• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stats:

Fisher had 2 points in 46 minutes without making a shot.

Frye played 57 minutes!

Lamar played 55 minutes!

Kobe was 1 assist away from a triple double.

the Lakers took 120 shots

the Lakers had only 6 TOs. Wow. Suns just 13.

And Vince was -20 in triple OT in 40 minutes.

Sanjuro

Booshka said:
Clutch steals. Leadership, keep looking at stats and talking shit.
Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm not talking shit, I'm pointing out the reason your team went into three fucking overtimes!

SamuraiX-

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Serious question, how the fuck is Derek Fisher employed by anyone in the NBA?

46 minutes.
2 assists.
2 points.
0-7 FGA.

He gets to hack people and flop all over the court and get away with it.

All that fellatio pays off.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
Interesting stats:

Fisher had 2 points in 46 minutes without making a shot.

Frye played 57 minutes!

Lamar played 55 minutes!

Kobe was 1 assist away from a triple double.

the Lakers took 120 shots

the Lakers had only 6 TOs. Wow. Suns just 13.

And Vince was -20 in triple OT in 40 minutes.

def one of the best games this year, also the best scoring game this season right

Booshka

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm not talking shit, I'm pointing out the reason your team went into three fucking overtimes!
No, the reason that happened is because our second unit blew a huge lead.

Black Mamba said:
eh, then Kobe or Ron would post up at will. You can't play small 2 guard versus LAL.
Brooks offense >> Ron's postup game.
Is it anything like the Donnie Walsh strategy? Cause that doesn't work anywhere.
Like trying to get a logical answer out of you, Walsh's strategy will take time.

Darkman M

Lakers fans know Fisher is mostly a liability on the court, but what can we do Blake isn't Deron and Fish brings leadership and is rugged. Phil and Kobe will trust Fish down the stretch when things get tight.

Zep said:
No lakers fans seem to be calling him out.

uh, go back through the thread. I mentioned multiple times how i wanted Blake in over Fisher. Fisher made a couple nice steals but was otherwise awful.

Bench almost gave this game away, though. Up 21 and Shannon + Luke nearly gave it up.

Omiee

BruceLeeRoy said:
Alvin Gentry is probably the nicest coach in the nba but nah.

pretty good coach though, you saw what he did with the suns last year.
at what point are we going to think about our future coach though?

Zep

Banned
Black Mamba said:
uh, go back through the thread. I mentioned multiple times how i wanted Blake in over Fisher. Fisher made a couple nice steals but was otherwise awful.

That makes you as bad as someone who cheers for one player.

Derwind

2998.jpg
derek-fisher1.jpg

There can only be one!

Booshka

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You wouldn't be blowing leads if you kept scoring points. That is what your team is built to do.
Since the All-Star break it has been defense winning games, and that's what it will be in the playoffs as well. Obviously, Bynum is out and the Suns have potent offense, but if the second unit would have played better defense and score as well, the Suns wouldn't have got back into it. There was also a huge momentum shift (especially for Frye) when they cut into the lead.

How are you not talking shit when you question how anyone would employ Fisher in the NBA, that is nothing but shit-talk. It's one game where he played very badly, but I still don't put all the blame of the 3OT epic on him. That goes on the second unit imo.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Red Blaster said:
Inside the NBA with fucking Webber and Brent Barry? Why even bother?
Yeah.. it gets super awkward some times. I can't count how many long pauses I have witnessed tonight.

There is just no chemistry between the 3.

Red Blaster said:
Ron hasn't posted up since the Bush adminstration

he posted up Vince twice in this game. and successfully.

Whenever Ron gets a small on him, he posts up right away all the time. And he usually draws fouls. Either Brooks fouls too much or gets scored on. Brooks is 5'9 and like 160lb. he has no chance at guarding Kobe or Ron.

Sanjuro

Booshka said:
Since the All-Star break it has been defense winning games, and that's what it will be in the playoffs as well. Obviously, Bynum is out and the Suns have potent offense, but if the second unit would have played better defense and score as well, they wouldn't have got back into it. There was also a huge momentum shift (especially for Frye) when they cut into the lead.

How are you not talking shit when you question how anyone would employ Fisher in the NBA, that is nothing but shit-talk. It's one game where he played very badly, but I still don't put all the blame of the 3OT epic on him. That goes on the second unit imo.
Then you don't understand your team very well. They aren't junk on the defensive end, but once you start relying on that your team will be bounced in the first/second round. Don't kid yourself, this team is built to score fucking points.

It's not talking shit when it's an easy thing to prove. If the Lakers had a solid PG they would be playing better ball. Simple as that.

lol @ the crying kid

Forceatowulf said:
Yeah.. it gets super awkward some times. I can't count how many long pauses I have witnessed tonight.

There is just no chemistry between the 3.

They need Ernie. I love Webber but hes a lot better with Ernie.

The Crimson Blur said:
I wonder what the record is for most career minutes with the least points.

I bet Fish is in the top 10. Probably best in NBA history if you add the playoffs.

Would you believe Fisher's career average is 12.1. he's going to cross the 10k plateau next season, too. lol.

I bet Ben Wallace is worse, though.

The Crimson Blur said:
I wonder what the record is for most career minutes with the least points.

I bet Fish is in the top 10. Probably best in NBA history if you add the playoffs.

Just a quick check and he averages like half a point less than Horry and about a full point less than Rodman per game over their careers. Be interesting to see the minutes/games played comparison over that time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom