• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Halycon said:
Makoto was interested in Sonohara solely for her gigantic melons. It wasnt until after he bonked Sekai did he realize that what was more important to him was that he was getting some, and not the size of a girl's tits.
Pretty much.
And the fun of it all was slowly learning it all

jman2050

Penguins 18

Excellent episode. I still don't know what the endgame is going to be but I'll just wait with bated breath to find out.

trejo

Un-Go 5

Another bad episode. For starters, why the hell do you even need three dudes to drive a damn truck? Did it just never occur to them that just one could've gotten the job done? Secondly, damn was that a godawful fugly monument. That chick was certainly not advancing her career based on her talent, I can tell you that much. And apparently we are all rotten and disgusting just for being alive but become beatiful and noble once we kick it. Good to know, I guess.

I seriously thought a mistery couldn't get any shittier than Gosick but boy is this show surpassing my every expectation. At this point I feel like I need to keep watching if only to witness firsthand how much worse it can possibly get. At least there are still a number of bizarre and odd little moments that are amusing to watch, like Inga eating
one of the magical mistery-solving butterflies
. And this:

Hnp6rl.jpg

Articalys

Phi Brain 6

Oh come on, that's just straight-up cheating, even more so than the others.
Solve this puzzle, LOL IT WAS A TRAP HERE'S THE REAL PUZZLE SUCKS TO BE YOU

At least the first phase of the required shounen drama is over.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Karaoke won't make you friends 06: Yozora continues to be a bully, and continues to attempt to make Sena her bitch, but Sena gets a little revenge in the end. Also, is it just me or does Sena's father look insanely young?

I loved the bit where they described the times they all arrived for Karaoke though. I was half expecting a Layton parody. :p

And er.. why didn't they all just pay for their own portion for one room and avoid all the stupid drama? No wonder they have no friends, they're all stupid as shit! I do, however, like how twice when Yozora and Sena started fighting, the others just left on their own.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Penguindrum 18: Nice episode. Good animation, symbolism, etc. Shouma is late for everything though, Kanba's doing all the work.
Kanba's scene holding the metal rope made me cringe a bit. That was hard to watch, but still very well done.

Articalys

cosmicblizzard said:
How close are we to Himeko and Bossun's back story?
No idea. They've already been jumping around in the chapter order quite a bit, stretching the schedule a bit thin with a handful of 1:1 chapter-episode adaptations, so at this point it's honestly up to the producers when they want to get on with it.

e: Actually, I'm wondering: for anyone who both reads and watches Gintama, does its anime go mostly in chapter order with some filler thrown in here and there, or does it also jump around sometimes?

jman2050

All my friends are dead 6

Not as good as last week, but still some funny stuff there.

RurouniZel said:
I loved the bit where they described the times they all arrived for Karaoke though. I was half expecting a Layton parody. :p

And er.. why didn't they all just pay for their own portion for one room and avoid all the stupid drama? No wonder they have no friends, they're all stupid as shit! I do, however, like how twice when Yozora and Sena started fighting, the others just left on their own.

Basically this. Also the karaoke checkin scene was hilarious. Total morons, the lot of them.

LordCanti

Penguin 18:

I'm still coming up empty trying to figure out what
the child broiler is a metaphor of. An orphanage still makes the most sense I guess, but it's still foggy. If it's literally a child broiler, there is some fucccckeddd up shit going on. Since Yuri's father had military medals, and the child broiler scenes reference the taking away of individuality, maybe they were being trained as soldiers? Possibly to fight for Kenzan's group? Probably completely wrong.

I loved every second of the episode until
Tabuki saved Himari. How did he do it? She was in a pit....did he climb down, grab her, and climb back up clutching her body? It doesn't make any sense.
Oh well, I can forgive it.

Best scene of the episode for me was when
Tabuki confronted Yuri, and basically told her off for scolding him despite her having a gun, and planning to just shoot them all
. Very tense and emotional at the same time.

Anime is still saved.

Oh, and Sanetoshi's continued trolling is fabulous max. Also, Shouma is useless.

Instro

MPD 18

That was excellent. Casshern total.
The return of the Child Broiler was very interesting. I'm having doubts about it being an orphanage...very strange, not quite sure what to make of it.

Now if someone could explain how
Himari was saved at the end there
that would be great. Small tarnish on this episode because its a very confusing scene.

7Th

Instro said:
Now if someone could explain how
Himari was saved at the end there
that would be great. Small tarnish on this episode because its a very confusing scene.

You find that more confusing than the actual
pole scene?

-Minsc-

Articalys said:
No idea. They've already been jumping around in the chapter order quite a bit, stretching the schedule a bit thin with a handful of 1:1 chapter-episode adaptations, so at this point it's honestly up to the producers when they want to get on with it.

e: Actually, I'm wondering: for anyone who both reads and watches Gintama, does its anime go mostly in chapter order with some filler thrown in here and there, or does it also jump around sometimes?
While I don't read the manga, I do know they shake up the order of the chapters. There's a good lesson to episode breakdown here if you're interested.

wonzo

Banned
Guilty Crown 5

Ayase's the only likeable character in the entire show. If Shu has any brains he'd hook up with her ASAP.

Boku no friends 6

Ehhhh this wasn't as good as last weeks

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Survival and Punishment: Penguin Successor 18: Show of the year keeps being show of the year. That was nerve-wracking, powerful, every possible positive adjective you can conjure for it. I shed tears.

Dresden

wonzo said:
Guilty Crown 5

Ayase's the only likeable character in the entire show. If Shu has any brains he'd hook up with her ASAP.
It's too bad she wants to fuck Gai. Maybe she and Shoe can enter an NTR support group or something and have healing sex.

The bigger question is, is she part of the small minority of paraplegic women who can orgasm?

All My Friends Don't Understand the Concept of Group Outings 6

Why wasn't Index invited to karaoke? I bet she would add some entertaining hijinks to the bunch.

jman2050

cosmicblizzard said:
All My Friends Don't Understand the Concept of Group Outings 6

Why wasn't Index invited to karaoke? I bet she would add some entertaining hijinks to the bunch.

I hate this post so much.

Guilty Crown 05

I like how the machine said heartbeat soaring dangerously high...and it was at like 111 bpm....ugh. Also, is there some reason Shuu is the way he is? I thought Shinji was bad in Eva but he was getting into some really scary shit. I'd have pissed my pants if I had to go what he went through in the first ep but Shuu is just a wimp for no reason. He's indecisive, and has no backbone

Also, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the typical "girl BARGES in on guy naked hit's him" cliche...and I could help but laugh at Shuu wondering why everyone liked Gai over him, like it was some secret reason

Articalys

Boku wa Tomodachi 6 (am I going to be the only person to not make puns off the series title?)

I am so glad I decided to be a hypocrite and keep watching this even though I said I was going to drop it after episode 3. Once the full cast got involved things got so much better.
At least we got a nice Marina Inoue/Kanae Itou duet out of it. Actually, nearly all the female seiyuu have previous singing experience, so I'm surprised they didn't show off more. Ryouhei Kimura doesn't have half a bad voice himself.

Yozora's argument re: karaoke prices feels like a logic extension of those troll physics images.

Looking forward to what's next now that Sena did a nice job putting Yozora on the spot with that last true statement.

wonzo

Banned
Dresden said:
The bigger question is, is she part of the small minority of paraplegic women who can orgasm?
Only one way to find out.

Zoramon089 said:
I could help but laugh at Shuu wondering why everyone liked Gai over him, like it was some secret reason
To be fair it's kinda perplexing as to why anyone would rally around, let alone admire such an unsympathetic piece of shit like Gai.

edit: according to wikipedia he's 17, lmao

Branduil

Penguin Drum 18

Some nice background art in the Tabuki flashbacks.

I liked the episode, but
the metal cable scene was really confusing. As in, the physics of it, where everyone was, how he was holding it up, it really didn't make any sense. The direction was really strange and confusing.

Jex

Penguin 18

Well, I guess most of this is going to be tagged.

This episode did a good job in not only focusing on a very tense situation but also giving us some more back-story for Tabuki and Momoka. I suppose some directors would be tempted to slice that backstory in in small chunks, LOST style, throughout the course of the episode but clearly that wouldn't have worked so well.

Like others, the actual finale didn't seem to make any visual sense, but I don't really care. Seriously though, it doesn't have to make no sense, they could easily have had him in the right place. It's just WEIRD.

penguin18tabuki.jpg

Thoraxes

Penguindrum 18
Someone get me that Regulus picture with him accepting Ikuhara's manhood, and then shoop my name in there instead.

Spoilers ahoy, mateys.

I'm glad we finally got Tabuki's story. The whole hand thing was crazy, and i'm glad that was explained, the relationship between him and Yuri explained, his father probably being alive, Ringo being very adorable and saying what she needed to, Kanba being a boss, Himari defying her fate, Sanetoshi was probably the one who gave the pictures to Tabuki (but how?), and others.
Shit, I am excited.

How the fuck is the goddess going to deliver the punishment? I was starting to think for a bit that Tabuki was going to be the one sent to deliver it to the Takakura's, but then he let them all live, so I don't think it's him that will deliver it. The question is, who and how? Who left do we have yet to get backstory on besides the Crystal Princess and whatever is in Mario, the Takakura parents/Kenzan, and Momoka?

Most of the show up to this point has been about revealing the secrets of the characters, with each reveal being even more mind-fuckingly awesome than the last, but now that most of the frontline cast has had their secrets revealed, i'm interested in seeing how the last 6 episodes play out.

Regulus Tera said:
This image just sums up the moe reactions I have from OD'ing on it so perfectly. There's a reason why I use it.

IDu8o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom