• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Welp, now that it's more or less confirmed that this season sucks (please save us Guilty Crown), I guess I have no excuse for having not watched Yu Yu Hakusho and Utena. Time to put in some orders.

I also really should finish up Monster.

Enron

Banned
Branduil said:
But what if Rin grows up to be a... no, I can't finish that thought. It would be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Lafiel has already gone there. In his mind. Several times a day.

Gintama

I AM CAUGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did that take, like 3 months? Not too bad. Still a far cry from the time I was able to watch 240 episodes of One Piece in the span of 2 weeks, but not too shabby nonetheless. Think I might be taking a break from long series for a month or so and then I'll probably watch Fist of the North Star.

Migrating to the Gintama thread now. Bye forever!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I can't help it that you have no soul, Lafiel. I guess it's just filled with blonde idols :(
I just find idols and transgenders more engaging to watch than single-parents.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1

Other questions:

1) what the hell kind of a name is Darkness, the Hat, and the Travelers of the Books; no wonder I've never heard of it before

2) tell me that bird isn't as annoying as I think he is going to be

3) why does the camera sway like a drunkard over still images for no raisin
The real questions are like: why are these random different scenes edited together to suggest something that isn't happening? How is one space and time connected to the other? Why does the camera want to give me a headache? Why is her arm so long?

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
I just find idols and transgenders more engaging to watch than single-parents.

You're entitled to enjoy it more
the problem is that you are always trying to state your opinion as fact

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Horizon 01:

Positives:

Soundtrack. Some funky, cool stuff. Very cool.
Jun Fukuyama + Toori. Awesome, did not fail.
Jun Fukuyama + Toori. So awesome it was worth mentioning twice.

Negatives:

Everything else.
Literally feels like 100 characters. This is a 1 cour show right? What the hell?
The character designs are pretty bad.

I'll give it another episode but I literally have no idea what I just watched.

Articalys

Chihayafuru 1

Centered around a card game that relies purely on memorization and reaction time? Okay...
Still on my list for another week because I want to see some more non-flashback scenes.

Defuser

cosmicblizzard said:
Gintama

I AM CAUGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did that take, like 3 months? Not too bad. Still a far cry from the time I was able to watch 240 episodes of One Piece in the span of 2 weeks, but not too shabby nonetheless. Think I might be taking a break from long series for a month or so and then I'll probably watch Fist of the North Star.

Migrating to the Gintama thread now. Bye forever!
Looking forward to your posting in the gintama thread. It needs more loving.

Jex

[Background Animation]

Regulus Tera said:
They can still do it when they have the money.
I don't really know if that's true. You can't give money to some animators and have them draw 2D cars, if they've never learnt how to before, I imagine the same is true with background animation.

Instro

darkside31337 said:
Horizon 01:

Positives:

Soundtrack. Some funky, cool stuff. Very cool.
Jun Fukuyama + Toori. Awesome, did not fail.
Jun Fukuyama + Toori. So awesome it was worth mentioning twice.

Negatives:

Everything else.
Literally feels like 100 characters. This is a 1 cour show right? What the hell?
The character designs are pretty bad.

I'll give it another episode but I literally have no idea what I just watched.

It's not. At least I think its supposed to be multiple seasons anyway.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
You're entitled to enjoy it more
the problem is that you are always trying to state your opinion as fact
I demand you find evidence where i have done so.

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
I demand you find evidence where i have done so.

every single time you claim that x>y
as in 90% of your posts, or messages that you send me on steam
im not wasting my time searching through your history to find something that im pretty sure everyone has noticed

Branduil

Jexhius said:
[Background Animation]

I don't really know if that's true. You can't give money to some animators and have them draw 2D cars, if they've never learnt how to before, I imagine the same is true with background animation.
They could trace the CG animated backgrounds I guess(I'm only half joking).

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
trejo did u ever finish Revolutionary Girl Utena and post impressions? If you did, I totally missed it ;_;
I did finish it. You didn't miss anything, though, because I haven't been able to gather my thoughts on the subject into anything resembling coherent structure. I'm not even sure if I'll ever be able to.

So far all I've got is "AkioaasdfuuGARBLASDKHASFWAAAAA....."

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
jman2050 said:
What, did you all think we make 30k posts in one season on joyful camaraderie and insightful anime reviews?
PonyGAF manages to do so for their ponies.

Wait no, that place is full of bickering lately as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Instro said:
It's not. At least I think its supposed to be multiple seasons anyway.

Ah good to know. I didn't think show was super irredeemably terrible, I had some laughs while watching it so there's a glimmer of hope. But it's not looking too good.

jman2050 said:
What, did you all think we make 30k posts in one season on joyful camaraderie and insightful anime reviews?

Yes.

:(

Regulus Tera said:
PonyGAF manages to do so for their ponies.

Wait no, that place is full of bickering lately as well.

How would you know this? *glare*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
trejo said:
I did finish it. You didn't miss anything, though, because I haven't been able to gather my thoughts on the subject into anything resembling coherent structure. I'm not even sure if I'll ever be able to.

So far all I've got is "AkioaasdfuuGARBLASDKHASFWAAAAA....."
That doesn't excuse you for not watching the movie yet.
darkside31337 said:
How would you know this? *glare*
I like PonyGAF because it is the nicest place on GAF (most of the time).

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Production I.G. really needs to stop doing this shit. It ruins what they're trying to do.
I don't even know what they're trying to do any more.

It's bizarre to me that Japanese animators would abandon their mastery of traditional animation in order to make third-rate CGI movies that are laughable compared to what western animation is doing with CGI.

Defuser

Man,it's a good thing I have high tolerance low standards for watching anime.Can't imagine feeling the pain when you guys watch with high standards.

Uchip

Banned
Defuser said:
Man,it's a good thing I have high tolerance low standards for watching anime.Can't imagine feeling the pain when you guys watch with high standards.

It makes the good shows that much more memorable when you have higher standards

Instro

Horizon 1
Yeah this is pretty much mindless entertainment. Well animated, entertaining, shit. Totally awful in many other departments, but seems like it will be a fun series to watch.

That exposition at the end of the episode was amazing, I was laughing so hard. Talk about nonsensical plot.

Branduil

Defuser said:
It feels like someone is kicking your soul in the crotch.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Stuff like this is why I like to visit that website:

zE8u3l.jpg

WrOjql.jpg

Ja2gVl.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
On a another note it warms my heart to see a number of people enjoying Tamayura. I hope jexhius gets around to watching it and posts positive impressions to!

I thought firehawk12 and me would be the only people that would watch and enjoy it!

Instro

Lafiel said:
On a another note it warms my heart to see a number of people enjoying Tamayura. I hope jexhius gets around to watching it and posts positive impressions to!

I thought firehawk12 and me would be the only people that would watch and enjoy it!
Are the OVA's worth checking out btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom