• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
EmmanuelMunoz said:
I think we all do ;)

I am embarrassed to say no. I made it to episode 5 but need some free time to catch up. I may DrForester this one, as Hitokage puts it

Hey, PSGM is really freaking slow at first. Give me a break.

Steroyd

Hunter x Hunter (old) - 23

Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit Hisoka Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit!

Why did I put this off!? Stupid HxH reboot announcement. Hisoka is one awesomely twisted bastard that successfully creeps me the fuck out, and in a good way.

zeroshiki

Blader5489 said:
What? Even if you hate S2 and the movie, 00's strongest run is in the last half of the first season. Fact.

edit - and Un-Go is only 11 episodes long?

The story went to shit when the Thrones came out. So whenever that happened.

zeroshiki

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4584.html

Kokoro Connect finally confirmed as the next KyoAni work!

Its by the K-On artist (I think?). It's a popular light novel series about a bunch of kids who are members of the Literature research club.

1_20110218150732-1.jpg

Cwarrior

cosmicblizzard said:
One Piece 514

And this is why Franky is the best character.

Just noticed the flashbacks from earlier episodes were redone with the new digital age art style. Interesting they would do that.

I found that strange how they put the effort in to reanimate that in hd, they could of just used old footage but it’s nice seeing it redone.

Now why couldn't dbz kai have the same effort put in?

cosmicblizzard said:
Speaking of HxH, Sir Ilpalazzo in the manga thread found something on Something Awful about it. Don't know if it's true or not.

Let's hope this is either false or the anime does so well that it gets extended like what happened with Fairy Tail. Of course the manga stopping in December probably wouldn't help the anime :/

*sharpens pitch forks*

Ezalc

Cwarrior said:
Most of your complaints are "why isn't this like those other generic shouenens shows, why does it do its own thing and not follow the shounen for dummies guide lines".

- gon is not the weaker member of the group, he can hold his own, kuripika power is only most powerful when dealing with spider clan cause of the contract he made, thank god gon is not overpowerd from the get go like most main leads.

-Deal with it, kurpica is the central character in the spider clan arc cause of his personal past with them, you can't have gon hug every arc his already had a lot focus with the others arcs and gets more later on.

I can see what you mean but it still bothers me. In the York Shin City arc Gon is the second weakest, the difference between him and Killua isn't that much but he'd still lose to him in a fight. As for the second point I suppose you're right, but I'm still mad about the fact that Leorio gets no love. Fuck in Yu Yu Hakusho the characters had an order of power but at least all the main dudes could do something. Leorio is just there being pointless.

scy

firehawk12 said:
Mayo Chiki BokuTomo Thursdays?

dat Meat?

Thursday is everything day! :/ Spread these out so I can actually watch them all, damn it...

zeroshiki said:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/shikiroa/1_20110218150732-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

bottom left future KyoAni waifu?

NeonZ

PdotMichael said:
Working!! - 5

uFb29.jpg

I guess, I need a new Squid Girl replacement...

What is just wrong with me?

Eh, if you liked Squid Girl, you could just try Keroro Gunso/Sgt. Frog.

796.1220653855.jpg

Squid Girl's premise was basically ripped straight out of it, only making the invader a human-like girl and moving the setting to the beach. Even the dynamics of the three family members and the invader are rather similar.

Keroro has a much larger cast though and often introduces more "out there" elements (more invaders, ghosts, ninjas, space police, etc) than Ika.

NeonZ

zeroshiki said:
It's a popular light novel series about a bunch of kids who are members of the Literature research club.

You kind of forgot the series' main twist- random body switches all the time.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Crunchyroll have added UN-GO to their lineup. Looks like that is the last announcemnet.

UN-GO and Majikoi Oh! are the only titles not available in UK/AUS. AoD has two titles left to announce, UN-GO has already been anounced, I wouldn't be surprised if Majikoi Oh! was one of the others.

Saiyar said:
Crunchyroll have added UN-GO to their lineup. Looks like that is the last announcemnet.

UN-GO and Majikoi Oh! are the only titles not available in UK/AUS. AoD has two titles left to announce, UN-GO has already been anounced, I wouldn't be surprised if Majikoi Oh! was one of the others.

They gave no one any advance preparation announcing it litrally what is this two hours before airing? Tempted to give an episode of Un-go a try but the pointy faces.

Calcaneus

Blader5489 said:
What? Even if you hate S2 and the movie, 00's strongest run is in the last half of the first season. Fact.

edit - and Un-Go is only 11 episodes long?
Man the last episode of that first season was so awesome. i gotta rewatch it.

scy

Infinite Justice said:
Isn't Guilty Crown the one with the best shot of saving anime? :p

Interesting....

After Horizon/Persona 4's failure, Guilty Crown is here to save us all!
oh god the wreckage will be grand

zeroshiki

Un-Go - 01

This was really boring. I hope it improves because it airs before Guilty Crown and I don't want to have to sit through this 10 more times.

Its Star Driver crossed with Gosick.

After Horizon/Persona 4's failure, Guilty Crown is here to save us all!
oh god the wreckage will be grand

Should be interesting

zeroshiki said:
Un-Go - 01

This was really boring. I hope it improves because it airs before Guilty Crown and I don't want to have to sit through this 10 more times.

Its Star Driver crossed with Gosick.

:|

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
What happened to bones man.

Were they all replaced by aliens so they can now only produce crap? Now just derivations of their prior crap, even?

I don't know why I bother getting my hopes up anymore, as it's been so long since they've done anything worthwhile. :/

The PV that aired after the episode looked kinda cool. If they did something like that, it would be great. What we got was ehh...

xero273

zeroshiki said:
Guilty Crown - 01

OMGOMGOMOGMOMG

ANIME SAVED!

That was some Code Geass Episode 1 level of badassness.

You are doing this to disappoint me, aren't you?

turning down hype level just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom