• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
Every day I don't recognize a single Saimoe character is a good day.
Nothing wrong with recognizing Miyako.
PdotMichael said:
fanservice in 1979, in one or two episodes you can see Anne in long underwear... grrrr
darkside hasn't posted for a few minutes, he must be busy on google.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Actually I'm just done talking about Anne. Some people get so offended by my thoughts on the art in the series that I've just given up talking about it. There really is no reason to share my thoughts on how bad the series looks every time he makes a post on it.

icarus-daedelus said:
Every day I don't recognize a single Saimoe character is a good day.

Never watching Hidamari Sketch is your loss!

One Piece 491

Damn, they really went all out for the few minutes of
Luffy breaking down.
Voice acting wasn't perfect, but you can't really blame a 56 year old woman for a scene like that. Very well executed nonetheless.

Seeing Law tell off the amazon grandma was great. Really goes to show that the strong serious characters wouldn't take Amazon Lily's shit if they really cared.

Denpa Onna 1

jcdoI.png

I am surprised, I like it.

The opening song is fucking fantastic and I like the ED song too.
And in the wonderful anime world you looks with 39 still like 17, too bad the real world is not like that.

darkside31337 said:
Actually I'm just done talking about Anne. Some people get so offended by my thoughts on the art in the series that I've just given up talking about it. There really is no reason to share my thoughts on how bad the series looks every time he makes a post on it.

but yet you did anyways :p

Jex

PdotMichael said:
Denpa Onna 1

I am surprised, I like it.

The opening song is fucking fantastic and I like the ED song too.
And in the wonderful anime world you looks with 39 still like 17, too bad the real world is not like that.
Perhaps you've never heard of Jung Da-Yeon.

Branduil

PdotMichael said:
The opening song is fucking fantastic
Every time I accidentally click a link to that song I feel like this:

vqppag.gif

So, I do not get the love. I guess I just don't understand because I was never in a hipster band in high school.

Branduil

PdotMichael said:
He just needs to ask me for a picture.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/VCHRb.png[/IMG]
Clumsy moe, old-fashioned underwear moe, and forehead moe. With that trifecta it's no wonder she's popular in Japan.

I hate myself for this post.

wsippel

Banned
Branduil said:
You're not going to back out on responding to this, I hope.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31538367&postcount=4648
Nope, don't worry. I'm not drunk enough today to continue that argument. It led nowhere, and it would only continue to lead nowhere. I think it could have been an interesting discussion, but I kinda blew it from the very beginning by being too blunt. Once people take offence, they usually stop arguing rationally.

Risette

A Good Citizen
wsippel said:
Nope. I'm not drunk enough today to continue that argument. It led nowhere, and it would only continue to lead nowhere. I think it could have been an interesting discussion, but I kinda blew it from the very beginning by being too blunt. Once people take offence, they usually stop arguing rationally.
Still doing this crap? Come on dude. Man up.

Jex

wsippel said:
Nope, don't worry. I'm not drunk enough today to continue that argument. It led nowhere, and it would only continue to lead nowhere. I think it could have been an interesting discussion, but I kinda blew it from the very beginning by being too blunt. Once people take offence, they usually stop arguing rationally.
Yah, I think Genijin got served.

Branduil

wsippel said:
Once people take offence, they usually stop arguing rationally.
Yeah like when someone criticizes Horizon and it causes someone else to go on a wild rant about every popular anime in the last 15 years.

Andrew J.

Utsumiya Hime is the best character in Brain Powered, and I'd say one of the better femal characters in all anime. Competent and independent without being distant or cruel, and not heavily sexualized.

Makes up for her VA not having an inside voice.

Branduil

Andrew J. said:
Utsumiya Hime is the best character in Brain Powered, and I'd say one of the better femal characters in all anime. Competent and independent without being distant or cruel, and not heavily sexualized.
wench.jpg

Yuu is better.

I guess you could see those traits in her, but the way Tomino writes her just makes everything she does seem capricious and mentally bizarre.

Also the OP kind of undermines any attempts to not sexualize her.

Jex

PdotMichael said:
The Denpa opening song hate is just disgusting.
One of the few things that people in this thread seem to agree on, musically speaking:

Yoko Kanno is pretty good.

The Denpa OP is the worst thing ever.

That's about it.
Trojita said:
Is there a non photoshopped picture of her I can see?
I'm not here to teach you how to use the internet!

jman2050

Enron said:
Nah, its just a squiddle fender bender.

Don't be silly, look at that wreckfish, Ika could have easily gilled someone there. I'd be inkcensed if my inksurance didn't cover that. The victim of that accident deserves an apolalgae.

NewFresh

jman2050 said:
Don't be silly, look at that wreckfish, Ika could have easily gilled someone there. I'd be inkcensed if my inksurance didn't cover that. The victim of that accident deserves an apolalgae.
I would be more impressed if people could make a good cephalopod pun

Branduil

Dynedom said:
That must have been one shark turn. That's a plankton of degree right there.
Maybe somewhale cuttled their brakes. If a rival had a reef with them, it could be an act of squidotage, in which case they'll need a private inkvestigator to uncover the purpoisatrator. Otherwise it could be the tidings of a crime wave.

Enron

Banned
Branduil said:
Maybe somewhale cuttled their brakes. If a rival had a reef with them, it could be an act of squidotage, in which case they'll need a private inkvestigator to uncover the purpoisatrator. Otherwise it could be the tidings of a crime wave.

Perhaps there should be an inkquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom