• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Krev said:
Problem is that
the people
who
do something to
the show felt like showing off their perceived cleverness with a /b/ grade line that killed the mood of the scene.

Yeah, he was being a troll, whatever. No excuse for memes and a line that wasn't even in English.

Yes, I mad.
Punishment is only fitting when it's the most unjust or something.

faridmon said:
ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!!!!

HYYYYYYYYYYPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Inkvasion time?

vC0UB.jpg

faridmon

duckroll said:
Maybe you should pay attention more.
Maybe I should. I was thinking all along it was the 10th of October. Never the less, at least, its not a stupid advert. 3D movie makes me raise an eyebrow. Well atleast 009 cyborg is not dead...

Piss off Kamiyama

gunbo13

I've been reading too much manga lately. So behind.

Here is what is on my radar from a quick list check, confirmed watches are crossed-out.

Chihayafuru (totally my style)
Fate/Zero (duh)
Ika2 (geso)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I read the manga)
Shakugan no Shana III (Final) (have to, seen all the other Shana)
Guilty Crown (probably watch at comic-con on Friday)
Working!! (I enjoyed the first season)
C3
Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls!
Maken-ki!
Mashiro-iro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
Persona 4 The Animation

Of the 5 left, any mistakes or anything missing? I'm tired of sampling shit shows. You don't have to mention continuing series like Penguin. I'm only looking at new additions.

EDIT:
Dating sim adaptations...some/all must go.

Mawaru Penguindrum 12:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That was quite the episode.
Poor Himari. The whole way the episode was put together, with the flashbacks and the story Shoma was telling while Kanba was trying to save the day with his dick all worked together really well and made the episode stand out. Definitely one of the weirder 'death episodes' that I've ever seen.

One more episode to be caught up.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Remember, your opinions are wrong unless you agree with the mob!
It's just like the Tea Party in here!

I think the important thing to note is that:

me = right
you = wrong

Follow this basic rule and your time in AnimeGaf will be roses and umm... penguins.

zeroshiki

Shouta said:
Escaflowne was so damn pretty, I'm definitely gonna catch it every Saturday again to relive a bit of my high school years. It's just so damn beautiful. Art, design, animation, goddamn!

What channel is it on?

duckroll

gunbo13 said:

Here is what is on my radar from a quick list check, confirmed watches are crossed-out.

Fate/Zero (duh)
Ika2 (geso)
C3
Maken-ki!
Persona 4 The Animation

Of the 5 left, any mistakes or anything missing? I'm tired of sampling shit shows. You don't have to mention continuing series like Penguin. I'm only looking at new additions.

EDIT:
Dating sim adaptations...some/all must go.

Un-Go? Last Exile 2?

Instro

gunbo13 said:

Fate/Zero (duh)
Ika2 (geso)
C3
Maken-ki!
Persona 4 The Animation

Tamayura, and Phi Brain. Both first episodes were enjoyable, particularly Tamayura(at least for me anyway), and are at least worth your time to check out. Un-Go may be worth watching as well.

cajunator said:
So wait, Fate Zero is actually good?
I thought you guys hated Fate/Stay night whatever.
Personally I loved the first series.

Most people hated the first episode of fate/zero, but there were a few like duckroll and myself that enjoyed it. FSN is another matter, while I thought it was average, I dont think many people here liked it. I'm certainly finding Fate/Zero to be more compelling.

Instro said:
Most people hated the first episode of fate/zero, but there were a few like duckroll and myself that enjoyed it. FSN is another matter, while I thought it was average, I dont think many people here liked it. I'm certainly finding Fate/Zero to be more compelling.

Kill that fucking MC permanently and it would have been a better show.

I hate that fucking dumbass.

cajunator

Banned
duckroll said:
Let's be clear here. Everyone hates Fate/Stay Night. That has not changed!
Except me of course,, though it has a LOT to do with Saber and how fucking awesome she was. Well it has a little to do with Rin's zettai ryouiki too.

gunbo13

duckroll said:
Un-Go? Last Exile 2?
Ah yea, the noitamin. I'll add, thanks.

Last Exile...IDK. I am a huge fan of the original but no Claus/Lavie seems blasphemous.
Instro said:
Tamayura, and Phi Brain. Both first episodes were enjoyable, particularly Tamayura(at least for me anyway), and are at least worth your time to check out. Un-Go may be worth watching as well.
Too many shows! I demand that at least 6 be shutdown immediately.

-I have to hear more about Tamayura. It appears aimless from the description defaulting to daily life. I can handle shows more like Ikoku or Iroha since they have plot-lines no matter how throw-away they are.

-I just can only handle so much shounen with regard to Phi Brain. It probably has to do with following a shit-ton of shounen manga. I can handle like a small group with the anime but no much more. I'll follow the write-ups here though and maybe it will knock a shounen off the list.

Instro said:
Yeah he was pretty awful.

the most grating thing was the sound he made when he seemed angry because no one gives a shit about his stupid opinion.

cajunator said:
Except me of course,, though it has a LOT to do with Saber and how fucking awesome she was. Well it has a little to do with Rin's zettai ryouiki too.

Now imagine if she wasn't held back by that dumbass.

should have made Rin summon her like originally planned

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
the most grating thing was he sound he made when he seemed angry because no one gives a shit about his stupid opinion.

That would have been awesome/hot as fuck.

Wasn't that the show where some dumb translator put "People die if they are killed"?

cajunator said:

I enjoyed Fate/Stay Night in spite of its flaws, mostly because of Rin. Still, based on the first episode, Zero looks like it should be a much better show.

gunbo13

Infinite Justice said:

Rin x Saber
magical circuit exchange?
Would burn into retinas.

Shiro is one of the worst protagonists ever.
Who the hell jumps in front of Saber against Hercules? If I was him I'd let the girl fight. She's a super saiyan and Shiro is a namek peasant. Go to the corner and trace.

cajunator said:
That would have been awesome/hot as fuck.

Wasn't that the show where some dumb translator put "People die if they are killed"?

Yea its that show.

Is it what was actually said, i'm not sure but i wouldn't be surprised if he actually said something that stupid.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I enjoyed Fate/Stay Night in spite of its flaws, mostly because of Rin. Still, based on the first episode, Zero looks like it should be a much better show.

I said this before the first ep aired that it should be better automatically since the MC does'nt matter here. But we shall see if something else messes it up.

gunbo13 said:
Rin x Saber
magical circuit exchange?
Would burn into retinas.

Indeed but it would be so good :p

Shiro is one of the worst protagonists ever.
Who the hell jumps in front of Saber against Hercules? If I was him I'd let the girl fight. She's a super saiyan and Shiro is a namek peasant. Go to the corner and trace shit you idiot.

And the worse thing he doesn't have a good reason to.

If she was really weak i could understand but his reasons was because she was a girl and this whole fight is wrong in his opinion (though this could be debated as a decent reason).

Infinite Justice said:

If she was really weak i could understand but his reasons was because she was a girl and this whole fight is wrong in his opinion.

Yeah, it was simply a baffling moment of stupidity by him. Shiro's ridiculous 'women should be protected because they're dainty flowers' stance was the most frustrating element of watching that show.

gunbo13

Infinite Justice said:
Indeed but it would be so good :p
Yea, I meant that in a good way. More like a yuri
magic exchange...
I'm fine with that.
Infinite Justice said:

If she was really weak i could understand but his reasons was because she was a girl and this whole fight is wrong in his opinion.
That's what drives me crazy about FSN.
Shiro has the worst protection complex in anime. Yet, he is weak and absolutely stupid to boot. I get sacrifice to save someone. That doesn't work here because why does Shiro getting slaughtered save anyone? I also get using your power to save someone. Shiro though is only a slab of meat who can make weapons on the BACK-LINE.

cajunator

Banned
Lain said:
That is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Saber > Rin > Sakura.
This is correct.
Sakura was just...there.
She just kind of existed. And had purple hair.

Also, I didn't photograph it when I posted pics of the house, but a wallscroll of Saber is elegantly covering up a very large hole in the wall where my roommate passed out drunk one night. Saber is an incredibly useful girl.

Lain

Infinite Justice said:

If she was really weak i could understand but his reasons was because she was a girl and this whole fight is wrong in his opinion (though this could be debated as a decent reason).
He does stupid things but I felt Shiro had a good reason to act as he did. The whole wanting to be a hero (like his father) and protecting people. Better for him to get hurt and suffer than for others to, especially if it is happening in front of his eyes.

cajunator

Banned
Shiro was just a doormat White Knight. He couldn't help it.
I used to be the same way but then I realized that I was getting my ass kicked for no particularly good reason.

Lain said:
He does stupid things but I felt Shiro had a good reason to act as he did. The whole wanting to be a hero (like his father) and protecting people. Better for him to get hurt and suffer than for others to, especially if it is happening in front of his eyes.

and It started with a hentai game and now it has a very complicated and deep story.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
PdotMichael said:
and It started with a hentai game and now it has a very complicated and deep story.
I really wouldn't think it qualifies for H-game status when about 2% of it's content is actual hentai. I think something like Do You Like Horny Bunnies? is more fitting with that label.

gunbo13

Lain said:
That's not really a "good" reason though. It's a deranged one.
Protection complexes are everywhere in manga/anime but they don't delve into complete nonsense all the time like Shiro. The person he is "saving" is basically a battle god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom