• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dresden said:
She's a squid, they should be eating her.

She should easily be able to lift a dog over her head and throw it out of a yard with her tentacles. She lifts up and throws people all the time. The writers are probably just out of ideas. It's too bad.

NewFresh

cajunator said:
entering dangerous territory now...
Dangerously delicious!

2341735403_1d16596193.jpg

jman2050

Trent Strong said:
She should easily be able to lift a dog over her head and throw it out of a yard with her tentacles. She lifts up and throws people all the time. The writers are probably just out of ideas. It's too bad.

Oh noes, my gag comedy animu lacks perfect logical consistency. I am aghast.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ezalc said:
Hunter x Hunter original END

Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen HxH

Well I didn't watch the OVAs yet, but I have to say that was pretty awesome and not awesome at the same time. It boggles my mind how this has been running for how long has it been now? Since the 90s(the manga that is)? and there are only like what four arcs in it? Good lord. It also bothers me how Gon who's supposed to be the main character is basically one of the weaker members of the group. Another thing that irritates me is how Leorio is used for nothing more than comedic relief. I realize that in every shounen there's a typical ladder of power in the good guys' team but what the fuck man with Leorio it just completely drops off. It just makes me wish for a shounen that has at least some kind of balance. For all that happened it was interesting if disappointing that Gon literally went almost nowhere meanwhile Kurapica is up off kililng people with basically fully mastered abilities and shit.
Togashi, the author, is either lazy, sick, or playing Dragon Quest. He also doesn't give a fuck and Jump had to change their whole culture to appease him. The York Shin Arc was mostly about Kurapica. Gon and Killua are up and front during Greed Island (The next arc after York Shin).

zeroshiki

They should really move his lazy ass to Jump SQ. I remember how hyped people got when HxH was "re-started" which lasted all of a few weeks.

Jump SQ would be annoying, but it did help Hoshino, so I guess it wouldn't be terrible. Still would take forever for the series to finish.

Kemeko DX 5

Apparently Ghost, Saving Private Ryan and Titanic are all the same movie.

zeroshiki

cosmicblizzard said:
Jump SQ would be annoying, but it did help Hoshino, so I guess it wouldn't be terrible. Still would take forever for the series to finish.

Jump SQ would be better than it never coming out. At least this takes some pressure off of him.

Trent Strong said:

Yeah they really lost the plot with this one. It might as well be Prison Break at this point.

zeroshiki said:
Jump SQ would be better than it never coming out. At least this takes some pressure off of him.

I know, I just can't stand when long-running battle series are monthly. It's better for shorter series and not 300+ chapter stuff.

zeroshiki

cosmicblizzard said:
I know, I just can't stand when long-running battle series are monthly. It's better for shorter series and not 300+ chapter stuff.

Well in the case of HxH, once a month (couple of months?) is preferrable to 0 times a week so we'll take whatever scraps we can.

I've long since given up on HxH though so it really doesn't matter to me.

Speaking of HxH, Sir Ilpalazzo in the manga thread found something on Something Awful about it. Don't know if it's true or not.

A reliable source in the anime industry informs me: "I met this guy working at Madhouse, and he was complaining about how Togashi (the HxH manga author) wanted the anime as a secure source of income. The Madhouse guy didn't seem to think it'd succeed though, since the entire thing is slated for only 36 episodes or so, and there's no way to animate the Chimera Ant arc. He also mentioned that the manga would be stopping again in December."
So yeah, don't get your hopes up.

Let's hope this is either false or the anime does so well that it gets extended like what happened with Fairy Tail. Of course the manga stopping in December probably wouldn't help the anime :/

Jex

Branduil said:
Let's be honest, can bad art in anime ever really be surprising?
No no, I mean, really awful.
firehawk12 said:
I would almost say that is an understatement.
This guy knows what he's talking about.
icarus-daedelus said:
I still can't get over the idea of a tv show about anthropomorphic soda cans.
Which are at war. That's the important part.

One Piece 514

And this is why Franky is the best character.

Just noticed the flashbacks from earlier episodes were redone with the new digital age art style. Interesting they would do that.

Toriko 27

Damn, can all the Gourmet Corp summon high level animals? nearly 40 still isn't as high as that ridiculous flying whatever the hell it was at level 70 the straw dude summoned, but this pink haired guy probably has something just as powerful. Though I guess capture level doesn't necessarily correlate with strength, but it does give us some idea of how much of a threat they'll be.

BluWacky

zeroshiki said:
Let's talk about how IT IS UN-GO THURSDAY!!

Yes, let's!

un-go.jpg

Keep the faith, Mizushima/Aikawa/BONES fans. Even if the preview clips look a little dull.

(of course Guilty Crown and PingDrum are also today but still.)

/XX/

Now is when the season gets interesting...

Trent Strong said:
Squid Girl has lost it's edge in season 2. The Squid Girl is just too nice now. She used to be selfish and cocky and quick to anger. So far this season she just goes around being nice and doing nice things for people. What the hell? And she shouldn't be able to be beat up by a dog, she has super powers.
I don't want to judge the entire new series based only on the few episodes already aired but, for the moment, I think in part like you.

Not for the exact same reasons you have listed, but it is true (for me) that, although sometimes topical or used heavily in the genre, the situations has lost part of its perspicacious nature, and the crazy dynamism between the characters (now less layered, plainly presented) was more enjoyable. I'd say that the previous season seemed... inspired, in general.

Geneijin

Fate/Zero - 2

So the murderer became a participant in the Holy Grail War huh? Nice foreshadowing I suppose as I grew suspicious why the news was talking about a murderer in Episode 1.

BluWacky

zeroshiki said:
Do you know what was the last BONES noitamina show? No.6

(don't ban me, please)

Do you know what was the last Production IG anime? Blood-C. GUILTY CROWN HYPE!

(let's ignore Usagi Drop for the sake of a ridiculous argument!)

No. 6 wasn't hideously awful, just boring. Like Towa no Quon. And Gosick. And... :(

Besides, I genuinely liked Blood-C. So my own argument is collapsing around me.

Blader

zeroshiki said:
00 was good for the first 10 or so episodes. Luckily Un-Go will be over after 11 so he might eke it out.

What? Even if you hate S2 and the movie, 00's strongest run is in the last half of the first season. Fact.

edit - and Un-Go is only 11 episodes long?

Steroyd

Woot it's animu thursday*

*timezones may vary.

Blader5489 said:
edit - and Un-Go is only 11 episodes long?

I'm assuming it's a Noitama show, because Noitama shows are always(?) 11 episodes long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom