• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pretty sure its supposed to be modeled after the food pyramid so lower is better(healthier?) for you.
Everything in the pyramid is necessary for a healthy diet. It's all about moderating how much you consume of everything.

Hence why magical girls should be the base and tsundere should be swapped with them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just a note, I put zero thought into the actual parallels between the food pyramid (which is outdated anyway) and the Moe Pyramid.

But don't let that stop you from duking it out!

Just a note, I put zero thought into the actual parallels between the food pyramid (which is outdated anyway) and the Moe Pyramid.

But don't let that stop you from duking it out!

Should have used the new MyPlate to make sure its government approved and nutritionally balanced.
w7atd.jpg

Casshern Sins 18

Even more dream-like than usual - when ambiguous live-action shots start flashing in the middle of an anime, you know it's about to get all metaphysical on you. That this was also another episode with even better than usual background art helped to sell the atmosphere.

Random black guy was jarring. I'm not very fond of the writing in this show, but "baby" was a new low. I had to laugh when he ended up in a pool of blood.

Jex

So if I wanted to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, where do I start? I see there are prequel movies and such.

You do not start with the prequels. You start with Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New War and then you move into the original series (skipping the first two episodes). Overture to a New War is basically the first two episodes, but far better.

Jex

People acknowledge when they're watching crap, reccommend Yosuga no Sora and School Days to newcomers for shits and giigles and Code Geass goes down as a fabulous anime to watch along with needing to experience that which is Blood C.

I think the charm is that animuGAF is self aware of it's own... erm... taste.

That's what they want you to think!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
actually i meant the different types of moe, not different characters
edit: i see it already exists, too bad its super fail
Sorry Uchip, but furries are like junk food.

sonicmj1

I think if we're going to measure EFUs, we should be starting with things that happen/premises, not character design.

We should be trying to reward the Code Geasses of the world, not the Infinite Stratoses.

Instro

I misunderstood what you were asking then when you said "breast size?" I guess you were just asking for their sizes. Of course that still leaves me reeling from the idea someone gave a damn about a Horizon character, better I just think you thought there was an S cup than be interested in a Horizon character's breast size.

Well, I was asking if that was what the rankings were based on because having watched enough of Horizon its what came to mind. The girl in D rank has no breasts, and the 3 on the top have massive ones.

Jex

[Chihayafuru 10]

Excuse me if I don't buy the premise that motivates the 'drama' in the second half of this episode. In particular, I'm talking about Chihaya
losing her cool and being intimated by another team after one of her team members has some issues.
For someone who's been playing karuta for years, both competitively, for fun and professionally and serious championships it just doesn't seem at all likely that we'd see her in trouble, especially when it's been established that she has spidey-sense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Chihayafuru 10]

Excuse me if I don't buy the premise that motivates the 'drama' in the second half of this episode. In particular, I'm talking about Chihaya
losing her cool and being intimated by another team after one of her team members has some issues.
For someone who's been playing karuta for years, both competitively, for fun and professionally and serious championships it just doesn't seem at all likely that we'd see her in trouble, especially when it's been established that she has spidey-sense.

In context though, the only other time she's played as a team is when she teamed up with Taichi and Bestrata when she was young. She's also a bit of a Yozora in terms of not understanding how other people feel as well, so presumably that moment of self-awareness was enough to throw her off.

Jex

Akikan

Awesome finale. Love how the whole conflict was caused by
Miku being drank by a cat, lol.
And did they seriously use Hatsune Miku for the ED there? Haha. Guess that has meaning.

This was a great series. Kind of like a less serious Sekirei with more memorable characters. I will never stop being impressed by Japan's ability to inject completely serious drama into some of the most asinine premises out there. My jaw was on the floor during the last few minutes of episode 5 because of the sick mood whiplash. As far as inanimate object anthropomorphism goes, this is probably among the most notable in terms of execution.

Kakeru is really the kind of harem protagonist we need to see more of. Screw this accidental pervert stuff, we need a pure hot-blooded pervert that will hump the fuck out of a chair just to prove a point and get himself out of crappy social situations. He and Tomiki should be the standard everyone follows when doing a harem series.

Anyway, this is clearly still the early stages of the series. We barely know anything else about the Akikan Elect and we've only seen 4. Seems like the LN is still ongoing, so I'm hoping for an eventual season 2.

People think I'm joking when I'm talking about Akikan! (You forgot to mention the god-awful art).
So, yeah. I've run through the original series at least twice so far, maybe three times (quite possibly four). [This doesn't count times I've re-watched individual episodes] It's just one of those shows which draws me in. Call me a Gintama equivalent of a Narutard I suppose.

Even if you like it that much (which is fine) it's all free on crunchyroll!

Jex

Ringo was such a cool character; it's a shame they
killed her off in episode 10.
I feel the same way. Its just not the same anymore. The best two females are easily Esmeralda and Yuri now.
More like character irrelevance.
GAFers revealing their fetishes all over the place.
Mawaru Penguindrum 21
Did the penguins have any good scenes, I somehow overlooked their presense the whole time. At least the thruth is out now.
What? How is that possible?
Arguing in the animu thread is usually so redundant. This is why I just stop when I get tired of it.

So is your face.

For the record, there's nothing especially bad about arguments in this thread, they're usually up to the same standards as arguments on the rest of the internet (e.g. pretty average, eventually becoming bad).

Dresden

fate/zero - 4

That was pretty good.
Liked the fight between Lancer and Saber but I wish they'd talked less all throughout. Rider's appearance at the end was a total cockblock but Rider is awesome so it doesn't matter, I guess - Waver's face at the end was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom