• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Certainly, a consolidation of the serious focus on the central part of this series, as that scene with Ringo and Tabuki appeared to me like an end-of-the-line for that 'Project M & obsession story' that has being represented during a big part of the previous episodes. This leaves that story-line as somewhat confusingly handled. The series has, in my opinion, revolved too much time around it, although it fleshed out Ringo's character and accentuated her, recently achieved, sane determination.

jman2050 said:
The ED and the leadin into it was :(
Yes, yes it was... and the throwback to episode 9... the way this, I think, creates a parallel line of those sentimental moments displayed, like a recurring theme, clearly helped to create that shock. Destined and unavoidable penitence.

Defuser said:
Man, I wanted to thank you for making this... pretty good! Some days ago I saw some people wondering in 4Chan's /a/ who was doing this ones... you also posted them there?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Cwarrior said:
Is this screen real? did he really say that?
Yes.
Full disclosure: he was talking to a bunch of little kids. Also, he's known for unilluminating
troll
answers to questions about the meaning of Eva.
Not that I think there's much to the Christian iconography in the show.

fThfc.jpg

What you like EVA?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Krev said:
Yes.
Full disclosure: he was talking to a bunch of little kids. Also, he's known for unilluminating
troll
By much you mean nothing. You could have replaced the Christian imagery with Ghostbusters references and it would have still made no sense.

zeroshiki

Shakugan no Shana III Final - 01

I'm actually surprised that I enjoyed this episode. Shana Season 2 had gotten formulaic to the point of absurdity and I was ready to shit on Shana III as being more of the same. They actually took the setting in an interesting direction and I'm kinda interested in how they'll do it. They will most likely drop the ball and this will turn into wacky harem hijinks by, like, episode 3 but if I'm judging it by itself, this episode has reignited some interest in the franchise for me. At the very least, I can say this is something the Index franchise (to name another JC Staff show) would never do.

Lots and lots of callbacks to the previous season however, so to new viewers: tough shit.

Oh yeah, cool OP and ED

OP song spoiler
Its by supecell and sung by Kotoko. Guilty Crown am cry.

Cwarrior

Krev said:
Yes.
troll

Am just surprised he admitted it, the smart thing to do would have been just smirk and avoided the question with another question.

By answering the question he shattered fanboy’s delusion that eva is Sooooo Deep.

Mawaru Penguindrum 11:
Well, it seems like some answers are starting to come forward in terms of what the hell is going on with everyone. This episode really packed a lot of different things into the episode, but it managed to work really well. There was further development between the characters and their relationships, some great comedy and opera, and some nice and creepy atmospheric scenes. The ending promises a lot of stuff happening in the next episode.

Cwarrior said:
Am just surprised he admitted it, the smart thing to do would have been just smirk and avoided the question with another question.

for the otaku market it is not very important if the story is really deep or just blabla.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Cwarrior said:

By answering the question he shattered fanboy’s delusion that eva is Sooooo Deep.
Honestly, I think Eva is deep, as far as anime is concerned. The religious references have nothing to do with that though.
But I don't want to get further into this, because as I type these words I can feel a potential shitstorm brewing.

Krev said:
Honestly, I think Eva is deep, as far as anime is concerned. The religious references have nothing to do with that though.
But I don't want to get further into this, because as I type these words I can feel a potential shitstorm brewing.

canofworms.jpg

Hopefully i can get some anime episodes in this weekend.

All My Friends Are Dead 1

This is what Haruhi would be if SOS Brigade was about friendship instead of all that other stuff. Much more entertaining so far too. I also like the OP a lot.

Risette

A Good Citizen
duckroll said:
Wow, that's pretty badass. Hopefully it looks amazing in HD. The HD remastered DVDs already looked awesome.
To clarify on 16mm vs 35mm, the majority of anime series shot film are indeed 16mm. However, there are quite a few of them shot on 35mm too. In fact, quite a few of the upcoming catalog BD box releases are 35mm! Escaflowne, Heidi, Conan, Nadia, and the last 2 (or 3) Gunbuster (yeah its an OVA blabla) are all 35mm.

trejo

Cwarrior said:

I find it cute that you think Anno gives a fuck about the fans.

jman2050 said:
Erio > Meme > Ryuushii > cosplay > not!Index
Dude, no. It's Meme >>>>>>>>>>>>> all them other bitches.

Manyuu Hikenchou 12

That was really cool. Chifusa managed to finally use Chichi Nagare, and she did that shit barehanded! Overall, there's still more to the story, but of course we're out of episodes. I'll have to track down the manga I guess. I'm going to miss this show, it was fun.

Fate 1

Fuck Zouken.

I was way more excited for this while I was watching this than I thought I'd be. Bring on the fun!

cajunator

Banned
I was able to watch a bit more of Squid girl using my Ps3.
It seems to work even with badly scratched discs.
I really am gonna die of a cute-attack from this show. Squidding hell.

cajunator

Banned
Subs.
I like all the de-geso stuff.
Though this show is cute either way.
The character designs remind me of Potemayo. I wonder if anybody from that show worked on this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Squid Girl S1 01-08:

The show is alright, I can sea why people enjoy it. It really is a cute show.

Ika Musume is so squidding adorable though. Definitely the main reason I'm watching this show, she really is somefin else.

Articalys

And with a crushing Puella Magi victory, round 2 comes to a close.
G4
1st 481 Kyouko Sakura @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 169 Charlotte E. Yeager @ Strike Witches
3rd 58 Tsumugi Toudou @ Hoshizora E Kakaru Hashi

H4
1st 390 Kuroneko @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
2nd 237 Kuroko Shirai @ A Certain Magical Index
3rd 101 Perinne H. Clostermann @ Strike Witches
The series to beat right now is Madoka Magica, with four contestants left in the running. Tied for second place are Index, Milky Holmes, Strike Witches, and The World God Only Knows, with three apiece.

Today is another day off, then on Saturday round 3 gets rolling and the tournament finally heats up with the beginning of the 1v1 matches.

Geneijin

scy said:
I think that I'll be enjoying Horizon vicariously through Geneijin's posts on it rather than trying to watch it myself. Seems faster.

At the very least, understanding it through those posts...
I would suggest checking out Episode 2 at least.

trejo

Im@s 14

You know, if this thing's gonna have a plot now then I'm calling it quits. I just want more fun and silly episodes like 8 not this boring idol drama shit.

One Piece 496

Nice to see the shittyness of the nobles fleshed out further. This reminded me how much I want to see more former nobles that were able to break away from the lifestyle and become pirates.

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2 ep 1
tumblr_lspw0gtFkB1qhbz1po1_500.gif

Well the ending theme and the scenes they chose were nice. The opening had Yuu, so he isnt totally forgotten. Overall it was a good episode, Ritsu is still cool, especially when he is panicking, and the entire scene at Takano's, best moment IMO in the whole anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom