• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
icarus-daedelus said:
Further proof of its wholesomeness and normality:

utena_octopi.jpg

Tentacles!

Oh Nanami, A terrible and wonderful character rolled into one.

Blackheim

icarus-daedelus said:
Why crisis? It should inspire her to do great things, refuse to accept abuse, let go of childhood without forgetting what's important, escape the artificial strictures of society and be a real grown up by discovering the true meaning of maturity. You know, classic bildungsroman stuff.

Also:

Totally normal!

Haha, I'll be sure to tell the police and judge that. I gave her to watch them so that she can TRULY be her own person and not be relegated into a role as a girl/woman as society demands! If she wants to be that, then she will decide for herself if that's what she wants! Girl Androgyny power! Oh and did I mention, your honor? She HAD to watch this stuff now while young and impressionable so she could see the world for what it could be and that any decision in life should come from her, not the MAN and his stigmas and ideas for predetermined roles and rules of society. I'm convinced! :p

I'm pretty sure she'll stumble on that stuff herself at some point haha. Hopefully later rather than sooner >_>

Steroyd said:
¬_¬

Ah yeah, my sister liked Cardcptors, even though I have yet to watch all of it and she liked Hanabe Ranmei even though I have yet to watch all of that to... my sister is putting me to shame damnit. :<

Yeah yeah, I know <_< Those parts from what I remember were so in your face though haha.

cajunator said:
Oh wait, Stellvia is a fun show too.
If she likes space themed stuff.
Very cute.
And music by Angela.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEIaFMJIkaE

Oh yeah, she actually expressed interest in this because I got her into angela. That's OOP and hasn't been picked up by FUNI though right?

Blackheim

icarus-daedelus said:
I don't see why any of this is actually bad or worthy of some kind of arrest. (A girl, thinking for herself?!) Are you worried it is going to turn her into a homosexual, or an androgyne car? :p

I'd be more worried about dat incest, personally.

Oh, you're speaking of Utena only. I thought you were including the other titles I jokingly replied with :p Naw, that's not so bad, I'll give her a few more years before I introduce her to that one :D

cajunator

Banned
Blackheim said:
Haha, I'll be sure to tell the police and judge that. I gave her to watch them so that she can TRULY be her own person and not be relegated into a role as a girl/woman as society demands! If she wants to be that, then she will decide for herself if that's what she wants! Girl Androgyny power! Oh and did I mention, your honor? She HAD to watch this stuff now while young and impressionable so she could see the world for what it could be and that any decision in life should come from her, not the MAN and his stigmas and ideas for predetermined roles and rules of society. I'm convinced! :p

I'm pretty sure she'll stumble on that stuff herself at some point haha. Hopefully later rather than sooner >_>

Yeah yeah, I know <_< Those parts from what I remember were so in your face though haha.

Oh yeah, she actually expressed interest in this because I got her into angela. That's OOP and hasn't been picked up by FUNI though right?
Yes unfortunately outside of Ebay it will be very difficult to find it,
This is why I buy so much anime instead of rent.

Articalys

With Despera on hold, looks like Yoshitoshi ABe used some of that free time to go and get married.
According to his official website, mangaka and illustrator Abe Yoshitoshi has got married to a modern artist Sasaki Yukari. She has been working as Abe's manga assistant since 2010. Abe is 40 years old and Sasaki is 27.

Idolmaster 16

Hibiki episode got the shaft production wise. I like how they made 961 Pro comically evil. Its like their Team Rocket of the Idol world.

Lain

Chihayafuru 5

I can understand why Arata stopped playing Karuta (although I think his decision is a bit too drastic), but I don't believe his reason is an acceptable one for acting like a dick-head.

Also, fuck team Taichi and team Arata, team Chihaya all the way for me. She doesn't need a weakling to drag her down, Karuta is all she needs.

iavi

hosannainexcelsis said:
Gintama 112

Katsura hijacking my badass OP!

61d77a88a30401c41658dedf6a54ef691226327511_full.jpeg

----

Speaking of Gintama, it's time to partake. Not only have I consciously let enough marathon-able weeks stack, I'm actually farther behind than I initially thought. Fuck Yes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cosmicblizzard said:
Yugo the Negotiator 7

Yeah, this just isn't fun to watch. Had a lot of misconceptions going in and it ended up boring me. Dropping.
Well, you dropped it after giving the better half a shot and you confirmed that somebody hasn't stolen your account.

iavi

207_61BmqooiqdL.jpeg

Wheelchair moe fetishists, exorcists of blue, and one horned Gundam bros, more Hiroyuki. I haven't listened to it enough to make any grand calls, but it has been great, and it does take the award for 'inclusion of the messiest track I've ever heard from the guy.' If you're like me and really dug the first OST, you'll dig this one it seems. And while I've yet to hear his work on GC, I'm sure it's bomb, and do propose that Hiroyuki compose for all mecha anime from now on. It's only fitting.

wonzo

Banned
Gintama 34 - 35

Goddamn, Shinpachi got played. The handling of the first part of ep 35 was rather creative, if a little cheap.

Hitokage said:
Well, you dropped it after giving the better half a shot and you confirmed that somebody hasn't stolen your account.

I had assumed it would be a thriller with mind game/mystery elements. It did seem like that at points, but it became clear that wasn't the focus. Outsmarting an opposing force is what I look forward to in those kinds of shows and that's what I thought I would get during the scenes where
Yugo is tied to a rock to be burned/dehydrated by the sun or when he stabs himself with the knife without flinching at all. Neither of these had explanations for Yugo's almost otherworldly reactions which is what I had been anticipating.
Just a big disappointment overall.

There were definitely some interesting scenes here and there, but 9% interesting does not make up for 91% zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Defuser said:
Although I dislike Deen but dammit I can't fully hate them since they gonna animate Kore wa zombie desuka S2.

Since being introduced to this at anime club, Ive come to grow to like it, I cant believe its getting a season 2, I hope the cast remains the same? (if details are known?)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ben-To 06: An enjoyable episode that wraps up the loose ends from last episode. The fight was pretty good, but in my opinion it didn't have as much energy as previous fights. Still a fun episode all around though. ^_^

Articalys

Fate/zero 7

I really want that music when
Lancer showed up to help fight Caster
. Actually, I'm loving the whole soundtrack so far, but that scene was extra cool.

Also,
Rider ordering a custom shirt by mail and freaking out the delivery guy in the process
was amazing, not to mention how
pants are serious business

iavi

Working'!! 7

As hilarious as this episode was, as funny as Katanashi's midnight groans of despair were, I still think the award for the funniest character has to go to Souma & his asshole giggles. I swear, he wasn't in this episode but for those scenes, and such effective scenes they were. Best directed show of the season continues to be show of the season. Hoorah.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Persona 4: The Cartoon 06: Dojima is seriously the worst dad ever after Gendo Ikari.

Neither the animation or the edition has gotten any better, but the ways they are taking liberties with the original material is very enjoyable. You guys are missing out if you liked the game and already dropped this. :(

Risette

A Good Citizen
Regulus Tera said:
Persona 4: The Cartoon 06: Dojima is seriously the worst dad ever after Gendo Ikari.

Neither the animation or the edition has gotten any better, but the ways they are taking liberties with the original material is very enjoyable. You guys are missing out if you liked the game and already dropped this. :(
1321145461616.jpg

I don't think anybody is missing out on this

trejo

Regulus Tera said:

I'd rather play the Vita version down the line than sit through what is basically a playthrough of the game except with shitty animation (and no polishing of balls).

Reknoc

Ben-to 6

Well I'm glad that arc is over, I hope this means
we never have to see The Monarch again, the soundeffect used for him handling his nuts went right through me

Oh, I don't think I mentioned that I like the music used in this; well I do. The music used for the big fight during this episode was particularly good.

Steroyd

Regulus Tera said:

Can't blame people if they've dropped it already, it's been that underwhelming, that said Chie is the only reason I keep watching this, that and I've already played the game.

iavi

WTF, they've done Soejima's art worse than Gonzo did Kozaki's, Jesus. Barriers that shouldn't have been broken have been broken.

Master Keaton 14

Very emotionally effective episode. It did a good job of exploring the effect of international politics on one family, from tragedy to reconciliation. Establishing a nostalgic song always helps with that.
I thought Hanna looked like she was trying to strangle the Papa doll in the beginning. Little did I know...

Aigis said:
I don't think anybody is missing out on this

Get those lifeless zombies away from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom