• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

oTihW.gif

See what you've all done!

Astarotte no Omocha EX

Finally get some
shota dream rape
. About damn time.

Interesting that Asuha likes panties so much when she usually refuses to wear them.

Geneijin

wsippel said:
Nope, don't worry. I'm not drunk enough today to continue that argument. It led nowhere, and it would only continue to lead nowhere. I think it could have been an interesting discussion, but I kinda blew it from the very beginning by being too blunt. Once people take offence, they usually stop arguing rationally.
You could have easily steadied the course of the discussion in the beginning yet didn't until you saw fit each time. I wasn't the one on a visible tangent. That's a matter of fact you at least acknowledge.

Dynedom

Branduil said:
Maybe somewhale cuttled their brakes. If a rival had a reef with them, it could be an act of squidotage, in which case they'll need a private inkvestigator to uncover the purpoisatrator. Otherwise it could be the tidings of a crime wave.

I wonder if the Squid Girl car's diver is dory for what he did. We might have to take that apology with a grain of salt. Either way, remind me not to make an anemone out of that driver.

The squid marks left on the road are going to be epic.

Branduil

Enron said:
Perhaps there should be an inkquiry.
I like the cut of your jib. I bet squidone was jellyfish of the driver's infoamy. If we can find anemone of theirs who was beaching and whaling about them, they'll be our brine suspect.

Enron

Banned
jman2050 said:
Maybe the car just needed a tunap?

Possibly. Who knows. Maybe it was just driver error, or maybe the other driver did it deliberately so he wouldn't take a dive in the standings. Or it could just be that the white car was overly aggressive and didn't want the other driver to bass him in the corner. Or maybe it was mechaninkal fault - in which case it could be anything. Total crabshoot.

We'll shrimply never know.

Jex

You realise you guys are just doing free work for Crunchyroll, right? They're just going to take all your stuff for future scripts!

Regulus Tera said:
It's the Louise avatar. I read his posts with Rie Kugimiya's voice in my mind.

I-I-I'm not posting because I like this f-f-forum or anything! There just happen to be p-p-people talking about anime here! Stupid mongrel! Idiot mongrel! Pervert mongrel!

Lain

PdotMichael said:
The Denpa opening song hate is just disgusting.
Don't worry, I got your back my friend. The Denpa Onna OP is great. I can't help but listen to it whenever a link to it is posted.

jman2050

Jexhius said:
You realise you guys are just doing free work for Crunchyroll, right? They're just going to take all your stuff for future scripts!

I chuckled at this until I realized one of the Crunchyroll guys does actually post here sometimes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Articalys said:
I don't know enough marine terminology to keep up with the puns.

Let's talk about something else. Like how the latest convenience store contest in Japan could help you win a hat that makes it look like Index is constantly biting you on the head. You would even get to meet her seiyuu Yuka Iguchi!

J2CNn.jpg

Toaru Majutsu no Index's Head-Biting Plush Hat Offered
Is this one of the only contests where people want to win the second place prize?

Branduil

Jexhius said:
You're saying Crunchyroll is going to steal from someone, and somehow turn this act of theft into a profitable business venture? I don't see why you'd think that could happen.

Steroyd

What the crab is going on!?

Manyuu Hikenchou - 11

It's just inkredible how serious this show is, yet the subject can be all about breast chi.

Tamayura - 01

Mad-Skillz.gif

Squid girl take note, this is how you play soccer football without getting battered.

Enron

Banned
Branduil said:
You're saying Crunchyroll is going to steal from someone, and somehow turn this act of theft into a profitable business venture? I don't see why you'd think that could happen.

We can trust them. They've always been on the up-and-up. It's not like they've ever done anything like that before.

Branduil

Steroyd said:
Tamayura - 01

[IMGhttp://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Steroyd666/Mad-Skillz.gif[/IMG]

Squid girl take note, this is how you play soccer football without getting battered.
Only Yesterday ripoff.

Dresden said:
new Saki anime to be about the... spinoff?

I should get caught up on the lolimahjong manga soon.
I posted this a few hours earlier, read the thread better. :)

Lain said:
Meh, I want an anime about the rest of the story published. Not like I won't watch an anime about the spinoff, but really, I need more badass mahjong played by lolis.
Well, the main series isn't finished yet, so they couldn't do a second season about the rest of the series unless they made some stuff up... I don't think there will even be 24-26 more episodes worth of material, if they just base it off of the manga (given that that's how long the first series was).

Of course, that's also true with the spinoff, which is a new series (just started a month or two ago), but apparently they have a plan...

I'm hoping for new animes based on both mangas, really. :)

Oh -- and if you liked Saki but haven't read the spinoff, it is also good. By ch. 2 the girls are the same age as the ones in the main series too, so the ages aren't different.

Steroyd said:
I thought I'd get used to it now, but Uchip's posts before getting banned are still like watching a trainwreck at full speed, that i can't keep my eyes off of.
Yeah, it's like he was trying to get banned or something...

Cwarrior

weeaboo said:
Let's make a plot twist

OP of the season -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUHD492rlsU

lolis and sakura blossoms are so last season, It's all about white guys with white afros.

True OP of the Season

BluWacky said:
Nope, nope, nope, from neither a visual nor musical perspective.

Music-wise I think it's going to be hard to top UN-GO, Last Exile 2 or Guilty Crown (no video yet) for me. I suspect visually these will also be interesting - UN-GO is Bones, Last Exile's original OP was great, and Guilty Crown is Production IG and weird looking...

Last exile track is great, here's hopeing gunzo can pull of a good video but the un-go track is meh.

Go_Ly_Dow

Chiyayafuru 1

Not bad at all. Potential for a semi-decent show in a season full of despair!

Will check out episodes 2 and 3.

The blossoms at the beginning almost blinded me.

Chihayafuru 1

Finally something good to watch. The production for this episode was very impressive. I liked the way they transitioned to the flashback. I think I'll be sticking with this for the long haul.

Enron

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:

Crunchyroll started up by uploading a bunch of fansubs and made them available for streaming...........................................for a fee. They were taking other people's subs and charging people to watch them.

Eventually that disgusting behavior got them in hot water.

Just kidding, they were rewarded with companies knocking on their door to host their legit content and stream it.

The whole thing was disgusting.

Fuck CR.

Enron said:
Crunchyroll started up by uploading a bunch of fansubs and made them available for streaming...........................................for a fee. They were taking other people's subs and charging people to watch them.
Oops. Glad they stopped doing that.

Novid

Banned
Enron said:

Why would anybody deal with those folk? They screwing them over - THIS is the reason you need Union Representation. You need to get PAID SON for your stuff - fansub or not.

edit: beaten, but still blows chunks they pull that shit off.

Novid

Banned
Enron said:

Just kidding, they were rewarded with companies knocking on their door to host their legit content and stream it.

Fuck CR.

Finally an anime fan yall can be proud of.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Enron said:

Fuck CR.
If anything you should be directing the complaints at the companies.

CR just got lucky.

Novid

Banned
Aigis said:
If anything you should be directing the complaints at the companies.

CR just got lucky.

Luck?

LUCK?

Try Rockfeller money. Thats NOT LUCK, thats outright taken over the world shit right there son.

Geneijin

New Un-Go PV

Also, it's hard to find details about the prequel episode. Anyone know where I could?

Edit: I see now. So when the TV series is airing, they'll air the prequel episode (11/19) in theaters.

Leaving this here for anyone else curious.

Cwarrior

Chihayafuru ep1

Pretty good liked it, started off different then the manga they add mono no aware(
manga starts where the flash back starts, so its not a flash back in the manga
)

Looks quite nice, glad I didn't read past chapter 1 in the manga so next ep will be fresh to me.

Am waiting for the episode someone loses an eye playing kurata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom