• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Jexhius said:
You really don't need to see the second season, they just copy and paste the first season again, but they manage to degrade it in the transfer.
Yeah but it all comes in one complete boxset, so might as well.
At least mine did (thinpack)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Instro said:
Perfect, I'm looking forward to ep 2 then.
It's great!

zeroshiki said:
Not everything needs to be a treatise on society's ills!
Never said it had to be!

I should have taken a bet that you wouldn't like it. Not sure who would have taken me up on it but I would have won!
1:1 odds on that bet, I'm sure. I think if this aired before Fractale, I'd probably be a little more forgiving. I'm just sort of tired of the "boy caught up in a dystopian world and is thrust into a conspiracy by a girl/boy falling into his lap" thing. It's become a noitaminA staple!

Stop listening to Lafiel's suggestions -_-
When every single TV reviewer is devoting hour long podcasts to the finale, I feel obligated. :p

Listen to me, watch brain melting dorama.
But what's worth watching this season on dem Asian TeeVees? I never did finish Ouran, hah.

Jexhius said:
You really don't need to see the second season, they just copy and paste the first season again, but they manage to degrade it in the transfer.
That seems rather unfortunate. I guess there's only so far you can go with an "idol" story though.

cajunator said:
Yeah but it all comes in one complete boxset, so might as well.
At least mine did (thinpack)
It's more time than anything else.

Articalys

Boku wa Tomodachi 2

They all really are terrible people. Well, except Kodaka; he just suffers from a case of forced anime misunderstandings from being a delinquent look-a-like.
They'd probably have a fun time playing Renegade in Mass Effect, at least.
Does the real Monster Hunter actually have friendly fire damage in multiplayer?

I did end up reading ahead in the manga adaptation a bit and don't really see much salvageable except for one plot point that's probably going to be underutilized, and will probably get brought up next episode. Will watch it for that then this sucker will be dropped.

cajunator

Banned
I know what you mean.
I have huge backlogs of games and anime already, and MORE just came in.
Several anime boxsets, and on the gaming side the ICO/SOTC collection and Catherine for Ps3. I almost think I enjoy collecting shit more than actually being entertained by it.
I'm probably not alone in that regard either.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
I
But what's worth watching this season on dem Asian TeeVees? I never did finish Ouran, hah.

Nazo toki wa dinner no atode looks awesome. It translates to umm... "Mystery solving comes after dinner" and is about this ojousama who wants to be a detective and is always bailed out by her butler.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
That seems rather unfortunate. I guess there's only so far you can go with an "idol" story though.
It's actually more of a shoujo...well it's more of a sports shoujo.

trejo

Bokutomo 2

There is simply not a lot of fun to be had here. Dat Meat can only go so far and it's the only thing keeping me interested. Barely.

Giving it one more episode.

Mizu no Kotoba

Between the cafe design and the Three Laws of Robotics, this feels like a warmup for Time of Eve. The camera work, and how the conversations are weaved in and out of each other is similar too. Art's not so good, and it doesn't really come together at the end. A couple interesting thoughts about language though.

Sket Dance 28

Nice to see cookdouche get some development. Glad the student council isn't being taken as a whole and the individual members are getting their own episodes.

Still can't see Switch as a comedic character anymore. I can't imagine what Bossun and Himeko's backstory will do to my perception of the whole trio. I'm kind of worried actually. Might not be able to laugh at their antics ever again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
Also. Kaleido Star is cute, but Jex is sadly right about season 2. :(
Jexhius said:
It's actually more of a shoujo...well it's more of a sports shoujo.
Hey! Aim for the Ace style then?

icarus-daedelus said:
He...he does? Actual haters?

Should I break their kneecaps?
Please!
I mean...people pulling their powers out of a partner. I feel like this is becoming a thing.
Ah, yes. That's also pretty zzz. It's just almost always heterosexual and always the man doing the pulling. I suppose Dantalian messed with it a bit by making the girl a loli.
It's good to hear about Tamayura. I guess I didn't register in my head that it was actually directed be Satojun hisself or I would have been looking forward to it.
7th says he's Shinbo'ing it, but I like to believe that he's Shinbo'ing Phi Brain instead. :p
Also, Yoshida's on it, and she mostly has a golden touch!

zeroshiki said:
Nazo toki wa dinner no atode looks awesome. It translates to umm... "Mystery solving comes after dinner" and is about this ojousama who wants to be a detective and is always bailed out by her butler.
Sounds like an anime. :lol:

Articalys

Guilty Crown 1

I love everything about this show so far. Cannot wait for the next episode.

Also, lol at Shu viewing some YouTube variant on his futuristic handheld computer or whatever.

sonicmj1

Persona 4 02

I wanted to believe in this show. I don't think I can. That makes me beary sad.

Chie is all that keeps it bearable.

Ben-to 01

Right now, it's striking a good balance of stupid/ridiculous and slightly self-aware. I doubt it'll be able to sustain it, but I'll stick around for a few more episodes.

Guilty Crown 01

Well, the plot setup is practically identical to Code Geass. Except, with the subtraction of Clamp and the fabulous royalty-infused alternate history, it feels a little more like it's supposed to be a part of our time. That, along with some of the background, makes the parallels with the post-war occupation of Japan clearer than whatever connections could be drawn in Code Geass. Of course, considering the occupiers (like Britannia before them) decide to open the series with indiscriminate, wholly unnecessary violence against civilians, I won't be expecting a nuanced analysis.

At the moment, it's got the right amount of bombast and flash to keep me interested. Anything can happen at this point. Let's see where it goes.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Hey! Aim for the Ace style then?
Except she's often competing against herself through training...but they don't drag anything out. It's usually one episode and done.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
trejo said:
Aaaand now I have the theme song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.
Haha, yeah.

Jexhius said:
Except she's often competing against herself through training...but they don't drag anything out. It's usually one episode and done.
That also sounds like Aim for the Ace. I'm also assuming the lead girl hates her and then comes to encourage her by the end?

Cwarrior

Un-go

Not sure what this show wants to be? Can’t be a mystery detective show when it broke that element in two with its overpowered convenient magic and solving shit before it ever becomes a mystery.The main lead detective work aren’t the least bit impressive when his surrounded by morons
(like that dectevice daughter girl who wants to bang him)
the ed was nice at least.

Guilty Crown

Having only watched code gease ep1 last night which was really darn cliché already, now I feel like am watching the same thing once again, I didn’t have high hopes for the story but I was at least hoping it would be more then “annoying generic whiny lead meets cliché mysterious girl who gives him powers”.
Hilariously bad cg, music and pathetic main lead who curls up into a ball to cry about how pathetic he is existence is.

Jex

Guilty Crown 1

This is no Code Geass. At least in Code Geass the main characters power had interesting story and character implications, this just looks like a big sword.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
Guilty Crown 1

This is no Code Geass. At least in Code Geass the main characters power had interesting story and character implications, this just looks like a big sword.

that he digs out from a girl's chest!

Let's not forget this important point.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Guilty Crown 1

I had pretty low expectations for a lot of shows this season so it's amazing how they're not even surpassing these already low bars. I expected Guilty Crown to have bad writing. I didn't expect it to be so dull.

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
Jexhius will be first at the table of the crow feast in a week or two!

You could say its gonna be A Feast For Crows

Hellsing321 said:
I'm I supposed to be impressed that the script writer has seen Utena?

No but his power is literally called the Power(Ability) of Kings.

You know what C.C. calls the Geass?

zeroshiki said:
You could say its gonna be A Feast For Crows

No but his power is literally called the Power(Ability) of Kings.

You know what C.C. calls the Geass?
I honestly can't remember much of Geass beyond the memes it generated.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
that he digs out from a girl's chest!

Let's not forget this important point.
Okay, so they borrowed that element from Utena, like they borrowed every other element of the show. You can borrow lots of elements from other works and still make a good show, lets see if they do that here.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Okay, so they borrowed that element from Utena, like they borrowed every other element of the show. You can borrow lots of elements from other works and still make a good show, lets see if they do that here.
Well unfortunately they also borrow lots of stuff from bad shows, like lame protagonists and contrived scenarios.

Horizon 2

y99mP.gif

I'm out. Nothing about this show is appealing in any way shape or form. Its endless exposition about shit I don't care about from characters who look awful in a world that makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom