• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Deadly said:
Guilty Crown 5
Damn you guys were right this show need more wheelchair girl! Gai is probably going to die before the end. Maybe he dies at the end of the first part than mini-timeskip to Shu as some badass leader?
Leader of the resistance and role model figure to the main character dying so that the protagonist can grow into a powerful and charismatic figure by himself? No way!

duckroll

faridmon said:
Oh man. I guess I'll try it out because I like Production IG, but man...

illustration_19.jpg

She will be sad if you don't watch it. :(

Jex

firehawk12 said:
I'll just say, all you team Taichi people are insane. Arata > Sensei > Kimono girl > Chihaya's Sister > Taichi.
Dresden said:
lolrata is going nowhere.

Forehead > Taichi > Sensei > Arata > Sister
C'mon guys, we all know that sensei should be at the top.

Jex

[Ghost in the Shell]
Zoramon089 said:
What? No. Watch the series then the film. The film makes SO much more sense after seeing the series where the themes and terms and world are fully expanded
The film stands on it's own and doesn't require any outside viewing for you to grasp it fully.

duckroll said:
Kinda like Code Geass!
The mecha isn't even in the title of the show!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Jexhius said:
Something about your avatars iris size bugs me for some reason:

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/face.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

For me the coloring on the left (her right) boob bothers me more. The coloring makes it look like it's exposed. :-P

Steroyd

faridmon said:
Wait, Is Guilty Crown a Mecha Anime? If yes, then No way am I going to watch it. I can't stand Mecha

BROTHER!!

I thought I was the only one.

*brofist*

There isn't enough mecha in it to garner any hate.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
PdotMichael said:
For me, she looks more like the blonde sister of Feena (Grandia).

http://i.imgur.com/EnueH.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Which is why she's so goddamn cute in this game! <3

cajunator

Banned
PdotMichael said:
For me, she looks more like the blonde sister of Feena (Grandia).

EnueH.gif
Feena was so cute I say that having not actually played Grandia (but I definitely liked the character design and the music)

NewFresh

RurouniZel said:
For me the coloring on the left (her right) boob bothers me more. The coloring makes it look like it's exposed. :p
Lack of nipple makes it ok.

cajunator said:
Those look like Calbee shrimp chips. I'm gonna go buy some now.

That made me want some too. Maybe with a side of fried squid.

cajunator

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Thanks everyone for the replies I subscribed to those threads and I will seek out all of the Anime listed.
On a serious note, check out Haibane Renmei and see if that kind of show is for you. If it is, I think you would reallyl ike it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Penguin Drum 18

Lovely episode.

My heart literally sunk when the final cord was cut.

When Tabuki popped up on the screen with Himari in hand I was soooooo relieved and my eyes teared up a bit!

Tis been a long time since an animu has pulled my emotional heartstrings like that. Probably since FMA:B.

Penguindrum 18

it is becoming humorous, if not downright comical, the
number of times they're going to make us think Himari is dead.

Shouma being
useless, but accepting Ringo's love, I think near the end. I'm trying to understand why Shouma is even in this show, comic relief?

Feels like we've reached a stepping stone, we finally understand a sizable chunk of the puzzle.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Ikuhara is getting a little too literal about
the red string of fate symbolism.

UNGO 05

Episode heavily inspired by Sherlock Holmes.
The "trick someone into looking at the hiding place" is straight out of a Sherlock Holmes mystery, but this one was poorly executed due to time constraints I think. They tried to fit way too much philosophy into one episode. Show needs moar Android girl

Reknoc

Un-Go - 5

Being a detective in the future seems awfully easy.
So Shinjurou points to the wrong person (that he decided was guilty after talking to them for a few seconds) but that's okay because the recluse with the hot daughter can just go "iunno maybe they killed themselves? lol".

/XX/

Wow! It was true the animation is very reminiscent of CASSHERN Sins, even Mr. Umakoshi was involved in the party...

LordCanti said:
I'm still coming up empty trying to figure out what
the child broiler is a metaphor of. An orphanage still makes the most sense I guess, but it's still foggy. If it's literally a child broiler, there is some fucccckeddd up shit going on. Since Yuri's father had military medals, and the child broiler scenes reference the taking away of individuality, maybe they were being trained as soldiers? Possibly to fight for Kenzan's group? Probably completely wrong.
I don't know what to make of it either, but like the superficial parents of Tabuki and Yuri in the flashbacks, who were an embodiment of those child problems, a conceptualization of the harm they suffered so that the idea could came across faster and easier, I wouldn't think much on a logical explanation for that place, I'd probably leave it as pure symbolism, for the moment.

LordCanti said:
Best scene of the episode for me was when
Tabuki confronted Yuri, and basically told her off for scolding him despite her having a gun, and planning to just shoot them all
. Very tense and emotional at the same time.
Agreed.
After all what happened in the episode, the whole sequence of scenes in which Tabuki finally leaves that place was pretty powerful.

Branduil said:
Oh good I'm not the only one.

That scene should go in the troll physics thread.
At first I thought they tried to do what Dynedom described:

Dynedom said:
Yeah, this made absolutely no sense in the anime. I think they were trying to
recreate the Tabuki/Mamoka scene a bit too hard there and completely threw out logic
But if that was their objective with that scene, I think they could had handle it similarly to the second example given by the image 7Th has posted (http://i.imgur.com/7qWep.gif), and I suppose the outcome would have been more adequate.

Steroyd said:
And Penguin #1 summed up that last chain of events quite wonderfully.
That is the kind of gags from the penguins I like the most, those that make a parallel connection showing the situation of the characters they are associated with, because in other moments they are much more distracting. It reminds me of episode 11;
in the beginning when Kanba goes to talk with Natsume, and the back-and-forth between them is represented cleverly by the penguins 1. and Esmeralda, including that moral defeat in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom