• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Miri said:
Yeah, that series was about as earnest in its nonsense as you can get. They really weren't trolling, yet we all got trolled. Masterful?

I'd ask someone to explain to me what the fuck happened with that story but I honestly don't care. I invested into it twice (the second time with someone else and he still hasn't forgiven me for subjecting him to it).

Jex

jman2050 said:
The king is still Geass. Don't let recency bias cloud your judgment.
I don't know, this will built from the ground up for this purpose. Day one intent and all that.

Dynedom

Jexhius said:
I don't know, this will built from the ground up for this purpose. Day one intent and all that.

Which is why this is more glorious. GEASS was something that aimed for one thing and fell apart at the seams.

Blood-C has been consistent and well-directed towards a set goal from the start. It's admirable/terrifying.

Articalys

Like I mentioned before, Blood-C has (temporarily, at least) completely ruined the meaning of the word "protect" here on Anime-GAF.
Not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, just a thing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If you haven't watched Blood-c you haven't lived.

I will never doubt Production IG again.

I will never doubt CLAMP again.

I will never doubt anime again.

Geass / Blood-C aren't comparable though, Geass was truly glorious. Blood-c was aiming to be a cheap pretender of something that wasn't pretending yet somehow became more real than what it was aiming for. Truly the power of Saya.

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C Episode 1

I enjoyed that :(

On a side note: I've been suffering from back pain all day (pulled my back earlier). After the episode finished I realized the pain was gone......

iavi

Dynedom said:
I'd ask someone to explain to me what the fuck happened with that story but I honestly don't care. I invested into it twice (the second time with someone else and he still hasn't forgiven me for subjecting him to it).

Ha, get on my level. I've seen it three times through, with a partial fourth viewing that was going on till my partner for that viewing said no more. I still don't have a clue. It truly is the work of art that's yet to be cracked.

Don't get on my level. Save yourself :(

Reknoc

Takao said:
As I posted in the announcement thread, Sentai has confirmed they'll be doing a simulcast of Persona 4: The Animation on The Anime Network, Hulu, and Hulu Plus starting October 6 at 3PM EDT.

More importantly it seems they're simulcasting Horizon as well... if you live in the US I guess.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wait so Blood-C was good? You guys were making it sound like shit at the beginning of the season.

Uchip

Banned
blood-c end
what a joke.
The irony is that even when the characters arent acting, they're still so very fake.
The budget seemed less like a poor student work this time and closer to an actual show but everything still looked like it was made out of clay. At least we got to see them all die... again? its like they know their target audience is gore fans, but they cant even hold that end of the deal up and use giant black censor bars even in the final episode.

I dont expect much from the movie
3/10

Trojita said:
Wait so Blood-C was good? You guys were making it sound like shit at the beginning of the season.

I assure you they are joking around

Geneijin

Uchip said:
blood-c end
what a joke.
The irony is that even when the characters arent acting, they're still so very fake.
The budget seemed less like a poor student work this time and closer to an actual show but everything still looked like it was made out of clay. At least we got to see them all die... again? its like they know their target audience is gore fans, but they cant even hold that end of the deal up and use giant black censor bars even in the final episode.

I dont expect much from the movie
3/10
The finale was low budget to you?

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
The finale was low budget to you?

no
i said it was normal budget, on par with something like an episode of sacred seven
hell, the first half of the episode was just slow panning shots with people talking or being talked to, so its not like they werent skimping either.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In truth Blood-C isn't very good at all.

But if I had to pick one anime series from the Summer season that any anime fan should watch it is most certainly Blood-C. Definitely the most memorable series and arguably the most entertaining series for a whole bunch of reasons.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
no
i said it was normal budget, on par with something like an episode of sacred seven
hell, the first half of the episode was just slow panning shots with people talking or being talked to, so its not like they werent skimping either.
You do know Sacred Seven doesn't have a normal budget, right? A lot of shows would be jealous to have such a budget.

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
You do know Sacred Seven doesn't have a normal budget, right? A lot of shows would be jealous to have such a budget.

True
but the animation and detail of blood-c is clearly lacking in every episode
it reminded me of those naruto fights where they cut down on detail so that they can add a few extra frames of animation

darkside31337 said:
In truth Blood-C isn't very good at all.

But if I had to pick one anime series from the Summer season that any anime fan should watch it is most certainly Blood-C. Definitely the most memorable series and arguably the most entertaining series for a whole bunch of reasons.

Blood-C is better than Usagi Drop or Penguindrum?

What is this Bizzaro World?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
PdotMichael said:
Blood-C is better than Usagi Drop or Penguindrum?

What is this Bizzaro World?

Did you miss the part where I said it wasn't very good at all :(

I have found it more entertaining though than Penguindrum thus far. Doesn't mean it's a better show.

Uchip

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Did you miss the part where I said it wasn't very good at all :(

I have found it more entertaining though than Penguindrum thus far. Doesn't mean it's a better show.

disasters can be entertaining to watch of course

Risette

A Good Citizen
Uchip said:
True
it reminded me of those naruto fights where they cut down on detail so that they can add a few extra frames of animation
:\

Geneijin

Uchip said:
True
Every episode including the finale?

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
Every episode including the finale?

there was more action for sure
i wouldn't say any of it was particularly well animated
and half the time i couldn't tell if it was because there were bars blocking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom