lots on my buddy's Virago 250, I would've gotten everything I needed about riding from the class. Hell, my buddy's friend who, in my opinion, shouldn't have been on a bike after the class, still passed it. It's very lenient, which is both scary and reassuring.

edit: I currently live in SW VA, but if I'm up in NOVA this summer and remember, I'll hit you up if you want to ride together. You really have to get out of the area to find good roads, but luckily they're within a few hours journey.

Thanks for looking out! Would be fun if I could get a ride with a group or someone. I'm planning on taking the MSF BRC at NVCC (Northern VA Community College) in Alexandria. That's the closest place to me. Also, thanks for clarifying the bolded part, makes sense now.

KLR is a fine bike, but since it's your first I would suggest used instead of new. If you ride on the dirt get some boots that protect against crushing. Us and youtube are a great source for tips on riding to. Be safe!

Bought some more tools the other day, couple of wrenches in different sizes. Needed them to remove the batteries from the Buells. First time using the battery tender I got last year.

Buying tools was really cool though. Guess cause my dad always does everything, I never really considered it as a real option. The sky did not fall on my head though, it was great :D.

The biggest challenge remains working on like 'the rolling parts' of the bike, maintenance concerning tires/belt/bearings. Need to look into a safe way to suspend the bike.

Dougald

I find front/rear paddock stands take care of most things, though forks would be a challenge (headstock stand would probably take care of that)

Being as it's got a Harley engine, does the Buell need a combination of metric and old money tools?

Watevaman

I don't remember if I ever posted it up here, but I got an ABBA stand because of that. It hooks into the swingarm pivot bolts and acts as a center stand, but they also have a swingarm removal kit that changes the pivot location to one of the rearset bolt holes. The kit I bought also included a bar and strap that I can use to pull down the swingarm to lift the front if I need to, but it's not currently on in this picture.

wp_20150821_16_28_10_pro_by_watevaman-d96n4mw.jpg

^ Yeah, that looks like a really smart piece of kit. Will look into that.

I find front/rear paddock stands take care of most things, though forks would be a challenge (headstock stand would probably take care of that)

Being as it's got a Harley engine, does the Buell need a combination of metric and old money tools?

Haha, yup. Means a garage floor often strewn with all types of tools.

GAF thinking of joining "2wheels". I've been heavily looking at the Kawasaki KLR650 2015/2016. Especially the camo one.
f8df695f-40bc-45fc-80cd-6b7bec7a1e42.jpg

I'll be using it as a commuter bike in NOVA (Northern Virginia). I can't wait. I'm still deciding but I've got a lot more to research. If I do choose to get this bike I'll be getting the proper gear. Most likely overpants/overjackers. I'm just not sure if they'll also work for winter riding as well?

Edit: What do you guys with some experience think of the KLR650? I know it does a lot of things, it just doesn't do anything in particular well. But people who ride them, Love them.

I looked at the exact same bike with the digi camo, the sales assistant at the Kawasaki dealership put me off. Said it's great off road but lousy on the highway, he recommended the versys if I wasn't going off road regularly. So I guess it depends on the conditions you'll be riding in. I have heard good things about them though, easy to repair, very capable off road, long range etc.

OraleeWey

I looked at the exact same bike with the digi camo, the sales assistant at the Kawasaki dealership put me off. Said it's great off road but lousy on the highway, he recommended the versys if I wasn't going off road regularly. So I guess it depends on the conditions you'll be riding in. I have heard good things about them though, easy to repair, very capable off road, long range etc.

I found a 2006 KLR 650. It's under 3k and I think I'm going to go for it for now. I should have it soon but I won't ride it until I've got my license and gear. Kawasaki didn't make any major changes to their design until 2008. Pre 2008 the KLR is more geared towards off road. I figure I'll start with a cheap bike and once I'm much more comfortable, go from there.

nico1982

I don't remember if I ever posted it up here, but I got an ABBA stand because of that. It hooks into the swingarm pivot bolts and acts as a center stand, but they also have a swingarm removal kit that changes the pivot location to one of the rearset bolt holes.
Nice!

I found a 2006 KLR 650. It's under 3k and I think I'm going to go for it for now. I should have it soon but I won't ride it until I've got my license and gear. Kawasaki didn't make any major changes to their design until 2008. Pre 2008 the KLR is more geared towards off road. I figure I'll start with a cheap bike and once I'm much more comfortable, go from there.

Just some feedback... I had one of the big old thumpers and really enjoyed it. As most mentioned if you going to do long distance motorway riding you might find it not suited but if you want to travel and explore back country roads and some nice trails this is a great bike. Mine still had the decompression clutch that you pull in to kickstart the beast.

Keep us posted and do ride the bike before putting the money down.

Yeah, that is good advice. Depending on what you're planning to use it for, trying the Versys as well might be a good idea.

I owned a 2009 Versys
for a few months
. It was a sweet ride, smooth, fast, looked good. Took it on a 2000 miles over 4 days roadtrip and had zero issues.
Don't let the short time I owned it put you off, I would have kept it if I could afford it.

dnaCenR.jpg

OraleeWey

Just some feedback... I had one of the big old thumpers and really enjoyed it. As most mentioned if you going to do long distance motorway riding you might find it not suited but if you want to travel and explore back country roads and some nice trails this is a great bike. Mine still had the decompression clutch that you pull in to kickstart the beast.

Keep us posted and do ride the bike before putting the money down.

Yeah, that is good advice. Depending on what you're planning to use it for, trying the Versys as well might be a good idea.
I talked about why I want it above. I want it as a commuter bike, basically. The option to adventure is also a nice choice, even though I won't be able to until I am much more comfortable. I was looking at the Ninja 250 but I really didn't want a sports bike. I wanted a dual sport. But of course, I've never ridden before and I don't have the experience, so what do you guys suggets? My commute to work is about 11 miles total, 8 if those are highway. My commute to school (soon) is mostly no highway, by fastest speed is 45mph. Other than that if I have to get anywhere it would always be within a 10 mile radius and I can stay off the highway if I needed to. But I'd like to know what you guys think? Ooh, and I can't ride one yet :(
I don't know how/haven't riden one before. I just happen to find that KLR I mentioned above as I was searching around. I figured I'd buy it and ride it in a months time.

I owned a 2009 Versys
for a few months
. It was a sweet ride, smooth, fast, looked good. Took it on a 2000 miles over 4 days roadtrip and had zero issues.
Don't let the short time I owned it put you off, I would have kept it if I could afford it.

dnaCenR.jpg

Looks like a good bike. Is it a sports bike? I don't really know much about it though, I mostly searched dual sports and locked on to the KLR650.

Dougald

Looks like a good bike. Is it a sports bike? I don't really know much about it though, I mostly searched dual sports and locked on to the KLR650.

It's an "Adventure" bike. Basically an all rounder with some light offroading ability

Other less-powerful bikes in that class would probably be the Triumph Tiger 800, BMW F650/F700/F800 GS, Suzuki V-Strom 650, Honda VFR800X maybe?

Dougald

So you think it's a better suited motorcycle for me?

If you're not planning to take it off-road I'd probably go for something like a Versys. The V-Strom 650 is supposed to be pretty good too, it has the same engine from the SV650 that *everyone* seems to want as a starter bike

The alloy wheels on those realistically make them pretty useless off-road for more than riding across a field though. The only bikes from that class I've ridden myself are the BMW F800GS which I was never super sold on, and the Tiger 800 which I thought was good fun

OraleeWey

If you're not planning to take it off-road I'd probably go for something like a Versys. The V-Strom 650 is supposed to be pretty good too, it has the same engine from the SV650 that *everyone* seems to want as a starter bike

The alloy wheels on those realistically make them pretty useless off-road for more than riding across a field though. The only bikes from that class I've ridden myself are the BMW F800GS which I was never super sold on, and the Tiger 800 which I thought was good fun

I see. Well yeah I am planning on taking it off road eventually. But I'm mostly driving on the pavement for the most part.

what is the hottest/coldest weather that you guys will ride in?

40F is my cutoff generally on the cold side, although if there's a strong sun I'll go out in that, too. Doesn't ever get hot enough here in Maine to not ride in the summer, assuming you have something vented.

Dougald

Anything down to 0C is ok for necessary journeys, I won't really ride for pleasure when it's under 10C though. Not sure what that is in old money I'm afraid

As for hottest, it never gets hot enough in England to answer that one...

Watevaman

While I've never owned any of the stuff, I've always heard of Bilt as a more budget oriented brand. I haven't owned anything other than one set of leathers (Cortech jacket/pants, A* gloves) and two helmets (Scorpions) so I can't chime in on the quality of what else is out there. I would take those glove reviews as a sign, though. Wearing through the palms after 1k miles isn't something you'll want. I've gotten about 20k miles out of my A* gloves, albeit they are due for the trash now.

edit: Also, try on at least the helmet before you buy it if you can. It looks like there's a Cycle Gear in Springfield now, so that's probably your best bet. Different helmets have different shapes and one may work for you more than another. You want a helmet that sits snug on your cheeks, so that when you move the helmet, the fatty part of your cheek actually moves too. You also want to wear it for at least 10 minutes if you can. I had a hot spot from my EXO-1100 on my forehead that only came about after 10 minutes of wearing the helmet.

Rizific

40F is my cutoff generally on the cold side, although if there's a strong sun I'll go out in that, too. Doesn't ever get hot enough here in Maine to not ride in the summer, assuming you have something vented.
im in california's central valley and its gets cold'ish here. i found my threshold to be around 45F. but here it gets pretty damn hot during the summers. talking 100-110 pretty regularly. its started to heat up here recently to the 70s. i have taken the windproof liner out of my jacket and it feels pretty good. but im starting to think if riding in 100F+ is even do-able.
Guys as far as gear goes, what do you think of BiLT?
from what ive gathered, its cyclegear's in-house brand. i cant find shit as far as reviews on most of their stuff. im considering their Dexter motorcycle shoes and their Iron workers kevlar jeans. Ive tried the shoes on and they felt fine and are currently on sale for $40. I figure ill give them a try, if worst comes to worst im only out $40 compared to the $170 astars i was looking at. plus i hear they have a no hassle return/exchange on their gear.

Watevaman

I rode to work one day in vented gear when it was 18F (-8C) and it was the worst decision I ever made. I think my limit is around 40F for commuting and about 50F for fun. The hottest I've ridden in was probably around 100F and it definitely sucked sitting at lights in full leather, but it was fine once I was moving.

OraleeWey

While I've never owned any of the stuff, I've always heard of Bilt as a more budget oriented brand. I haven't owned anything other than one set of leathers (Cortech jacket/pants, A* gloves) and two helmets (Scorpions) so I can't chime in on the quality of what else is out there. I would take those glove reviews as a sign, though. Wearing through the palms after 1k miles isn't something you'll want. I've gotten about 20k miles out of my A* gloves, albeit they are due for the trash now.

edit: Also, try on at least the helmet before you buy it if you can. It looks like there's a Cycle Gear in Springfield now, so that's probably your best bet. Different helmets have different shapes and one may work for you more than another. You want a helmet that sits snug on your cheeks, so that when you move the helmet, the fatty part of your cheek actually moves too. You also want to wear it for at least 10 minutes if you can. I had a hot spot from my EXO-1100 on my forehead that only came about after 10 minutes of wearing the helmet.

im in california's central valley and its gets cold'ish here. i found my threshold to be around 45F. but here it gets pretty damn hot during the summers. talking 100-110 pretty regularly. its started to heat up here recently to the 70s. i have taken the windproof liner out of my jacket and it feels pretty good. but im starting to think if riding in 100F+ is even do-able.

from what ive gathered, its cyclegear's in-house brand. i cant find shit as far as reviews on most of their stuff. im considering their Dexter motorcycle shoes and their Iron workers kevlar jeans. Ive tried the shoes on and they felt fine and are currently on sale for $40. I figure ill give them a try, if worst comes to worst im only out $40 compared to the $170 astars i was looking at. plus i hear they have a no hassle return/exchange on their gear.

Okay well here's the thing, and hear me out! Everything I posted above comes to a total of $400. Yes four hundred dollars! About $600 in savings. If anything, its a good deal for the jacket and pants. But yeah, its their in house brand.

Rode in 19F here on the way back from a camping trip. Not fun at all in jeans and a bomber jacket.

Hottest was 109. Wasn't bad until I got stuck in traffic and couldn't lane split. I was dripping sweat in my helmet.

im in california's central valley and its gets cold'ish here. i found my threshold to be around 45F. but here it gets pretty damn hot during the summers. talking 100-110 pretty regularly.
I used to live in West LA but my wife is from the 909, I know the misery of it. Even here in Maine now I wear textile mesh pants and jackets in the summer, and it's rarely above 88F. I can't imagine sitting in traffic on the 10E in the summer trying to get downtown at rush hour. Of course in LA you'd be lane splitting I suppose.

Dougald

Budget gear isn't the best, but when you're starting out its that or no gear, budget is fine. I'm not actually sure what that is made from, it just says 600 denier 'outer material'. Its probably similar to my old budget hein gericke gear, which was ok.

I have RST Adventure 2 jacket/pants for my textiles, which are very good. They were quite cheap, though probably a little more than what you linked

I'd probably start off with what you posted and upgrade it piecemeal, heck, I started with a bunch of eBay special stuff so you'd be one up on me there

Another few tips that I have found...

Spend a bit more on a helmet as you only have one head. Also get a pair of good waterproof warm gloves and some summer gloves. Then a nice set of waterproof boots. The rest you can start off with the basic gear and upgrade later.

Enjoy the shopping

Where I am in Australia it's been around 30C (86F). I've been wearing Kevlar padded jeans and this jacket which has a removable padded interior and is a heavy canvas type material. With the vents open I've been fine whilst riding but as soon as I hit traffic lights I'm pouring with sweat, makes me happy I bought a modular helmet so I can lift the whole face, helps out a little. Haven't rode in the cold since I lived in the UK and that was a long time ago, back then it was my only way of getting to work so rode no matter what, scary as hell sometimes. On the worst days I'd just layer up with fleeces under my riding gear. Looking forward to a year riding without snow or ice.

OraleeWey

Budget gear isn't the best, but when you're starting out its that or no gear, budget is fine. I'm not actually sure what that is made from, it just says 600 denier 'outer material'. Its probably similar to my old budget hein gericke gear, which was ok.

I have RST Adventure 2 jacket/pants for my textiles, which are very good. They were quite cheap, though probably a little more than what you linked

I'd probably start off with what you posted and upgrade it piecemeal, heck, I started with a bunch of eBay special stuff so you'd be one up on me there
Yeah, sounds good. This is what I plan on doing. But the savings are real! I know that this is how they "get you" but I went to cycle gear and tried them out. They seemed fine, though I'm not an expert. Jacket, overpants, gloves, helmet, $400.

Another few tips that I have found...

Spend a bit more on a helmet as you only have one head. Also get a pair of good waterproof warm gloves and some summer gloves. Then a nice set of waterproof boots. The rest you can start off with the basic gear and upgrade later.

Enjoy the shopping

Yeah absolutely. I plan on getting a good helmet, gloves, and boots. That deal above I mostly want for the overpants and jacket. When I was trying out some helmets, it actually gave me a headache! But I believe my head is round shaped. I found some okay helmets, that fit me, but I didn't particularly like the design. But yeah I will get a good helmet.

Dougald

Yeah, sounds good. This is what I plan on doing. But the savings are real! I know that this is how they "get you" but I went to cycle gear and tried them out. They seemed fine, though I'm not an expert. Jacket, overpants, gloves, helmet, $400.

Sounds good. They will wear out faster, but then you can stash money away and start changing gear out. I think I paid close to $400 for just my RST jacket, so it's a good deal price-wise! For textiles, IMO the best brand is Rukka. But I think it would cost half the value of my street triple to gear myself up in their kit! I have Rukka gloves though and they are excellent.

Yeah absolutely. I plan on getting a good helmet, gloves, and boots. That deal above I mostly want for the overpants and jacket. When I was trying out some helmets, it actually gave me a headache! But I believe my head is round shaped. I found some okay helmets, that fit me, but I didn't particularly like the design. But yeah I will get a good helmet.

For helmets you're mostly paying for comfort or weight over a certain price point. If you have a round head, try an Arai. But be warned, you'll not want to go back to cheaper brands if you do

AGV and HJC make some good lids at affordable prices. Really the most important thing is that it fits properly.

New Tiger Sport:

QEpaMa0.jpg

It looks... meh. Hopefully looks a bit nicer in person at the bike show this weekend. It does have ride by wire, traction control and a slipper clutch though, along with that 1050cc triple. That exhaust looks almost archaic

Sounds good. They will wear out faster, but then you can stash money away and start changing gear out. I think I paid close to $400 for just my RST jacket, so it's a good deal price-wise! For textiles, IMO the best brand is Rukka. But I think it would cost half the value of my street triple to gear myself up in their kit! I have Rukka gloves though and they are excellent.

For helmets you're mostly paying for comfort or weight over a certain price point. If you have a round head, try an Arai. But be warned, you'll not want to go back to cheaper brands if you do

AGV and HJC make some good lids at affordable prices. Really the most important thing is that it fits properly.

New Tiger Sport:

QEpaMa0.jpg

It looks... meh. Hopefully looks a bit nicer in person at the bike show this weekend. It does have ride by wire, traction control and a slipper clutch though, along with that 1050cc triple. That exhaust looks almost archaic

Its got that super engine and it will go head to head with the BMW's XR. I like the single sided swingarm

nico1982

New Tiger Sport:

QEpaMa0.jpg

It definately looks dated. While the new Speed got a modern facelift while retaining its identity, this just looks more of the same.

Dougald

Especially when you consider that the MT-09 Tracer is also a Triple engine, looks very similar, about the same spec, and comes in almost £2k cheaper. I know which I'd have

Bsuu4k2.jpg

Note the fashionable exhaust on the Yamaha too.

The MT-09 does not have the sweet triple sound you get with the Triumph lol. I had a quick look at one last weekend and its nice but to square for my liking. But the MT-07 naked was something that caught my eye.

TAevuE5.jpg

Dougald

I love the MT-07, perfect beginner bike, pity its not a mini-triple. Such good value for money

I took the wifes R1150R out for its first run of 2016 (too cold for her gear still). BMW must install a special centre of gravity on that thing because it's easier to push around than my Street Triple despite being a good 55kg heavier. Nothing makes you feel more like a man than getting off a great big motorcycle and having people notice your wife's Sailor Moon keychain

Damaged

Arai are good for round heads, as are bell actually, sadly both not exactly cheap

I've got a massive head, really liked the Shark Evoline 3 as you can switch between full face or open, but they don't do a big enough version. Ended up getting a cheapish modular that gives me forehead pain after an hour or so. Not sure if I have a round head, I just know that I'm on the last setting on caps and I can't find a sun hat big enough to wear when I'm out doing the mowing.... I could go open face but I really don't like them, if I come off my bike I want to save my looks!
Or what's left of them at 44...

Dougald

I've got a massive head, really liked the Shark Evoline 3 as you can switch between full face or open, but they don't do a big enough version. Ended up getting a cheapish modular that gives me forehead pain after an hour or so. Not sure if I have a round head, I just know that I'm on the last setting on caps and I can't find a sun hat big enough to wear when I'm out doing the mowing.... I could go open face but I really don't like them, if I come off my bike I want to save my looks!
Or what's left of them at 44...

Forehead pain is the reason I can't go back to cheap helmets, haha. I'm going to switch to a modular in a year or two I think, but I'll probably end up with a Shoei Neotech, BMW System 6, or Schuberth C3 Pro (Arai don't do a flip-up helmet on safety grounds). None of which are cheap (or necessarily safer), but damned if they aren't more comfortable

I have tried a Shark and I found the lining a bit uncomfortable, it may be that they aren't really for round-headed people, though I have only tried the Vancore.

I had a very odd inner ear pain last year in one ear that I initially thought was related to lap swimming. Even saw a specialist about it. It eventually stopped in the late fall and hasn't reoccurred, until the other day when I rode my motorcycle again on a warm winter day. Pretty confident something about the helmet is causing pressure on the structure of the ear--time to upgrade from my starter HJC 17...

Top Bottom