• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

Steroyd said:
Uh oh, in less than 24 hours that anime will be airing, I-it's to soon, I'm not ready.

And because there are a few that anime's this season let me clarify.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/Come-at-me.gif[/][/QUOTE]

Smash it's face in!

iavi

...Fuck. You just forced me to watch the show. I told myself that I was easing my way into retirement this season, but I can't resist. That gif is too much.

E: I take that back. My resolve is stronger than this.

Steroyd said:
It took you 214 episodes to realise this?

I am disappoint.

There's a few high-tier arcs here and there, but the show overall was always mid-tier for me. This arc however was god-tier and therefore brought the entire show up a tier. Among the best anime anything I've seen all year. For reference, my rankings for what I've seen are:

1. One Piece movie 10
2. Gintama 210-214
3. Sket Dance 24-25
4. Toriko whenever the GT Robo arc starts
5. Madoka 3-12

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Steroyd said:
Uh oh, in less than 24 hours that anime will be airing, I-it's to soon, I'm not ready.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/Come-at-me.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Awwwwww yeah. I'M LADY.

Steroyd said:

I can't believe I'm considering watching this. Is Anime-GAF corrupting me at last? Someone save me!

Instro

Steroyd said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/Come-at-me.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Get hype!
[QUOTE=EmmanuelMunoz]Ben-to[/QUOTE]
Aww yea

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some license announcements via ANN:

Sentai Filmworks announced at its Anime Weekend Atlanta panel on Friday that it has licensed the Towa no Quon film series, both seasons of The World God Only Knows, Akikan!, and And yet The Town Moves (Soredemo).

Jex

Steroyd said:

Come-at-me.gif
I'm so very ready. I'm pretty sure that nothing can shock me, at this point.

darkside31337 said:

Sentai Filmworks announced at its Anime Weekend Atlanta panel on Friday that it has licensed the Towa no Quon film series, both seasons of The World God Only Knows, Akikan!, and And yet The Town Moves (Soredemo).

Sentai is on a roll recently and i hope it works out for them.

e_i

darkside31337 said:

Akikan IS THE WORST SHIT EVER MADE. AVOID!

The World God Only Knows and Soredemo are awesome.

Articalys

How much does Sentai usually charge for 12-episode collections? Looking at their previous releases it looks like $30-35, is Soredemo worth that?

Proelite

Steroyd said:

Come-at-me.gif

What show is this.

darkside31337 said:

I guess they didnt say anything about the persona dub

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Infinite Justice said:
Wait they are considering not doing a english dub?

Interesting.

No I meant they're still trying to work on getting the original dub cast from the game for the anime.

I think it'll be dubbed either way. But obviously a lot of people want the actors from the game.

darkside31337 said:
No I meant they're still trying to work on getting the original dub cast from the game for the anime.

I think it'll be dubbed either way. But obviously a lot of people want the actors from the game.

Oh that. I thought they would ballsy enough to distribute in NA without a dub :p

The game dub seems to mean a lot to some fans so it should be interesting if they will do it (especially since the japanese version has the same voices from that version of the game)

Cwarrior

PdotMichael said:
Many complaint are just absurd

She don't died in the train

Your wrong
she did die on the train, she was already dead at the hospital(no pulse), but conveniently came back to life for one last incest moment.

He knew Momoka was one of the victim of the sarin attack

When was it said he knew momaka was one of the victims? did he memorize all of the victims names? and he hasn't know ringo for very long, all she said was "my sister died the day i was born, it's my fault", from that somehow his certain his parents killed momka and its his fault.

This is now just bullshit. It's like to say Planetes is bad because it's a sci-fi anime. Fate is the main theme of Penguindrum, if you don't like it, why are you watching it?

..I don't know how you got that from what I posted, my complaint wasn't about the shows theme, but the constant reminder with this fate gibberish every episode a lot of times multiple times, for 26 episode show there no need to constantly reminder and beat the viewer over the head, that fate is behind everything, 2 or 3 times enough we don't need it twice an episode (example the same ringo fate rant she keeps on saying)

PdotMichael said:
cwarrior for example

maybe he ist not sick but he makes me sick

Wait I make you sick cause am not willing to bend over for this famous anime guy?

Just to let gaf know unlike all you harden anime monocle veterans, any time incest comes up in an anime am watching I start to feel sick, so it would have gotten a vomit response anyways.

firehawk12 said:
Mayo Chiki 13: Huh... what a weird way to end a series. It's not an ending, a cliffhanger, or has anything to do with the harem... so I'm almost baffled at what they were trying to do by ending it with such a weird episode. It almost feels like a lost episode that they just threw in as a DVD extra rather than an episode of the series proper.

Anyhoo, along with some weird cameos from some bad animes such as
bad Aria and Kampfer's Natsuru
, this episode was littered with Danny Choo's girl:
http://i.imgur.com/7vR3j.jpg
It's weird how she just kept appearing over and over again in this two minute scene. Yuck.
I agree, it was a strange "ending", but it was an okay episode, for a harem show, so I didn't mind too much...

As for that girl, I don't go to Danny Choo's website, so I don't know her. He made a character or something?

Steroyd said:
Mayo Chiki - END...

Right, so either this show ended last week and I'm watching an OVA or this is a 24 episoder and I just don't know it yet.

It feels like the studio made a 12 episode series, and accidentally booked a 13 episode timeslot, much of this episode was full of fluff and was wierdly placed at the end.

2eann5x.jpg

I know these cameos. Oh god why!? T_T
Natsuru! And bad Aria, too... what, taunting us with the fact that those shows will probably never get the sequels they deserve? :(

On that note...
Mayo Chiki 13 - This was an okay episode. As everyone said this is in absolutely no way an ending, but oh well, at least it's an okay episode for the genre, on its own. This episode centers around the catgirl BL manga artist girl Nakuru. The first part is about her and her friends, getting ready for a BL manga show. She can be amusing, and is sometimes here. My favorite part of the episode might be those cosplay cameos though, that was good stuff even if it does make me wish for sequels, particularly for Kampfer. Oh well. It was kind of amusing that the catgirl actually does have a bunch of fans. Oh, and catgirl, little sister, and pink hair make an entertaining team, it almost makes pink hair's existence in the series worthwhile... Oh, Subaru and Suzutsuki just make cameos this time, but they are entertaining while there, Subaru particularly.

Also, we learn the truth about her cat ears --
they're fake.

Later in the episode though, the MC shows up, and as expected things go downhill a bit. It's still okay, but is even more generic and predictable. Oh anime logic... the mental contortions that it would take to come up with catgirl's explanation for why she wants him to do what she wants him to is pretty ridiculous.
Essentially, Nakuru wants the MC to not be attracted to her when she presses herself against him, and not fall in love with her on sight because of her big breasts, because she decided that she'd dedicate her high school life to writing BL manga and nothing else, but she's been confessed to by one random guy and now is having disturbing thoughts about boys and such that she thinks that plan can expunge.
... Yeah, it doesn't make much more sense in the show either. It kind of works thanks to the MC's problem, but then she does some very moe things (her glasses fall off, she leans forward to search around for them, etc), and it almost falls apart... not quite though.
It ends with her running off and him going after her carrying all of the stuff she left behind, the end.

I thought the ending was okay. Sure, it's not an ending to the series in any way, but it's a decently expected end to a generic harem show episode, which this is. This sure seems like an episode made in the hopes that there'll be another season, though... ep. 12 was much more of an ending than this. I wonder why they put this at the end, it's not like there was anything in it tying it to the previous story arc.

Finally, with this, now at least three, and perhaps all, of the girls have been clearly shown to like the MC. It's becoming more and more of a real harem show all the time.
Pink hair, catgirl, and Subaru clearly like him. Suzutsuki... I'm not sure, if what she said in ep. 12 was genuine she does, but otherwise, or if she was lying there, who knows. And as for the little sister, she clearly cares for him a lot and is possessive of him, but I'm not sure if there's any romantic love there, if there is it hasn't been shown. Given that this is anime I kind of expect there to be, but if there is they haven't gone there yet, they've just shown how she's violently possessive of him. She probably is yandere like someone said, isn't she.

In conclusion... Suzutsuki > Subaru > Nakuru > little sister > pink hair. If little sister does not in fact romantically love her brother, though, move her up a spot. As for the MC, he'd either go last or maybe just above pink hair.

Mayo Chiki 13(END?)

That ... wasn't awful, but I do question why?

Why was the catgirl episode the last episode?
Why did they ignore everything that happened the past 4 episodes?
Why did this show start so good, only to end like a generic harem?
Why does it feel like the show shouldn't be over?

The Aria/Kampfer joke cameos were kinda funny too.

Uchip

Banned
Jexhius said:
There's actual logical plot reasons, no really. It also ties into authorial intent. It's quite the neat package.

its like
a poorly written 'The Truman Show' fan-fiction.

Steroyd said:

Come-at-me.gif

last few frames
he(?) has two mouths
cannot unsee

MotionBlue said:
Mayo Chiki 13(END?)

That ... wasn't awful, but I do question why?

Why was the catgirl episode the last episode?
Why did they ignore everything that happened the past 4 episodes?
Why did this show start so good, only to end like a generic harem?
Why does it feel like the show shouldn't be over?

The Aria/Kampfer joke cameos were kinda funny too.
First question - Who knows. This episode probably should have gone somewhere in the middle of the series, not at the end. It certainly could fit anywhere after her introduction.

Second question - Because they think the show's better ending on a generic harem episode note, I guess? Because they're trying to say that they want a second season, to do more episodes like this one, only to then get one and make more bad drama episodes? I don't know, it is kind of odd, but oh well.

Third - That really is the question of the show, no question. And it is disappointing for sure.

Fourth - Because the "last" episode has absolutely no shred of an ending in it, I presume?

I'm not going to say I actually want this show to continue, I would be just fine if it doesn't, but the creators sure do seem to be pushing for a sequel. I'd rather see folloups to bad Aria and Kampfer (especially Kampfer) than Mayo Chiki 2, though... which means that probably we'll be seeing Mayo Chiki 2 sometime in the future, but never those others. Oh well....

Erigu

[Mawaru-Penguindrum]
Cwarrior said:
Your wrong
she did die on the train, she was already dead at the hospital(no pulse), but conveniently came back to life for one last incest moment.
While it's true that she flatlined twice in that episode, both times were at the hospital.

When was it said he knew momaka was one of the victims?
Last week.

That being said...
THEORY TIME!
Masako's memory-altering balls apparently come from the organization that carried out the attacks (the same one Kanba is apparently now working for in order to keep the house) -> what if they used the same weapon for the attacks? Maybe Momoka's body wasn't found because she survived but wasn't quite "herself" anymore, and grew up to become an actress?

all she said was "my sister died the day i was born, it's my fault", from that somehow his certain his parents killed momka and its his fault.
She said Momoka was a victim of "that incident" 16 years ago / in 1995, and Shôma knew his parents were responsible for the 1995 attacks.
I really don't see the problem, here.

Cwarrior

Erigu said:
[Mawaru-Penguindrum]

While it's true that she flatlined twice in that episode, both times were at the hospital.

Last week.

That being said...
THEORY TIME!
Masako's memory-altering balls apparently come from the organization that carried out the attacks (the same one Kanba is apparently now working for in order to keep the house) -> what if they used the same weapon for the attacks? Maybe Momoka's body wasn't found because she survived but wasn't quite "herself" anymore, and grew up to become an actress?

She said Momoka was a victim of "that incident" 16 years ago / in 1995, and Shôma knew his parents were responsible for the 1995 attacks.
I really don't see the problem, here.

Your right she does say "that incident" the day i was born, she died.

duckroll

trejo said:
If it's the present that means she
already regenerated like, half her face

It's a flashback, look at her clothing. It's the same school uniform she wore in the flashback scenes in the TV series.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
IkuharagonnaIkuhara 12: My mind is full of fuck. And wow at that scene toward the end,
the totally incestuous one I mean. That was crazy passionate for a scene like that, I thought we were waiting for a 2nd OreImo season for this kind of shit. :p I kid I kid, but daaaaamn, get a room you two. Oh wait, she's dead again, that'd be even grosser! >>

Mayo Chiki 13: Bonus episode about the megane cow? No thanks. Seriously I hate the monster-boobed one note wonder. The animation of running up the staircase was really nice though; I love when they hand-animate the backgrounds well. ^_^ And the pink one is much cuter without the boots tbh. And then she was sprayed with white stuff. Yeah.

It's like several parts of this episode were designed to "inspire" doujin.

Well whatever, I will give the cow a little credit in that she understood full well that the only possible reason someone would ask her out was her boobs. But then she lost all credit I gave when she said she heard boobs get smaller when they're groped. I mean, just... wow. Dumb as a cow. That's what surgery is for! (I actually have a friend who did this. Naturally I was a bit disappointed as she had the most perfect set of 36Cs, but she's super happy about it so more power to her!) Though I have to admit I loved the "Come at me, bro!" translation. Very nice addition.

Instro

Cwarrior said:
Now how do i register a nickname on irc useing chatzilla.

I get to "REGISTER password email" type in something like this "REGISTER pass123 email123@hotmail.com"

the nothing just cannot send to channel

/msg NickServ REGISTER password email

confirm in your email then when joining the channel:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password

alternatively you can go into your preferences and add the identify line as an auto script which makes it easier.

/msg nickserv register etc

And yes, you can go into Chatzilla preferences to automate the login side of it. Just add that above line in the "lists" tab on the server (Rizon)'s part of the preferences screen, minus the / (as it says, not needed there). I'd definitely automate it, it'd be annoying to have to manually log in each time.
RuroniZel said:
Mayo Chiki 13: Bonus episode about the megane cow? No thanks. Seriously I hate the monster-boobed one note wonder. The animation of running up the staircase was really nice though; I love when they hand-animate the backgrounds well. ^_^ And the pink one is much cuter without the boots tbh. And then she was sprayed with white stuff. Yeah.

It's like several parts of this episode were designed to "inspire" doujin.
What's so bad about the catgirl? She's kind of amusing, and sure, she often is a generic harem character, but at least she's better than the other such character, pink hair... she's funnier and more entertaining, and her episode was actually decent.

Well whatever, I will give the cow a little credit in that she understood full well that the only possible reason someone would ask her out was her boobs. But then she lost all credit I gave when she said she heard boobs get smaller when they're groped. I mean, just... wow. Dumb as a cow. That's what surgery is for! (I actually have a friend who did this. Naturally I was a bit disappointed as she had the most perfect set of 36Cs, but she's super happy about it so more power to her!) Though I have to admit I loved the "Come at me, bro!" translation. Very nice addition.
This is anime, logic does not apply. That is, yes that was stupid, but no stupider than a lot of other things in that episode, such as the things I listed in my review, or the infamous clothing-removal scene from episode 1, etc etc. Now, that doesn't mean I like it -- I don't, I thought that they did overdo the forced moe. But unfortunately, the fans apparently want to see that kind of thing, and having the girls in these shows act completely stupidly is expected, so in the stereotypes went.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A Black Falcon said:
What's so bad about the catgirl? She's kind of amusing, and sure, she often is a generic harem character, but at least she's better than the other such character, pink hair... she's funnier and more entertaining, and her episode was actually decent.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure myself what it is about her that just rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. I'm going to just chalk this one up to irrational, unjustified dislike. I think it's because every other word out of her mouth was "megane" a lot of the time. Pink one was annoying, but at least spoke about other topics from time to time, so I gave her idiocy slightly more leeway.

A Black Falcon said:
This is anime, logic does not apply. That is, yes that was stupid, but no stupider than a lot of other things in that episode, such as the things I listed in my review, or the infamous clothing-removal scene from episode 1, etc etc. Now, that doesn't mean I like it -- I don't, I thought that they did overdo the forced moe. But unfortunately, the fans apparently want to see that kind of thing, and having the girls in these shows act completely stupidly is expected, so in the stereotypes went.

True, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I think it's because I watched this after Penguindrum that I was trying to think while watching. An obvious mistake, I shall not repeat it again. XD

Cwarrior

Instro said:
/msg NickServ REGISTER password email

confirm in your email then when joining the channel:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password

alternatively you can go into your preferences and add the identify line as an auto script which makes it easier.

am not getting my confirm code sent to my email, I asked it to resend it by typeing"/msg NickServ Resend" it say then "Cannot send mail now; please retry a little later."

Instro

Cwarrior said:
am not getting my confirm code sent to my email, I asked it to resend it by typeing"/msg NickServ Resend" it say then "Cannot send mail now; please retry a little later."
Assuming you're email was correct, and its not getting messed up by a spam filter or something, maybe the registration thing is broken atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom