• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
Ah, I bet they are going to be more cautious with Timmy than that. I expect 4 games minimum. With this type of standings lead, we have leeway. Besides, we planned to give him rest anyway.

I wouldn't hold your breath with Tiago.

Well I'm not saying he's going to play at an all star level or anything, but you have to admit, a Bonner/DeJuan front court subbing from the bench against a team like the Lakers would be fucking terrible.

charsace

Antoni's genius shining through. Using Melo in the QRich role which is the same way he used Gallo. He has completely eliminated the Joe Johnson part of his offense.

Antoni needs to go.

Under .500 since the trade.

Time to blow it up NY, if you can't beat the we-don't-give-a-fuck-about-our-seed Celtics, who can you beat?

Fire D'Antoni, beg for Felton to return

Amory

Crowd chanted "Paul Pierce Sucks" on like, 3 or 4 different occasions during that game, and they were the only times Pierce then proceeded to put the Knicks over his knee.

He sucked until the crowd pissed him off.

Bread

Banned
That one felt good, Pierce and KG turned it on in the 4th and the Celtics don't lose when they're both making their shots. KG's jump ball was amazing, I love seeing that hustle in a regular season game.

Tom Penny

charsace said:
Antoni's genius shining through. Using Melo in the QRich role which is the same way he used Gallo. He has completely eliminated the Joe Johnson part of his offense.

Antoni needs to go.

Under .500 since the trade.

C'mon dude. Realistically can you win big in the real scheme of things with a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about defense?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Tom Penny said:
C'mon dude. Realistically can you win big in the real scheme of things with a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about defense?
He was a freak Joe Johnson injury away from a championship in 05.

The funny thing is the last two games it hasn't really been Defense, it's offense. They don't look comfortable at all down the stretch, it's like the identity they build the 1st 3 quarters they suddenly lose in the 4th. I have no idea why D'Antoni didn't call timeout down the stretch other than the fact Knicks might've only had 1 left and you need it in case of the defensive stop/final possession.

Like I said game-to-game you don't know what team will show up. Why they don't just go Amar'e down the stretch (like they had most of the year) and have him pass it around I'll never know... the team just doesn't know what to do at times down the stretch, It's silly. Yeah there's the adjustment period but they're running out of time.

Rodeo Clown said:

That was one of the most talented teams in recent NBA history.

It's okay, Millsap's skill will save em.

Wow, it's like Millsap was the best player for the Jazz easily tonight, but you didn't even bother to check the box score and made a random post that made your argument look even worse. This is like arguing that Pau had no skill when his Grizzlies were the worst team in the NBA for like five years straight.

dream

@thechrispalmer The only thing the Knicks executed down the stretch was their chances of winning. 8 minutes ago

@C_Ramsay Celtics outscore Knicks 23-4 down the stretch to win 96-86. Impressive run by Boston. 10 minutes ago

@thechrispalmer New York now 7-9 since the Melo trade. 13 minutes ago

RJ taking over the game.

obijkenobi said:
Well I'm not saying he's going to play at an all star level or anything, but you have to admit, a Bonner/DeJuan front court subbing from the bench against a team like the Lakers would be fucking terrible.

Oh I hate Bonner-Blair too. I think we are terrible with that lineup. Thats why I think Blair has to start, even though we are better with Dice.

I'll write a post about my thoughts on our rotation after the game.

Rodeo Clown said:

Not really though.

But Amare is amazing, agreed. Sure his defense sucks, but he is definitely a big net positive for a team. Personally, I put the onus more on D'Antoni.

charsace

Rodeo Clown said:
Back then he actually ran an offense that let Joe Johnson iso and post up and Marion get some points off cuts.

All he does now is have 4 guys on the perimeter with Amare on the inside alone. This is why he loves to play shawn williams at the 4 on offense and have him guard centers. And he runs the same shitty elbow play for Amare repeatedly. And once in a blue moon he will call it for melo. And the pick and roll is the other thing we run. And sometimes he runs ruboffs at the elbows. We don't run any curls, cuts or anything else. If a guy wants to drive they have to work their way from the 3pt line to the basket every time. Where is the offensive genius in this? Fields used to cut to the basket and Antoni told him to stop doing it. Why not have cutters when teams are packing the damn paint?

Anyways fuck Antoni.

Jesus I think D'Antoni sweated off ten pounds... dude looks HAGGARD in the press conference.
charsace said:
Back then he actually ran an offense that let Joe Johnson iso and post up and Marion get some points off cuts.

All he does now is have 4 guys on the perimeter with Amare on the inside alone. This is why he loves to play shawn williams at the 4 on offense and have him guard centers. And he runs the same shitty elbow play for Amare repeatedly. And once in a blue moon he will call it for melo. And the pick and roll is the other thing we run. And sometimes he runs ruboffs at the elbows. We don't run any curls, cuts or anything else. If a guy wants to drive they have to work their way from the 3pt line to the basket every time. Where is the offensive genius in this? Fields used to cut to the basket and Antoni told him to stop doing it. Why not have cutters when teams are packing the damn paint?

Anyways fuck Antoni.
Bolded for truth.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Wow, it's like Millsap was the best player for the Jazz easily tonight, but you didn't even bother to check the box score and made a random post that made your argument look even worse. This is like arguing that Pau had no skill when his Grizzlies were the worst team in the NBA for like five years straight.

lolu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom