• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
cajunator said:
Ok I changed my mind about Louise. She is goddamned cute as fuck as long as she's not being abusive.

She's cute even when she's being abusive.

wand.jpg

It's the element of danger that makes her so exciting!

Instro

Feep said:
Everyone should watch Squid Girl, because I'm the male lead in the dubbed version.

I mean, because it's good.
Only if you become my undersquid.

I think many of us are watching it.

Thoraxes

trejo said:
Everyone knows Taiga is the superior kugiloli.
I'm partial to Shana myself, but the induction of Astarotte and Aria this year weren't so bad either.

Also, is it me or have more shows done a 40 min. first episode, and then the regular 24-30 min ones all the ones after?

trejo

I'd normally suggest we need comparison pics up in this bitch but Lord Google-sama would probably disapprove. Maybe.

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
That's like saying you can deal with Mapo Tofu as long as it's not spicy. Who the hell eats Mapo Tofu which isn't spicy?
Look, it's not that I hate everything Rie does or anything I just don't like how she voices the tsun side of characters. The characters she portrays are still cute but the whole abusive thug just gets annoying. Don't read into it as just hating Rie for no reason because that's not it at all. She can be cute and often is but the whole tsun thing just strikes a nerve.

Thoraxes

cajunator said:
Sorry. Naru Narusegawa ruined tsun for everyone.
I thought Motoko redeemed her.
Wasn't there some rumor about her originally being the canon end instead of Naru?

Edit: Oh you were talking about Rie. My bad.

Defuser said:
Getting beaten and verbal abused isn't fun.
If you're me it is.

Reknoc

Hunter x Hunter 1

Looks like they really want to move forward with this. I imagine they'll flashback to the Kaito scene eventually.

The ending song is awful, it switches between autotune crap and shouting. Still it has Hisoka and his blinding light.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Actually, it turns out when you're not trying to simply tell a sentimental piece of fluff, sports can be an interesting metaphor for societal ills. Or class hierarchy between competitive women. One or the other.
Or it can be a metaphor for dudes punching the crap out of each other.

trejo

Fate/Zero 1

My god, these people sure do love the sound of their own voices.

Ufotable seems to have overlooked the fact that they were supposed to be making an adaptation from a light novel. Or perhaps they simply don't know the meaning of the word.

zeroshiki

trejo said:
Fate/Zero 1

Ufotable seems to have overlooked the fact that they were supposed to be making an adaptation from a light novel. Or perhaps they simply don't know the meaning of the word.

It made for a great sound novel that's for sure.

Sophia

trejo said:
Fate/Zero 1

Again, there's no way to adapt that without completely changing the first third of Fate/Zero around. Better that they got it out of the way now than rewrite the entire story over it. =p

zeroshiki

Marrshu said:
Again, there's no way to adapt that without completely changing the first third of Fate/Zero around. Better that they got it out of the way now than rewrite the entire story over it. =p

I don't get it. They were basically just talking. You're saying there was no way to incorporate all that backstory into, err, actual stuff happening? Seriously?

Sophia

zeroshiki said:
I don't get it. They were basically just talking. You're saying there was no way to incorporate all that backstory into, err, actual stuff happening? Seriously?

Sadly, Nasu and Gen crammed all the essential information right at the start. It's very front loaded, for better or worse. You could move it elsewhere, but you'd have to reorganize the whole prologue and a good chunk of Act 1 to do so. It was probably easier for everyone involved just to get all that info out in the open in a single episode.

The other option, besides reorganizing so much the plot, would be to skimp on anything non-essential like DEEN did for the UBW. The end results is a visual treat but a mess for anyone who hasn't read the novel.

PdotMichael said:
Isn't like the story of Fate/blabla is soooo complicated and deep, so you need episodes with 40 minutes of talking.

It's not really all that complex. Nasu has a bad habit of explaining stuff in far too much detail and not getting to the point, and Fate/Zero is no exception.

In the Nasuverse, talking and thinking aren't just free actions, you get entire fucking turns dedicated to it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Marrshu said:
Again, there's no way to adapt that without completely changing the first third of Fate/Zero around.
Then they should have done that.

Marrshu said:
Sadly, Nasu and Gen crammed all the essential information right at the start. It's very front loaded, for better or worse. You could move it elsewhere, but you'd have to reorganize the whole prologue and a good chunk of Act 1 to do so. It was probably easier for everyone involved just to get all that info out in the open in a single episode.
Oh, that's a completely reasonable justification.

Wait no it isn't..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom