• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Eden of the East ep 9/10

This anime is so suspenseful that I cant help but stay up and finish it, but
if that was Juiz, wow, looked as I expected. The transport Juiz to a secret location order caught me off guard and made me laugh, as the three in the room looked shocked. Oh and Juiz for best voice by a human female in an anime, I love it

Do yourself a favor and stop watching after ep. 11. The movies are a horrible, pointless waste of time, and the ending the tv series leaves you with is a hell of a lot more interesting.

zeroshiki

While I'm glad justice is being served, it always amazes me how long it takes for these sentences to be carried out. Not that I want the world to take the Phoenix Wright approach to sentencing but you know...

Lots and lots of appeals. Taking someone's life, no matter how scummy he may be, should be taken very seriously.

Eden of the East movies weren't that bad.

movie spoilers
The ending is fucking stupid.

It basically undid everything good about the series.

Blader

Eden of the East movies weren't that bad.

movie spoilers
The ending is fucking stupid.

You could skip the first movie without losing a beat, and the second movie just retreads the same ground as ep. 11 except in a much less interesting/far stupider way.

-Minsc-

Gintama 235

Thank you Gintama for teaching people how to tie a half windsor knot. You continue to prove you are a very educational program.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
She's in the manga through, so I doubt they'd just cut her out. Don't know when she shows up again though.

Mirai Nikki 7

Damn, more censorship, but still an awesomely tense episode.
5th's death
was more brutal than I remember it in the manga. IIRC, he didn't talk as much before getting dimensional flushed. And of course this is where Yuno REALLY starts to cause problems, :lol.

Yeah, this is actually my main worry about the show. I just stop having fun if a show gets too morbidly depressing. I just get bored with the predictable cycle of death and setback. All terror and no hope make for a dull oppressive atmosphere. Don't tell me, but I'm wondering to what extent Yuno really will be causing problems, whether it'll be to the point of that oppression or not.

Eden of the East 11

The series was pretty good. I would still wish to take a second season.
Kinda of intense with all the naked neets and the friends, awkward. Introducing other saviors and then not developing them was just odd and really the only negative of the show, I would have wished it continued more and actually show Mr. Outside, Juiz, more on the friends, and just the future in general, though I assume thats what the movies cover, still, extended it beyond 11 episodes would have worked wonders.

Seikon no Qwaser 2 ep 4

Finally back to finishing it, always enjoyed the seikon no qwaser ending song selections.

Code Geass R2 ep 1

After years from seeing the first season and finishing it, Ive finally found time to run through this second season. Episode was decent until
Zero's awakening and zero, which was always the highlight for me

Yeah, this is actually my main worry about the show. I just stop having fun if a show gets too morbidly depressing. I just get bored with the predictable cycle of death and setback. All terror and no hope make for a dull oppressive atmosphere. Don't tell me, but I'm wondering to what extent Yuno really will be causing problems, whether it'll be to the point of that oppression or not.

I don't think it will be a problem.

Jex

Hanasaku Iroha 17

Seriously, the pool scene was stupid. And the ending afterwards didn't cohere into anything. What a waste of time.

Could have been worse though.
Just keeping powering through, it really does get better towards the end, in a legitimately satisfying manner.

Jex

Noein 2-5

I wasn't too much of a fan of the fight-over-a-boy episode. But this series already has me inching to watch the next episode. The action can be a little over the top, but it's really fun, the humorous parts feel very genuine as well. More people should jump on this.

I can't help but think a little of Fantastic Children though.
Does that mean, you can't help thinking about how similar the shows are

or

how one show seems superior to another?

From what I've seen of Noein, which is about half the show, I feel that it's largely inferior to Fantastic Children.

More people need to watch Fantastic Children, it's a very strong series. It really deserves it's own thread.
Hanasaku Iroha 17

Seriously, the pool scene was stupid. And the ending afterwards didn't cohere into anything. What a waste of time.

Could have been worse though.
Just keeping powering through, it really does get better towards the end, in a legitimately satisfying manner.

Cwarrior

Black lagoon Roberta's blood trail 4
Everyone’s having those mind game battles
Lol revy got mind fucked by a little maid

Black lagoon Dat viral marketing 5
4 Amazing episodes that spent some time hyping up the ending like it was going to be something spectacular epic, sadly turns out disappointing and just another animu ending(chang sending a bonus was great).
Was this funded by the US army cause those US army force character where saints never leaving kids behind and forgiving the enemy even after killing some of their men, like Jesus would( that would explain the “When Johnny Comes Marching Home” song as the ed).

Poor roberta I don't think where going to see her again :(

Oh yeah rock character development is pretty much bullshit ..but awesome the show is far better for it, they just replaced him with someone else with near yagami light level foresight and got someone to write some decent lines thats not mind numbing.

Black lagoon Roberta's blood trail =black lagoon s1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> black lagoon second barrage

a little Patlabor break (episode 20 now)

Cutie Honey (1973) - 1

lsuiK.gif

I'm surprised, it was not bad. The opening song is great (http://youtu.be/DZTNAhYP2A4), fanservice and animations with the charm of the seventies.

I have a new show if I need a little break.

Cwarrior

Nope its the same Rock its just that the environment is finally getting to him (plus the failure of what happened in japan).

I don't buy that cause as at the beginning he starts out with a bit of balls but as the show goes on he becomes even more of a pussy as time goes on(yes Roanapur makes you more of a pussy), 1 year later he balls have long since packed up and left, then BAM! turn on black lagoon blood trail and his a different character who's making sense all of a sudden, you don’t see him develop so it’s not character “development” if you never see it(yeah off screen develpoment).

Explanation I can buy is after taking a long break from the series for years the anime team just forgot how rock was and new dialogue writer.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chihayafuru 07: A much slower paced episode than any of the previous ones, but that's not necessarily bad. I think it was intentional. I particularly liked the way they laid out Taichi's character, specifically his insecurities about Chihaya and Arata.

Desktomu-kun is an arse, but as someone who has been in his position, I understand him. :( Four-eyes for the win!

I don't buy that cause as at the beginning he starts out with bit of balls but as the show goes on he becomes even more of a pussy as time goes on(yes Roanapur makes you more of a pussy), 1 year later he balls have long since packed up and left, then BAM! turn on black lagoon blood trail and his different character who making sense all of a sudden, you don’t see him develop so it’s not character “development” if you never see it(yeah off screen develpoment).

Real explanation I can buy is after taking a long break from the series for years the anime team just forgot how rock was and new dialogue writer.

Huh, Rock was always a pussy since he was just a suit stuck in a majorly fucked up city. The only time he showed bouts of not being one was the second ep (fight with the heli) and the fight with Revy in the market where he deflected her gun as she shot it.

But I guess we see his development differently since he has always brought something different to that city by using his head and his weird upbeat positivity/idealism which intrigued some (Chang, Balakia, Dutch) and annoyed others (Revy for a while). In second Barrage it seemed he wanted to keep that positivity/idealism at all costs but he started to step on peoples toes (Balakia, Revy).

when that Japanese girl gave him the reality check at the end it seems he has embraced his new home and it's violent nature has affected him as time goes on.

In Blood Trail Garcia was afraid of him now, Fabiola was pissed at him and in the end Rock himself started to get concerned and ask Benny if he has changed (which Benny responds that people are really afraid of his potential now).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Mirai Nikki 6

Yuno is batshit insane. Anytime you're thinking "Well cute Stalker is best stalker" she does something completely insane. I mean it was fucked up when she looks at the stuff she packed in her bag, saying it was good she accepted her, but she still went psychotic in the bathroom for no reason after Yukiteru's mom accepted her.

Yukiteru could have gotten laid and he was saying "This is the worst day ever", what a pussy.

Mirai Nikki 6

Yuno is batshit insane. Anytime you're thinking "Well cute Stalker is best stalker" she does something completely insane. I mean it was fucked up when she looks at the stuff she packed in her bag, saying it was good she accepted her, but she still went psychotic in the bathroom for no reason after Yukiteru's mom accepted her.

Yukiteru could have gotten laid and he was saying "This is the worst day ever", what a pussy.

I look forward to your impressions as the eps roll along LOL

From what I've seen of Noein, which is about half the show, I feel that it's largely inferior to Fantastic Children.

More people need to watch Fantastic Children, it's a very strong series. It really deserves it's own thread.

You should finish Noein. Everything comes together at the end into a satisfying conclusion, both narrative-wise and character-wise. If you can promise to do that, I'll promise to make Fantastic Children a top priority.

I intend to. The Tokyo arc was quite good after some weak episodes in the first half, so I have faith that the end will be strong.

Cwarrior

Yes, the Roberta's Blood Trail ending is certainly it's strongest point, considering how dumb most the arc is.

Am not sure if your agreeing or disagreeing....

the ending for me was half meh and half great what I mean is

-rock loseing out in his war to save roanapur was great with chang sending him some money in the end

then there where those US soldiers who buged the fuck out of me in how they forgave roberta

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TamaChihaya Tuesdays! :firehawk

It's funny how both episodes ended on inspirational notes. You know you like something when you don't mind being led through the formula anyway.

Jex

[Yozakura Quartet Hoshi no Umi 03]

YozakuraQuartetmHoshinoUmi03.jpg

I have no idea, none at all, what's going on with the story or the characters. I just want to see some pretty animation, which this gave me.

I think there may have also been some fanservice, but this episode was actually directed and edited in a fashion where you'd have to pause to see it. This, strangely, feels like a throwback to the old days when fanservice was rather more restrained than it is today.

[Anne of Green Gables 39]

anne39.jpg

It's a shame to see such a pivotal episode in the show struggle through with such lacklustre character animation. The story was genuinely moving because of how invested I've become in these characters, but I'd rather see the standards raised somewhat. Never mind, as it's a fairly lengthy show I can forgive them.

Why is that?
Well, if you make an arc centred on the worst character, Roberta, this is the kind of thing that happens.

Instro

I still think Blood Trail is one of the single best arcs in the show. Roberta might be too ott for some people, but the arc itself, its plot, the progression, and the character development within, is on par with or better than anything else in the series. Given all the subplots and the amount of different characters involved, its really quite enjoyable.

[Yozakura Quartet Hoshi no Umi 03]

[Anne of Green Gables 39]

anne39.jpg

It's a shame to see such a pivotal episode in the show struggle through with such lacklustre character animation. The story was genuinely moving because of how invested I've become in these characters, but I'd rather see the standards raised somewhat. Never mind, as it's a fairly lengthy show I can forgive them.

is it just me or Anne looks older in that pic.

Well, if you make an arc centred on the worst character, Roberta, this is the kind of thing that happens.

Really?

does the whole terminator thing bug people that much?

Code Geass R2 2-12

12 was hilarious but ultimately a waste of time. School segments are the shows low point.
They are only good when they have the Lelouch and Rolo interactions, I like Rolo's role as well as the other two in their underground group

Instro

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys Pre-air

Oh wow, total bros. If the actual show is like this, it will be a lot of fun. The OP and ED for this are brilliant too(those ED lyrics :lol). Funny stuff.

Oh and dat VA cast, so good.

Articalys

Oh wow, total bros. If the actual show is like this, it will be a lot of fun. The OP and ED for this are brilliant too(those ED lyrics :lol). Funny stuff.

Oh and dat VA cast, so good.

Stole everything I was going to say. That final punchline+facepalm was glorious.

Ezalc

Besides the art, this short promo was thousands of times better than Kimi to Boku. The jokes were amazing, datED :lol, and the characters were actually interesting unlike the horrible cardboard monotone twins from the other show. The best part besides the ED and that last joke was that I could totally see me and my friends doing dumb shit like this.

wonzo

Banned
Chihayafuru 8

A return to form after last weeks lackluster episode. Team Sensei > Team Taichi > Team Porky > *

Gintama 40-42

This show never ceases to impress. Goddamn.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Really?

does the whole terminator thing bug people that much?
On top of the terminator, which really does knock up the ridiculous levels compared to the other characters. She is the most dry character of the lot by far. There is no real development to her other than rage, followed by calm.

Fairy Tail 1-8

Episode 8 was hot. If they can keep the action this intense in all of the episodes then this may become tied with naruto as my favorite long running anime. For the english dub, have come to like the VA for Natsu, Erza, and Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom