• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branduil said:
We can only hope it will live up to the last episode.

At the very least,
Saya will finally protect those black bars.

Too bad we won't get to see it until, like 2013.

I think they've all been protected.
Saya needs to protect "protect".

Branduil

cajunator said:
Nah I wont die. I haven't died yet and you guys know of my 90% moe collection. I can handle whatever Usagi Drop throws at me.

Probably.
Usagi Drop isn't really moe. It's more like what moe originally was before it got protected by repeated generations of otaku. So it's basically like the pure, undiluted version.

cajunator

Banned
Branduil said:
Usagi Drop isn't really moe. It's more like what moe originally was before it got protected by repeated generations of otaku. So it's basically like the pure, undiluted version.
As I have said numerous times before, my personal definition of "moe" is just "cute".
So yeah, Usagi Drop is moe to me.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Stating you dislike a show and here's why: fine

Stating you dislike a show with reasons that don't actually make sense: we might have an issue with those reasons!
Stop being so unreasonably reasonable.

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C 9

28vysr4.gif

Branduil

Erigu said:
[Mawaru-Penguindrum]

So is it safe to say the siblings' parents haven't been seen in real time because they've recently been arrested (or are now on the run), and the media picked up on it quite a bit?
-> The uncle saying they won't come back
-> Their first names were stricken off from the house plaque (common practice in cases like these, I believe?)
-> One of the victims' mother is familiar with the last name
-> The brothers hide their pictures when they have guests
(Possibly also the reason Himari stopped going to school? Ijime, too?)
Wow, I actually forgot about those two. Good points.

cajunator said:
As I have said numerous times before, my personal definition of "moe" is just "cute".

but, but... "moe" is otaku slang

lets have a discussion about moe and stuff!
or not

Jex

cajunator said:
Aren't there enough of those?
Yeah but if they make a hundred, by the law of averages, one will be well made with a great story and excellent writing!

*checks*

Or not....

Jex

cajunator said:
Either use words which have a specific (or general) meaning that isn't covered by the English language or just use English.

penguins 12

meh episode.
himaris 2nd death really didnt do anything for me
aside from that, im also getting sick of the cardboard background people. this show has such amazing background art and we have floating people symbols pasted over them. it was weird at first but now its just incredibly annoying. looks cheap as hell

so ringo and shouma were born on the same day? also, during himaris flashback of the family during a few weeks ago, i could have sworn baby shouma was there. if thats true, it wouldnt make sense for the parents to still be around after they pulled off the attacks. or maybe it took the authorities a while to find out who they were i guess

Jex

Steroyd said:
It's certainly something that needs to be experienced.
That's a pretty honest explanation. Blood-C is an experience that we all need to have. Not too often though.

Novid

Banned
Jexhius said:
That's a pretty honest explanation. Blood-C is an experience that we all need to have. Not too often though.

I cant believe sony gave clamp the cash to even do blood-c after that better than expected blood 52.

Jex

M_Night said:
Blood-C 7

Why doesn't she just enter that red eye mode from the start and kick the crap out of these things? Why wait until she's pretty much half dead?

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!
There's actual logical plot reasons, no really. It also ties into authorial intent. It's quite the neat package.

Steroyd

cajunator said:

Surely there has to be a distinction somewhere, otherwise I may as well use my baka engrish like my fellow nakama.

You may as well replace the word moe with kawaii.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
There's actual logical plot reasons, no really. It also ties into authorial intent. It's quite the neat package.
There's a reason I'm calling it an intentional unintentional black comedy.

gunbo13

cajunator said:
Also, the word "urusai" should be fucking banned from anime.
Don't worry, Shana 3 is next month.
Jexhius said:
I'll see how that plays out by sampling episodes 1-2. But I did watch 7 episodes of dark rabbit...sorry dad.

Jex

gunbo13 said:
I'll see how that plays out by sampling episodes 1-2. But I did watch 7 episodes of dark rabbit...sorry dad.
The creators of Blood C have a particular viewpoint, one that does not become apparent until a certain point in the series (see how vague I'm being), which means that certain parts of the show are deceptive and non-indicative of the shows actual thrust.

NewFresh

gunbo13 said:
Just watch the show and avoid spoilers. The series needs to be completed to be appreciated

Steroyd

gunbo13 said:

And to this day, I still hate myself for watching too much of that show.

iavi

effingvic said:
aside from that, im also getting sick of the cardboard background people. this show has such amazing background art and we have floating people symbols pasted over them. it was weird at first but now its just incredibly annoying. looks cheap as hell

I've been lazy about getting an impressions post up, but this is a point that I wanted to echo. The use of the cardboard cutouts during the
TabukixRail-line incident
really sapped the scene of all its tension. Horrible design choice there. Absolutely horrible. Not even the scenery shots, and musical accompaniment could save it.

That's not my biggest nick with the ep either, but I'll get around to airing opinions later... maybe.

Branduil

Oh right, I never posted my Blood-C review here.
I don't know if there's ever been a series this fully committed to its theme of total misanthropy. I mean the last episode really left no doubt to how much CLAMP despises humanity. I had thought before this that Arjuna was the most misanthropic anime series in existence, but it has nothing on this. Arjuna hates people, but it also wants them to learn, in an incredibly ham-fisted way. CLAMP has no interest in us learning anything. They just wants us to know how much they hate us.

Gintama 210-214

Wow.... I'm speechless. This... I have seen the error of my ways. Gintama is no longer qualified for mid-tier. It has entered high-tier and won't go any lower.

Everything was amazing. This had the making of an end-game arc without actually being one. Fantastic new characters, the mass return of old ones, enemies becoming allies, allies becoming enemies, heartwarming monologues, excellent use of music, and best of all, insane fight scenes.

Pirako and Jirocho are incredible characters. Would take too long to talk about the characters themselves so I'll just say Pirako has awesome dead eyes. Also nice to see Kada finally take on a role that's been long coming ever since her introduction.

I wonder if this arc was partially inspired by One Piece with (late OP spoilers)
the crumbling of powers with the defeat of 2 of the 4 Devas similar to the death of Whitebeard, one of the 4 Yonkou. I wouldn't put it past Sorachi after the timeskip arc clearly being inspired by OP.

I hope another arc like this happens soon.

iavi

cosmicblizzard said:
Gintama 210-214

Wow.... I'm speechless. This... I have seen the error of my ways. Gintama is no longer qualified for mid-tier. It has entered high-tier and won't go any lower.

Ep 210 has this lasting power that just makes the whole arc feel extremely badass, not saying that the rest of the arc is bad--not at all. It's just that 210 is quite possibly the most badass ep in all of Gintama thus far.

Andrew J.

Mawaru Penguindrum 12

Where's that Ikuhara's dick of symbolism image? I can't help but wonder if the apple tree from the fairy tale is supposed to be the tree of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. If so, what does that make Himari? Eve? Original sin? Jesus?

Jex

Branduil said:
Oh right, I never posted my Blood-C review here.
I don't know if there's ever been a series this fully committed to its theme of total misanthropy. I mean the last episode really left no doubt to how much CLAMP despises humanity. I had thought before this that Arjuna was the most misanthropic anime series in existence, but it has nothing on this. Arjuna hates people, but it also wants them to learn, in an incredibly ham-fisted way. CLAMP has no interest in us learning anything. They just wants us to know how much they hate us.
Yeah, but now you really know.

I imagine some people still didn't get it.

Steroyd

cosmicblizzard said:
Gintama 210-214

It took you 214 episodes to realise this?

I am disappoint.

gunbo13

Jexhius said:
The creators of Blood C have a particular viewpoint, one that does not become apparent until a certain point in the series (see how vague I'm being), which means that certain parts of the show are deceptive and non-indicative of the shows actual thrust.
Zegapain!
EmmanuelMunoz said:
Just watch the show and avoid spoilers. The series needs to be completed to be appreciated
12 episodes is tolerable as long as they sexify/moe the female protagonist. How else can you watch Kiddy Grade?
Not the loli which disturbs me, k thx bye
Steroyd said:
And to this day, I still hate myself for watching too much of that show.
The self-hate appears around episode 3. When you fire up episode 4, that's when you realize how sad a person you are. Not to mention knowing how shitty episodes 1-3 were............*sob*...no really, I'm alright.

Steroyd

Uh oh, in less than 24 hours that anime will be airing, I-it's to soon, I'm not ready.

And because there are a few that anime's this season let me clarify.

Come-at-me.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom