• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Well, it's a start.

empirical-fun-units.png

HHHNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHPOTATOES

Infinite Stratos 1:

The opening mecha fight before the OP was really awesome. The rest of the episode, not so much.

All this time, I certain that Guity Crown would absolutely be the dumbest thing I would see this year. Then I watched this episode. In one single episode, this show has managed to surpass the entirety of GC in sheer epic dumbness. This show is unrelentingly dumb. It's like they took ordinary, impure dumb and distilled into a 100% pure form of dumb. It's the purest form of dumb I've ever experienced. It's not ironically dumb, or offensively dumb, or even so dumb it becomes awesome. It's 100% pure dumb.

My God is this show dumb. I have to watch another episode just to verify that this isn't a fluke, and it's really going to continue to be as dumb as it seems to be in the first episode.

Infinite Stratos 1:

The opening mecha fight before the OP was really awesome. The rest of the episode, not so much.

All this time, I certain that Guity Crown would absolutely be the dumbest thing I would see this year. Then I watched this episode. In one single episode, this show has managed to surpass the entirety of GC in sheer epic dumbness. This show is unrelentingly dumb. It's like they took ordinary, impure dumb and distilled into a 100% pure form of dumb. It's the purest form of dumb I've ever experienced. It's not ironically dumb, or offensively dumb, or even so dumb it becomes awesome. It's 100% pure dumb.

My God is this show dumb. I have to watch another episode just to verify that this isn't a fluke, and it's really going to continue to be as dumb as it seems to be in the first episode.

Just make sure to not drop it, don't miss the Char episodes!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What if I told you that it gets worse? Much worse.

Chihayafuru 09
Not really a lot to say about this show. It's still really good, and the show is doing a good job of properly developing characters based on their interactions with one another. The lack of diversity in music is beginning to bug me, because it seems to reduce a lot of emotional moments in the show by making it seem like they happen on a regular basis.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Infinite Stratos 1:

Embrace the horror.

Infinite Stratos 2:

Based on my back-of-the-nearest-envelope calculations, I can infer the overall Dumb Index of this show. Keep in mind that it was a very small envelope, so I had to abbreviate the calculations to some extent.

Nevertheless, I believe my calculations are accurate. The results just don't make sense. According to my calculations, the sheer mass of Dumb in IS is such that it should have undergone gravitational collapse into a black hole and destroyed the Earth. However, we are all still clearly all here! Therefore I have to reluctantly believe that the relative mass of Dumb is somehow being offset by an opposing force. In that sense I believe that if Dumb is like matter in our Universe, then Awesome Mecha Fight must be like dark matter. In other words, the only thing saving this show from destroying the Earth is that it has really awesome and well-animated mecha fights.

According to the PV for the next episode, this show somehow manages to fit in TWO childhood friend characters into one harem. I'm not sure if I like the implications for my calculations of the Dumb:Awesome Mecha Fight ratio. If D becomes significantly greater than AMF, the destruction of the Earth becomes inevitable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In other words, the only thing saving this show from destroying the Earth is that it has really awesome and well-animated mecha fights.
Are you sure you're watching Infinite Stratos? You know when a little kid takes action figures and mashes them together to make them fight? That's what I remember the mech stuff being like in IS, only with CG robots.

Infinite Stratos 3:

This episode did not contain a mecha fight. The D:AMF ratio is dangerously close to the Dumb Event Horizon, the point at which the destruction of the Earth is inevitable!

Fortunately, the PV for the next episode implies the fight that starts at the end of this episode will be animated in the next episode. The Earth is saved! Probably.

Speaking of voices I recognize, this show seems to have many of them.
Houki - Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama)
Rin - Asami Shimoda (Mami and Ami Futami)
Cecilia - Yukana
Laura - Marina Inoue

and of course,
Charlotte - Kana Hanazawa

How this show somehow failed to have Rie Kugimiya in it's voice cast is a failure I cannot comprehend.

Infinite Stratos 3:

This episode did not contain a mecha fight. The D:AMF ratio is dangerously close to the Dumb Event Horizon, the point at which the destruction of the Earth is inevitable!

Fortunately, the PV for the next episode implies the fight that starts at the end of this episode will be animated in the next episode. The Earth is saved! Probably.

Speaking of voices I recognize, this show seems to have many of them.
Houki - Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama)
Rin - Asami Shimoda (Mami and Ami Futami)
Cecilia - Yukana
Laura - Marina Inoue

and of course,
Charlotte - Kana Hanazawa

How this show somehow failed to have Rie Kugimiya in it's voice cast is a failure I cannot comprehend.
While almost the entire female cast is tsundere, none of them are lolis or pseudololis, so who would she voice?

Defuser

Chihayafuru ep10
Taichi is the boss. Really knows how to lead people. Anymore awesomeness from him I've to jump to Team Taichi instead of Arata.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ro Kyu Bu: The Power of Feminism

Good thing search is still disabled.

fate/zero - 4

That was pretty good.
Liked the fight between Lancer and Saber but I wish they'd talked less all throughout. Rider's appearance at the end was a total cockblock but Rider is awesome so it doesn't matter, I guess - Waver's face at the end was priceless.

Sorry it's too late to get on the Fate train. Train is full.

Ezalc

Infinite Stratos 1:

I don't know if you're planning on watching the whole thing, but if you aren't then at least get to episode 6.

Articalys

Here's an article actually, y'know, explaining what's going on there in English.

Heartcatch Precure Film Nominated for Kidscreen Awards
Toei Animation's Heart Catch Pretty Cure! The Movie: Fashion Show in Paris! (Heartcatch Precure! Hana no Miyako de Fashion Show…Desu ka!? ) film has been nominated for next year's Kidscreen Awards. The magical girl film is competing in the Best One-Off, Special, or TV Movie for Kids category with Wapos Bay Productions' Wapos Bay: Long Goodbyes and Dreamgarden/Moonscoop's ZhuZhu Pets, Quest for Zhu.

Kidscreen, the American trade magazine on global children's entertainment, will host the awards ceremony during its Kidscreen Summit event on February 9 in New York City. After a panel of judges determined the nominees in the Programming categories, a second round of judges will determine the winners.

The film is a spinoff from the popular Heartcatch Precure! anime, the seventh television series in the magical girl franchise. It opened in Japan on October 30, 2010 and eventually earned 900 million yen or about US$10.9 million at the Japanese box office.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not Really Working'!! 08:

Poor Katanashi. I know that feeling when your little sister grows taller than you, feels bad man :(

Soma is so sinister tearing people apart but helping them back up before starting the process all over again, but its a moe kind of sinister. Being Inami is always cute. Being Yamada is always suffering.

For a show generally upbeat and happy go lucky,
the pseudo-netorare in this series is hilarious. Katanashi getting all jelly is adorable.

scy

Don't break Hare's heart! She wants you so much!

ix8xc.gif

...I really don't remember her being that uh ... "memorable" in, what, Episode 3?

The fact that this reminded me I have some GC catching up to do is possibly the saddest thing to come out of today.

Gintamen

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
...I really don't remember her being that uh ... "memorable" in, what, Episode 3?

The fact that this reminded me I have some GC catching up to do is possibly the saddest thing to come out of today.

Yeah. When girls in anime put bikinis on, they grow 3 sizes. It's some kind of law.

See also:

Konoe_massive_growth.jpg

scy

Yeah. When girls in anime put bikinis on, they grow 3 sizes. It's some kind of law.

See also:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RurouniZel/Konoe_massive_growth.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Three may be an understatement here. I had forgotten how bad it was in Mayo Chiki but I think I was too focused on the overall package (that is, "How the fuck do you think that's a guy?").

[quote="Dresden, post: 33257483"]The ancient art of bindings![/QUOTE]

Truly a mystical and magical art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom