• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Regulus Tera said:
It's not that I don't get all of this backstory, it's that whoever is making this crap hasn't given me a reason to care about all of this backstory. The characters are walking encyclopaedias and there's always time to stop and lecture me on how war between countries is bad and shit. Masazumi or whatever talking about how her life sucks shit™ didn't move me, it annoyed me. She hasn't been on the screen for five minutes and she's already pontificating on the injustices of war on innocent civilians.

Maybe I'm just whiny today.

I'm really not totally digging it much either, despite my ability to words on demand for it. It's just interested the part of me that wants to figure it out so I latched onto it. Hopefully something happens by the time I grasp things so I want to continue watching it. Currently, threads are laid around that hopefully should spring into action soon, otherwise Encyclopedia Horizon will just be throwing words around for the sake of words and (fake) history lessons. I feel like it's getting ready to quiz me before it can show me the payoff.

The first episode had some interesting action and the second seems to just be expanding on the lol credit info dump; if episode 3 isn't doing something, I won't really blame anyone for dropping it (if not already) due to it being much ado about nothing in 20,000 words and breasts.

Though, Masazumi's story at least made me feel bad for her. And then wonder if backstory dump was a death flag.

And everyone has me worried about Guilty Crown. Can we get back to pro-hype so it can dash me against the rocks itself?!

I believe in Ayase Shinomiya!

Wy27m.jpg

She will bring us peace and unity and moe.

scy

Regulus Tera said:
Forget Guilty Crown, C^3 is the show of the season.

I'll say that C^3 went from "lol why would I even watch that?" to "...holy fuck." Easily the show I'm looking forward to most of this current season. Which either says a lot about C^3 or a lot about this season.

...probably a combination of both.

trejo

I'm really interested in seeing where C3 goes next episode after this week's little twist but after that I don't really know.

trejo

Persona 4: the Animation episode numero dos

Yeah, turns out this is a pretty lame by-the-numbers adaptation after all but oh my lawd dat Chie.

I'm also wondering if Charlie is gonna be stuck with Izanagi for the duration of the show. I hope not because I wanna see him fuse Mara at some point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
trejo said:
I'm really interested in seeing where C3 goes next episode after this week's little twist but after that I don't really know.

Cats out of the bag and the parlor trick has been exposed. I have my doubts this show backs it up after last week but at least I'll be looking forward to it.

MajiKoi 1

What the hell? This episode was CRAZY. It was Horizon levels of infodump (mainly just introducing seemingly all 300 characters this show has in less than 20 minutes) but it was ALL Action all the time. Like Dog Days without the creepy furry stuff going on. I'm not sure what the hell I watched, there was so much going on, and it wasn't particularly good either. But gratuitous amounts of fanservice and ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION all over the place. Intrigued enough to check out the next episode.

Cwarrior

Chihayafuru ep2

Good episode,they really do a good job of making a boring game like kaurta interesting, also really nice looking.

Negator

Regulus Tera said:
Forget Guilty Crown, C^3 is the show of the season.

OMGDSJGLS:Jgk;gjskf;djsfkds

C^3 came out of nowhere and just slapped Guilty Crown's shit

So now the current count of shows I'm watching has jumped to 13.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
The dirty liar.

I think he noticed you called it Good and didn't notice that adding Un means the negative of it.

Considering he said parts of the episode were good, which is more positive than anything Branduil has said about a BONES show in the past few years, I'd say that's good coming from him.

Branduil is just tsun-tsun for BONES.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Considering he said parts of the episode were good, which is more positive than anything Branduil has said about a BONES show in the past few years, I'd say that's good coming from him.

He made it pretty clear he doesn't like it in subsequent posts though.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
He made it pretty clear he doesn't like it in subsequent posts though.
Your avatar is awful, please change it.:(

Inori is one of the worst "anime" characters this year next to Anaru from Anohana. And seriously degrading to woman viewers.:(

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Your avatar is awful, please change it.:(

Inori is one of the worst "anime" characters this year next to Anaru from Anohana. And seriously degrading to woman viewers.:(

I'm not sure how Inori is any more awful than Miki and the entire Idolmaster cast.

And I think there's some law against judging a character from a 22 episode series based on the 1st episode >_>

One Piece

I am caught up! On to the New World (OT).

This brings my currently watching long running show count up to 5:

Gintama
One Piece
Toriko
Sket Dance (for now)
Hunter x Hunter (for now)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
I'm not sure how Inori is any more awful than Miki and the entire Idolmaster cast.

And I think there's some law against judging a character from a 22 episode series based on the 1st episode >_>
Most of the IDOLM@STER girls are at least relatable for most normal girls.. there's nothing relatable about Inori, unless you are a weak-willed woman who just likes to be used.:(

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Most of the IDOLM@STER girls are at least relatable for most normal girls.. there's nothing relatable about Inori, unless you are a weak-willed woman who just likes to be used.:(

Wut?

Idolmaster girls are relateable to normal girls? Do you live in some kind of eroge and you haven't been telling us?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Wut?

Idolmaster girls are relateable to normal girls? Do you live in some kind of eroge and you haven't been telling us?
What? most of the IM@S girls are just normal girls with slightly exaggerated personalities because you know anime, and they aren't sexualized to the same extent Inori from Guilty crown is.:( all those pervy shots in the episode were seriously disturbing and awkward.-_-

icarus-daedelus said:
If you actually watched Guilty crown you'd probably take my side here wwwww.

Branduil

Lafiel said:

That's not true, I liked what I've seen of Brotherhood. Nothing else they've done recently has been any good, so why say anything good about it?

duckroll

The problem with Inori is that she seems to have no self respect, and she's okay with letting herself be sexualized, used, abused, etc because it's her "mission" or whatever. She also seems somewhat mentally challenged, so if she is really being taken advantaged of by the good guys because she lacks the willpower to say no to being used the way she is, that's pretty disgusting!

cajunator

Banned
SO basically, Inori is like Ren from DEARS (or any girl from DEARS)

Also:

Horizon starring ecchi douchebag 01

I loved this shit.
Action, moe, great attacks, fun music, great crazy world design.
I took none of it seriously and I had a blast watching it.
I found it hilarious when
everybody tries to attack sensei and then douchbag just waltzes up and grabs her breasts
I think this show was licensed and I'm gonna buy it.
There was a ton of exposition at the very end though, more than Twelve Kingdoms.
I'm confused as fuck but this show has already gotten me interested. It's all so stupid and fun.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
duckroll said:
The problem with Inori is that she seems to have no self respect, and she's okay with letting herself be sexualized, used, abused, etc because it's her "mission" or whatever. She also seems somewhat mentally challenged, so if she is really being taken advantaged of by the good guys because she lacks the willpower to say no to being used the way she is, that's pretty disgusting!
All i can hope is she somehow improves, because I don't think i have the energy to bitch about her character for the next 21 weeks.:(
or relatable. don't forget relatable.

Not that I give a flying fuck about Guilty Crown or anything!

They are pretty relatable when you compare the whole cast to Inori. Plus I have two sisters who remind me of characters from im@s for what it's worth!

Cwarrior

Lafiel said:
What? most of the IM@S girls are just normal girls with slightly exaggerated personalities because you know anime, and they aren't sexualized to the same extent Inori from Guilty crown is.:( all those pervy shots in the episode were seriously disturbing and awkward.-_-

raises+eyebrows.jpg

Branduil

Lafiel said:
Plus I have two sisters who remind me of characters from im@s for what it's worth!
But are they as relatable as Oreimo? Since everyone knows that show is all about accurately depicting sibling relations.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
All i can hope is she somehow improves, because I don't think i have the energy to bitch about her character for the next 21 weeks.:(

They are pretty relatable when you compare the whole cast to Inori. Plus I have two sisters who remind me of characters from im@s for what it's worth!

You think your sister is tsundere!

Also, I will marathon and write detailed posts summarizing each Idolmaster episode if after 22 episodes, Inori is still the same character(!) as what you think she is after episode 1.

Branduil

Hajime no Ippo 4

all%20sensations.jpg

Doing that kind of thing in America would justifiably get you shot and killed. Your culture is messed up, Japan.

The old man says technical boxing is useless, you just need shounen haato. Of course Ippo has been doing nothing but learning techniques so I'm not sure that's really true.

Articalys

So, with pretty much all the new shows of the season having debuted, here's a list of all the ones that, for whatever reason, were not picked up for simulcasting in at least one region:

C3
Phi Brain
Tamayura
Maken-Ki
Mashiro-iro Symphony
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Shana III
Ben-To

cajunator

Banned
Persona 4 01
What the fuck did I just watch?

Well I don't know much about Persona, so this is all new to me.
I love it when Nanako sings the Junes theme. so cute.
Also, Chie is HHHNNNGH.
Seems like it could get interesting. Reminds me a little of the way characters controlled Servants in Fate Stay Night and how the Edel Raids were used in Elemental Gelade.
So basically, its an idea that has been done before but I'll give this show a watch and see where it goes.

cajunator

Banned
Guilty Crown 01

Screw the haters. This is awesome.
Its really cliche but its still awesome.
Inori is cute. Yeah she's pretty much there to serve as a characterless weapon, but so was Reverie Metherlence in Elemental Gelade. I bet you guys hated that too.
Maybe I'm just shallow and I really do like just about everything. I guess thats why I also buy everything.
Whatever.

cajunator said:
Is it sad that I saw a little cockroach in my room and immediately thought of this?

IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oOpa14ZJmaw/TiYk03x9hoI/AAAAAAAABjY/ecSgAJDSHZM/s1600/Gokiburi%2BGijinka.jpg/IMG]

39OsV.jpg

sad stuff is sad

Steroyd

Persona - 02

It feels like the anime was made after the staff played the game and formed a checklist of events that must happen in animated form.

Guilty Crown - 01

This has potential, what kind of potential I don't know, but I'l wait and see to find out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cajunator said:
It does have potential.

And cucaracha-tan just scurried past my bedroom door again. I haven't got the heart to kill it.
You shame your avatar.

Spray it. Spray it with extreme prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom