• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
just to piss off Dresden, Im gonna watch them 2 eroge adaptations and some "haremshit" this season.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Unlike the false idol Star Driver, I expect Guilty Crown to deliver in the tradition of fine shows like Garzey's Wing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
EmmanuelMunoz said:
Its not Working or Working!!

It's Working'!!
This is one of those cases where I would rather people misspelled the title.

bluestuff

As someone who has always had a mild interest in anime, and has watched a recommended series here and there, these threads/trailers don't inspire any confidence in me watching these shows.

Ezalc

bluestuff said:
As someone who has always had a mild interest in anime, and has watched a recommended series here and there, these threads/trailers don't inspire any confidence in me watching these shows.

Nobody here has any confidence either except for maybe GC because of it's FABULOUS potential.

trejo

bluestuff said:
This is the thread you want.

Soi-Fong said:
Guilty Crown and P4!!! Why are people downing P4?
No Charlie no sale.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
bluestuff said:
There isn't too much to be had, but there's been good stuff this year already, some continuing into this season.

Geneijin

bluestuff said:
And you should keep doing so. Let others suffer first.

Frosteey said:
Did Broken Blade ever go anywhere? The first one was like, a little interesting but boring at the same time.
Original ending for the anime.

LordCanti

EmmanuelMunoz said:
http://i.imgur.com/8pUMS.gif
All put together
for maximum Shoma beatdown!

jzkyG.gif

Branduil

PdotMichael said:
The Usagi Drop manga is alot better than the anime, because it is more than just cute slice of life stuff.

disgusting.jpg

There's nothing inherently wrong with "cute slice of life stuff," especially if it's as well-written, directed, and animated as Usagi Drop is.

Sophia

Soi-Fong said:
Guilty Crown and P4!!! Why are people downing P4?

That I'm not sure. I was skeptical of the director, but the previews have been pretty awesome so far.

Guilty Crown looks boss, and Fate/Zero is Nasu/Gen, so I must watch. Also: WORKING’!!

Dynedom

Branduil said:
Well if Sawako was anything like Ringo the show sure would be a lot shorter.

It's an interesting parallel if anything.
Ringo's hijinks bring out the psychotic tendencies in her. Sawako's bring out the psychotic tendencies of her audience.

Spoiler tags for those who aren't on board the Penguin train yet.

Jex

Hitokage said:
Unlike the false idol Star Driver, I expect Guilty Crown to deliver in the tradition of fine shows like Garzey's Wing.
Well that isn't too hard, because Star Driver is just dull most of the the time.

Jex

As for the upcoming season, I expect nothing but generic blandness from most of these shows.

Which is the worst insult I can dull out. Nothing worse than being boring.

Sophia

Jexhius said:
As for the upcoming season, I expect nothing but generic blandness from most of these shows.

Which is the worst insult I can dull out. Nothing worse than being boring.

Oh come on, it can't possibly be as bad as Blood-C last season, can it? :p

Jex

rainking187 said:
Just Persona 4, Working and Squid Girl for me.
Jintor said:
Persona 4 the Animation will rock though. But I also fit into all of the categories you mentioned, so...
ninj4junpei said:
Persona 4 will be awesome. It has to be. :( God, this season truly looks awful.
It's beautiful that you all believe.

Branduil

jintor said:
I hope never to get hit by
Usagi Drop
manga spoilers because by all accounts it retroactively ruins the series
:T
Not at all, you just have to remember that
the manga doesn't exist.

Jex

Marrshu said:
Oh come on, it can't possibly be as bad as Blood-C last season, can it? :p
If we get another Blood-C I'd be pretty damn happy. That show is made of hilarity and squishy organs.

Shouta

Hrm, doesn't look like anything I'd really be interested in aside from P4, Unicorn and maybe Guilty Crown.

Jex

Marrshu said:
Wait. Guilty Crown's a two-cour show? Fuck yes!
It's disappointing really. I mean, what are the kind of shows to get two or more cours these days? Idolm@ster? Guilty Crown? Shiki? All the best shows are one cour!

(Okay, so Kaiji and Penguin Drum exist but they are the exceptions!)

Sophia

Jexhius said:
It's disappointing really. I mean, what are the kind of shows to get two or more cours these days? Idolm@ster? Guilty Crown? Shiki? All the best shows are one cour!

(Okay, so Kaiji and Penguin Drum exist but they are the exceptions!)

I have low expectations of one-cour shows after Blood-C's spending five episodes going nowhere, and spending five more episodes going nowhere with hilarious squishy organs. *shrugs*

trejo

Geneijin said:
Bad example. We aren't talking about Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi.
No fair, you edited!

Nekogami wasn't a bad show it was just utterly dull and unengaging. Which is even worse, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom