• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Steroyd said:
Uh oh, in less than 24 hours that anime will be airing, I-it's to soon, I'm not ready.

And because there are a few that anime's this season let me clarify.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/Come-at-me.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Bandai Channel streamed it days ago to the fortunate number who got in D:

Cwarrior

Instro said:
Assuming you're email was correct, and its not getting messed up by a spam filter or something, maybe the registration thing is broken atm.

its working now got my confirm code used it, now what?

its says my nickname is registerd under your account"chatzilla@*.as1323.net and what my password is, but still can't log on.

Branduil

Angel Beats 1-3

i%20need%20a%20drink.jpg

iavi

Cwarrior said:
its working now got my confirm code used it, now what?

its says my nickname is registerd under your account"chatzilla@*.as1323.net and what my password is, but still can't log on.

You have to identify yourself

/Msg NickServ IDENTIFY Pasword here

Cwarrior

Miri said:
You have to identify yourself

/Msg NickServ IDENTIFY Pasword here

already done that It' says "You are already identified." but when I try to post it says" #animeGAF Cannot send to channel"

Edit: nevermind it started working

Toriko 14-19

The show really drags when theres no action and Im confused about the Human World and Gourmet World aspect, which they could have explained better. Otherwise Terry' big battle was epic in animation, such velocity and intensity. I want a battle wolf like it.

duckroll

HOLY SHIT YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST REALIZED ABOUT THE BLOOD-C MOVIE?!

CLAMP is writing and designing a brand new anime movie that is set in TOKYO. TOKYO TOWER SHOWDOWN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm getting orgasms all over my body. I cannot stop it. Help!

Uchip

Banned
duckroll said:

CLAMP is writing and designing a brand new anime movie that is set in TOKYO. TOKYO TOWER SHOWDOWN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So basically X but with saya

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
Mayo Chiki 13 - This was an okay episode.
Bzzt, wrong!

A Black Falcon said:
As everyone said this is in absolutely no way an ending, but oh well, at least it's an okay episode for the genre, on its own. This episode centers around the catgirl BL manga artist girl Nakuru. The first part is about her and her friends, getting ready for a BL manga show. She can be amusing, and is sometimes here. My favorite part of the episode might be those cosplay cameos though, that was good stuff even if it does make me wish for sequels, particularly for Kampfer. Oh well. It was kind of amusing that the catgirl actually does have a bunch of fans. Oh, and catgirl, little sister, and pink hair make an entertaining team, it almost makes pink hair's existence in the series worthwhile... Oh, Subaru and Suzutsuki just make cameos this time, but they are entertaining while there, Subaru particularly.
Subaru has been doing nothing but cameos for a while now in this show, for being the main love interest and heroine it's quite perplexing. At this point Subaru's been reduced to something akin to the suitcase in Pulp Fiction or the Arc of the Covenant in Indiana Jones, she's not a character but everyone wants it and every once in a while they dust her off and parade her around for a few moments so everyone remembers why they're supposed to want her. Fucking lame. I can only imagine that from the point on the author had been drawing on past experiences of being the bitch in any casual relationship he's ever had and that now faced with the idea of placing the two on a fairly equal footing and placing them in a romantic relationship he realized that without the relevant life experience under his belt he in no way could write it, not even badly, and thus switched gears to this shit.

Kampfer absolutely must not be allowed to have a sequel.
A Black Falcon said:
Also, we learn the truth about her cat ears --
they're fake.
Well of course! Not sure that's something we need to learn nor would I call it the truth as you never find out why, although again, even without fiding out hwy we know it's because she's a total otakubait character, written by a loser in a show made to pander to otaku.
A Black Falcon said:
Later in the episode though, the MC shows up, and as expected things go downhill a bit. It's still okay, but is even more generic and predictable. Oh anime logic... the mental contortions that it would take to come up with catgirl's explanation for why she wants him to do what she wants him to is pretty ridiculous.
Essentially, Nakuru wants the MC to not be attracted to her when she presses herself against him, and not fall in love with her on sight because of her big breasts, because she decided that she'd dedicate her high school life to writing BL manga and nothing else, but she's been confessed to by one random guy and now is having disturbing thoughts about boys and such that she thinks that plan can expunge.
... Yeah, it doesn't make much more sense in the show either. It kind of works thanks to the MC's problem, but then she does some very moe things (her glasses fall off, she leans forward to search around for them, etc), and it almost falls apart... not quite though.
It ends with her running off and him going after her carrying all of the stuff she left behind, the end.
No it doesn't "kinda work" thanks to the main's problem, in fact, because of the main's problem he should have been the last one to ask. Besides, I find these situations insulting. I mean, this has to be written for someone so sexually, or even just basic human contact, repressed because I'm tired of the males in these shitty shows being treated as if they're one step away from being rapists and the mere act of not raping some girl is some chivalrous heroic act going against every fiber of our being. What the fuck is this shit? Fucking really?
A Black Falcon said:
I thought the ending was okay. Sure, it's not an ending to the series in any way, but it's a decently expected end to a generic harem show episode, which this is. This sure seems like an episode made in the hopes that there'll be another season, though... ep. 12 was much more of an ending than this. I wonder why they put this at the end, it's not like there was anything in it tying it to the previous story arc.
Totally false. First off it wasn't even a good episode. Second it wasn't a good ending. Third it touched on nothing about the show. It was as bad an ending as Kampfer's finale episode was.
A Black Falcon said:
Finally, with this, now at least three, and perhaps all, of the girls have been clearly shown to like the MC. It's becoming more and more of a real harem show all the time.
Pink hair, catgirl, and Subaru clearly like him. Suzutsuki... I'm not sure, if what she said in ep. 12 was genuine she does, but otherwise, or if she was lying there, who knows. And as for the little sister, she clearly cares for him a lot and is possessive of him, but I'm not sure if there's any romantic love there, if there is it hasn't been shown. Given that this is anime I kind of expect there to be, but if there is they haven't gone there yet, they've just shown how she's violently possessive of him. She probably is yandere like someone said, isn't she.
This was all obvious from the start, again, Subaru is the main's object that everyone in the world wants, and they essentially all land with the main because of Subaru, she's nothing but a plot device, this was apparent from like the third episode, it's weak, and the show is crap.
A Black Falcon said:
In conclusion... Suzutsuki > Subaru > Nakuru > little sister > pink hair. If little sister does not in fact romantically love her brother, though, move her up a spot. As for the MC, he'd either go last or maybe just above pink hair.
WHAT???? I don't even.....

Blood C Final

An epic finale filled with betrayal, tragedy, and a very well-choreographed fight. Then the
bunnies
happened...

What
The
Fuck

I don't know how to put what I am feeling right now into words. I don't even know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Gotta commend the scene for that at least. Really need to see it uncensored.

Overall, this was a great series. Truly betrays your expectations and keeps you guessing until the end.
Building up the characters just for it all to be an act was awesome. Very well executed and led to some very emotional scenes. Normally breaking down everything that's already been established pisses me off to no end, but I really liked it this time and it's not like there was no foreshadowing.

Can't wait for the movie. Hopefully there's an actual
happy end there (or as close to happy as things can get for monster Saya).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
duckroll said:

Saya will protect Escuudo!

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:
Can't wait for the movie. Hopefully there's an actual
happy end there (or as close to happy as things can get for monster Saya).

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I haven't laughed this hard since the Blood-C ending, but thanks for another great laugh. LOL.

NewFresh

darkside31337 said:
I honestly can't tell who is serious about what when it comes to Blood-C.

It's like the series itself. Brilliance!

It has single-handedly redefined what it means to protect someone.

duckroll

trejo said:
Bold words.

Not really. Production IG doesn't generally do straight action shows with their A-team animators. They did so with Blood-C TV, which is why the fights were really nice. The movie should look great.

wsippel

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Chobits had a
happy ending
.... sort of.
Haven't seen Chobits, don't know about that. But the "serious" Clamp shows I've seens never ended well. It's so predictable that I stopped caring.

Articalys

trejo said:
Until that particular meme is thoroughly run into the ground, at least.
Even if we do that it will reignite when the movie comes out in June, so why bother?
Wait, can the meme protect itself or would that create a paradox?

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
It's part of the appeal!
Doesn't appeal to me. I like happy endings. Watching a show for six hours to twelve hours just to see everything going to hell in the end isn't my idea of fun. I actually even prefer stupid asspull happy endings (Tiger & Bunny) to elaborate, well written bad (or sad) endings.

Steroyd

A Black Falcon said:
In conclusion... Suzutsuki > Subaru > Nakuru > little sister > pink hair. If little sister does not in fact romantically love her brother, though, move her up a spot. As for the MC, he'd either go last or maybe just above pink hair.

I'm beginning to think that you try really hard to find incest in all shows.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
No, I expect all of the main girls in a harem show to be in love with the MC, because they usually are.
But why would that automatically move her up a slot? It's like you're giving points for being the most formulaic.
And wrong!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Steroyd said:
I'm beginning to think that you try really hard to find incest in all shows.
No, there are some pretty big incest moments in Mayo Chiki with all the hip thrusting wrestling move action.

Steroyd

A Black Falcon said:
No, I expect all of the main girls in a harem show to be in love with the MC, because they usually are.

But you see/assume an incestious relationship way before a normal sibling one, even when there's absolutely nothing to point in that direction.

mAcOdIn said:
But why would that automatically move her up a slot? It's like you're giving points for being the most formulaic.
And wrong!
No, I said that if she isn't romantically in love with him I'd move her up a slot, if she is, down a spot. I'd say that's taking away points for being more formulaic.

Steroyd said:
But you see/assume an incestious relationship way before a normal sibling one, even when there's absolutely nothing to point in that direction.
She's one of the major girls in the show, so it seems like a reasonable assumption to me. I'd like to be wrong, though, certainly. Maybe it's going to stay just obsessive, maybe yandere, family (but not romantic) love, though, so far it's that anyway. But you can't be certain.

Her degree of obsession with him certainly goes far beyond normal family relationships, but the question is what's behind it -- and the show didn't fully go into detail about that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Articalys said:
Even if we do that it will reignite when the movie comes out in June, so why bother?
Wait, can the meme protect itself or would that create a paradox?
It already has, leading to the cyclic nature of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom