• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Justice said:
Or the K-ON movie will the most important movie ever for them (have to make back dem losses)

Nope. They're finished. No one will ever want to work with them or see any of their shows again. Honor and shame and all that.

-Minsc-

Infinite Justice said:
thats sucks to hear you were spoiled.

its really very interesting and thats all i'll say
That one plot element will completely change how I view the buildup in those upcoming episodes. On the other hand it may make me expect things that actually won't happen.

Dresden

wouldnt' be too surprised if kyoani was animating naruto by the end of the year - before going bankrupt in the middle of 2012, their offices stuffed with unsold Nichijou blu rays, their mailboxes lined with letters from debt collectors and the yakuza.

RIP KYOANI

Reknoc

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, I'm honestly having trouble looking at the guy without thinking about what happened to him. Kind of considering rewatching the series from episode 1 to see if there are any hints outside his personality.

I don't think there are. The only other hint I can think of that the Sket Dan had not so great pasts is during the final match in the Bibage arc.

-Minsc-

Reknoc said:
I don't think there are. The only other hint I can think of that the Sket Dan had not so great pasts is during the final match in the Bibage arc.
I'm guessing it's the same for Bossun. Unless I've missed it, there's nothing as of yet which hints to Bossun's past.

Takao

Banned
Funimation picked up .hack//Quantum. Is that any good? I know it's related to the PSP game that isn't getting translated, but is it enjoyable without that knowledge?

Dresden

Takao said:
Funimation picked up .hack//Quantum. Is that any good? I know it's related to the PSP game that isn't getting translated, but is it enjoyable without that knowledge?
I thought it was pretty fun. I'm not a .hack fan at all, though.

Reknoc

-Minsc- said:
I'm guessing it's the same for Bossun. Unless I've missed it, there's nothing as of yet which hints to Bossun's past.

I think so yeah. Himeko's is pretty much the only one ever mentioned before her arc.

DiGiKerot

Takao said:

That they'll be streaming Guilty Crown is probably bigger news, at least for those of you who are in the US.

DiGiKerot said:
That they'll be streaming Guilty Crown is probably bigger news, at least for those of you who are in the US.

The biggest news of all is their new subscription streaming service, which will probably crush all competitors due to their large catalog.

hosannainexcelsis said:
The biggest news of all is their new subscription streaming service, which will probably crush all competitors due to their large catalog.

I hope it includes every episode of the one piece dub, its tough hunting down all of one of the parts. As well as commercial free, hulu has too many commercials.

DiGiKerot

hosannainexcelsis said:

Hmm, not especially. I mean, they don't have Naruto or Bleach, and they don't really have any interest in serving markets outside of the US. It could make matters even more frustrating for those of us who don't like in the Americas, but I don't really see them usurping Crunchyroll in the immediate future at least.

Dresden

PataHikari said:
You're a colossal idiot who didn't watch past the first 10 minutes if you think they did the whole "lol back of the head" thing any further then that.
I'd think you were mad but the lack of movement makes it hard to tell.

PataHikari said:
Except you have people calling it a trainwreck when it's not even close.

8gSkM.jpg

You want more?

And I don't call it trainweck but Blood-C

Risette

A Good Citizen
Somebody having a meltdown over Fate/zero? lol

Proof that nothing good can come out of ufotable. It only produces hate, suffering, and really ugly "animation" :(

Sophia

I see unacceptable Fate/Zero bashing. Violators shall now be EXCAAAAALIBUR'D

jman2050 said:
Fate/Zero 1

ufotable, if you want to make a VN then make a VN, don't try and pass one off as an anime.

There's potential here, but only if the defiant refusal to animate anything of note is just a one-off thing.

Fate/Zero was an actual novel, tho? And this was merely the prologue. If you were expecting anything else, then what the hell?

Might I add, they followed the prologue fairly faithfully.

Reknoc

Aigis said:
Somebody having a meltdown over Fate/zero? lol

Proof that nothing good can come out of ufotable. It only produces hate, suffering, and really ugly "animation" :(

If it doesn't exist, can it still be ugly?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Marrshu said:
Fate/Zero was an actual novel, tho? And this was merely the prologue. If you were expecting anything else, then what the hell?

Might I add, they followed the prologue fairly faithfully.
More proof that faithful adaptations are a bad thing.

Nevertheless, opening with an entire episode of exposition is absolute garbage-tier storytelling. No way around it.

Sophia

Aigis said:
More proof that faithful adaptations are a bad thing.

Nevertheless, opening with an entire episode of exposition is absolute garbage-tier storytelling. No way around it.

Speak for yourself. Having read the original novel, I expected nothing else.

Infinite Justice said:
I see the fall anime season is off to a nice start on animeGAF LOL

The worst part was the one or two people complaining about the animation a bit ago when the only source up, at the time, was Nico Nico's lower-than-web-quality stream. =p

Risette

A Good Citizen
Marrshu said:
The worst part was the one or two people complaining about the animation a bit ago when the only source up, at the time, was Nico Nico's lower-than-web-quality stream. =p
HD isn't going to add frames to the show. This is probably one of the cheapest first episodes in anime this year.

Sophia

Aigis said:
HD isn't going to add frames to the show. This is probably one of the cheapest first episodes in anime this year.

Because you can totally judge the budget and frames off Niconico's not even 480p stream, right?

Cloudy

Banned
There really needs to be a separate general anime thread and others for individual seasons. This thread just moves too fast with the random stuff. Aaaaaargh!

Steroyd

Cloudy said:
There really needs to be a separate general anime thread and others for individual seasons. This thread just moves too fast with the random stuff. Aaaaaargh!

No point, no-one would know which anime topic should go in which thread and everyone would end up repeating themselves and posting in both anyway.

Suffice to say this thread actually moves slower than it used to thanks to the irc chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom