• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

To be honest, I've adopted an anti-intellectual attitude of sorts in this thread. It's this funky paradox where I do want to have an actual discourse at times, but I don't really want to ever debate cause it's just exhausting. I do enough of that on in my 3d life, Gaf is for :cajuning.

This is all because of the time you got burned recommending the Bleach movie, isn't it?

7Th

I think you should relax and not act like us poking fun at each other isn't something that happens every single day in this thread and that every conversation needs to be a serious argument about how Ikuhara is a bad sexist writer or Idolmaster is awesome because scientists found it has twice as much Empirical Fun Units as the next show.

Not being serious doesn't imply making what you post as dumb as possible. I personally find discussion fun and relaxing.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to you getting really huffy whenever Idolmaster gets brought up. How about responding with how you believe he's wrong instead of complaining that he dropped the show by episode 5, which btw, is plenty of episodes to form an opinion on a series.

My only point is that even I had called Infinite Stratos a great show with fun character development or whatever it would have no relevance in the current discussion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be honest, I've adopted an anti-intellectual attitude of sorts in this thread. It's this funky paradox where I do want to have an actual discourse at times, but don't really want to ever debate cause it's just exhausting. I do enough of that in my 3d life, Gaf is for :cajuning.
I feel you bro!

wonzo

Banned
Kyousougiga

d3I9A.jpg

Whoa,
kinda interesting that they hardly used anything in the PV. Maybe their planning on turning this into a series.

High Score 1-2

ehhh it's average at best but it's only 3 minutes per ep so i'll stick with it.

Branduil

Not being serious doesn't imply making what you post as dumb as possible. I personally find discussion fun and relaxing.
Well sure it can be fun, and often is. Just rarely when it involves you.

My only point is that even I had called Infinite Stratos a great show with fun character development or whatever it would have no relevance in the current discussion.
If we only talked about what was relevant in this thread it'd be a pretty boring place.

sleepykyo

You ruined it for all of us, now duckroll will never just blindly watch anything we praise effusively again.

Duckroll takes recommendations now? So far only 2 posters took AnimeGaf's recommendation to watch School Days and that incest anime and they seem to have vanished off the face of gaf.

sonicmj1

I'm enjoying Idolmaster more than Penguindrum, but I think that's just because I know exactly what I'm getting with the former, while the latter keeps confusing me, and I'm bewildered a lot of the time. Not that it's bad, but one is easier to like.

Ringo's character arc, even limited to the first 10 episodes, is certainly more dramatic than anything in Idolmaster. But how characters change in Penguindrum is the point of the entire show, while Idolmaster is merely about cute girl archetypes becoming cute idol archetypes.

Horizon 10

15 minutes plus of non stop action was pretty epic. Even better was that each scene had my favorite pieces of the music, with my favorite track playing with the arguably best fighters (Schwarzfloren and Weissfloren) in the series getting in on the action.
Could have done without the victory yuri action...
Nenshinbara finally getting some screen time and a role was quite cool and I like how they described it as a fan fiction writer if I recall. The anime has really climbed up to being one I actually did look forward to much of the season and am glad I stuck with it until now. Its going to be fun to marathon once its on disc.

I hope they pull out an Armament of Deadly Sin before the season ends.

Branduil

I'm enjoying Idolmaster more than Penguindrum, but I think that's just because I know exactly what I'm getting with the former, while the latter keeps confusing me, and I'm bewildered a lot of the time. Not that it's bad, but one is easier to like.

Ringo's character arc, even limited to the first 10 episodes, is certainly more dramatic than anything in Idolmaster. But how characters change in Penguindrum is the point of the entire show, while Idolmaster is merely about cute girl archetypes becoming cute idol archetypes.

Stop being agreeably reasonable.

And here you confirm you don't understand how ad hominem works.

Now you're using ad hominems. You better stop it or people are going to judge you as being petty and immature because you're not arguing seriously about anime on the internet.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Audio Drama] Mawaru-Penguindrum: The Murder of Penguin 0: This played out a lot like an Un-Go episode without all the depressing bits. It's also great to have Kanba acting on his more womaniser-side. That part of his character is almost entirely relegated to Penguin 1 in the actual show.

Branduil

You don't get to claim that you take an anti-intellectual approach if you're the one who keeps introducing weird arguments into the thread.

I don't know if firehawk takes an anti-intellectual approach, but I do know that my head often hurts when I read that he skips all action scenes or that sports anime are good because they're not about sports.

zeroshiki

I don't know if firehawk takes an anti-intellectual approach, but I do know that my head often hurts when I read that he skips all action scenes or that sports anime are good because they're not about sports.

I have no excuse for the action things but a "sports" anime like Cross Game benefited from them skipping pretty much all the baseball (and I love baseball)

Branduil

Mawaru-Penguindrum: The Murder of Penguin 0: This played out a lot like an Un-Go episode without all the depressing bits. It's also great to have Kanba acting on his more womaniser-side. That part of his character is almost entirely relegated to Penguin 1 in the actual show.

What is this?

We should start using these so that it's easier to tell other people which shows are good and which are flat-chested tier.

I think measuring shows in EF u's could really catch on.

Arguing in the animu thread is usually so redundant. This is why I just stop when I get tired of it.

Sometimes arguing can be fun, but only up to a certain point. I only have one person in all of GAF on my Ignore List, and its an Animu-Gaffer. Adding just this one person on my Ignore List has made everything glorious and :cajun.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We should start using these so that it's easier to tell other people which shows are good and which are flat-chested tier.

EFUs need more study. Too much over a sustained period can render a man's psyche damaged beyond any hope of salvation. An acceptable range perhaps.

cajunator

Banned
Life should be measured in squeenits.

Also how cheap is this? My company gave the new guy a Christmas stocking.
They cut the name out of it from the guy who left and stapled an index card in the hole with new guy's name written on it.

Branduil

Life should be measured in squeenits.

Also how cheap is this? My company gave the new guy a Christmas stocking.
They cut the name out of it from the guy who left and stapled an index card in the hole with new guy's name written on it.

It sounds like your life should be a depressing slice-of-life anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom