• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Trojita said:
There making a Maji de Watashi anime? WTF at that art.

I'm going to watch all of the anime this season that anime-GAF hates. I REGRET NOTHING.
So everything? Good luck catching up on the ones continuing from next season then.

Jexhius said:
People actually dislike Gintama? Who? That's one of those things that I don't remember anyone disliking.

Again, plenty of people dislike it. They're just mostly outisde of animegaf because only the Shounenbros knew about it here until recently. It's among the most popular series both in and out of Japan, so of course it will get some hate.

NewFresh

HanIro Ep.25

Now, after seeing how good this episode was, I'm even more excited for the final episode.

ED music was amazing as well

e_i

Dedication Through Light said:
Thats a great move and even on Blu-ray too, they are probably more likely than NISA to even dub it with the voice actors. Hopefully they give a special edition with some tangible bonuses.

Sentai doesn't put anything on Blu-ray without a dub. They have said no subbed only Blu-rays.

firehawk12 said:
Gintama isn't popular though. Heck, they keep shitting on how unpopular they are compared to the "real" shounen shows!

Sorachi is in the top 7 most paid mangaka in Japan thanks to Gintama and I'm fairly certain the anime gets good ratings. Yeah, it's no One Piece, but that more than quadruples the number 2 spot, so no competition there. Just being a long running series from Weekly Shounen Jump puts it leagues ahead of every obscure monocle series mentioned in here in terms of popularity (or anything talked about in here really).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cosmicblizzard said:
Sorachi is in the top 7 most paid mangaka in Japan thanks to Gintama and I'm fairly certain the anime gets good ratings. Yeah, it's no One Piece, but that more than quadruples the number 2 spot, so no competition there. Just being a long running series from Weekly Shounen Jump puts it leagues ahead of every obscure monocle series mentioned in here in terms of popularity (or anything talked about in here really).

It's also pretty much better than every obscure monocle series too.

The anime sells extremely well unlike the other long running WSJ titles. I guess because it's actually legitimately great on its own merits.

Articalys

Right then, have your late Saimoe junk for the day.
C3
1st 315 Elsea De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows
2nd 271 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
3rd 49 Hotori Arashiyama @ Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru

D3
1st 222 Last Order @ A Certain Magical Index
2nd 220 Nao Takanashi @ Onii-chan No Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!
3rd 180 Isana Tachibana @ Yumekui Merry

Articalys said:

Elsea still doing her thing.

cosmicblizzard said:

darkside31337 said:
It's also pretty much better than every obscure monocle series too.

The anime sells extremely well unlike the other long running WSJ titles. I guess because it's actually legitimately great on its own merits.

you two seemed annoyed. :p

darkside31337 said:
With what?

It's certainly the best shounen series ever made. Hard to compare apple to oranges though.

I love Gintama, but you need to watch/read more shounen. I will stand by my opinion that it falls squarely in mid-tier.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Articalys said:

Yuno gonna win it all this year for the large BMI moe girls.

cosmicblizzard said:
I love Gintama, but you need to watch/read more shounen. I will stand by my opinion that it falls squarely in mid-tier.

vDXaO.gif

You had it in the same tier as Bleach. Bleach.

I can't stand shounen in general. Gintama is the glorious exception.

darkside31337 said:
You had it in the same tier as Bleach. Bleach.

I can't stand shounen in general. Gintama is the glorious exception.

If you say so. Seems non-shounen fans (at least here) gravitate to it, which is ironic since it clearly assumes the viewer has a ton of knowledge about the genre and is a fan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cosmicblizzard said:
If you say so. Seems non-shounen fans (at least here) gravitate to it, which is ironic since it clearly assumes the viewer has a ton of knowledge about the genre and is a fan.

I've seen and read plenty of it. I kind of loathe Shounen. Which is one of the reasons I absolutely love Gintama.

survivor

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Out of curiosity, what shounen manga do you consider top-tier?

Lain

Trojita said:
There making a Maji de Watashi anime? WTF at that art.

I'm going to watch all of the anime this season that anime-GAF hates. I REGRET NOTHING.
I hope the game's translation gets done soon, I want to play it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm a vegetarian but would totally devour a Squid Girl taco if it meant I never had to hear another terrible pun for the rest of my life.

Dedication Through Light said:
Akira Amano gets no love.

Reborn would be high-end of mid-tier if it wasn't overflowing with wasted potential. Future arc was a string of awesome stuff being set up and then either being ignored or extremely underwhelming. 25 y.o. Lambo needs to show up more.

It has gotten much better though. Shimon arc was great.

cosmicblizzard said:
Reborn would be high-end of mid-tier if it wasn't overflowing with wasted potential. Future arc was a string of awesome stuff being set up and then either being ignored or extremely underwhelming. 25 y.o. Lambo needs to show up more.

It has gotten much better though. Shimon arc was great.

I agree with needing more 25 year-old Lambo.

Obviously.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
darkside31337 said:
No longer impressed until somebody figures out USA moe.
It could easily be done using outlandish frilly dresses, like the rest of the countries that have been moeified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom