• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Scooter said:
Just a quick check and he averages like half a point less than Horry and about a full point less than Rodman per game over their careers. Be interesting to see the minutes/games played comparison over that time though.

I just looked up Ben Wallace. He has around 6k points in 31k minutes. Fisher is almost 10k in 29k minutes.

yeah but he has to be the worst starting pg in the league

Rather start Fish than Bibby.

donkey show said:
109485596.png

"Tonight's Playeeeer of the Game!"

The Crimson Blur said:
Nah its only 8.8. You're looking at per36.

whoop, you're right. scrolled too fast down the page. Still better than Ben Wallace, at least. he'll always have that.

Wiz had 27 TOs while Lakers/Suns combined for 19 in 3OT. heh.

Black Mamba said:
I just looked up Ben Wallace. He has around 6k points in 31k minutes. Fisher is almost 10k in 29k minutes.

Rather start Fish than Bibby.

Yeah, Horry and Rodman are pretty much in the same ball park too. Fish is pretty far ahead of all 3 in terms of points with around the same amount of minutes.

The Crimson Blur said:
Oh god Inside the NBA is so bad right now.

"27 turnovers"
"wow"
"27 turnovers!"
"...uh huh"
"thats a lot!"
"mm"
"...."
"...."
"Did I mention they had 27 turnovers?"

Its so damn akward. Screw it the excitement is gone I am off to bed gents.

Darkman M said:
Regular season? Nah, but i feel for them to be successful in the playoffs Duncan has to be the best player.

Well nothing matters for the regular season for us because wins and losses don't matter anymore.

But I doubt we would've broke 50 if we hadn't had him for the whole season.

Omiee said:
thats what i was thinking, they are fine without him for now.
doubt they would win a series against dallas or la without the guy.

I don't think we beat anyone without him. Memphis would wreck us.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
After what Fish has done for us in the finals he can have a handful of awful games in the regular season. I really don't give a flying fuck.

The moment Fish starts shitting the bed in the playoffs is the only moment in which I will agree it's time to get rid of him. Until then, he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Booshka

Forceatowulf said:
After what Fish has done for us in the finals he can have a handful of awful games in the regular season. I really don't give a flying fuck.

The moment Fish starts shitting the bed in the playoffs is the only moment in which I will agree it's time to get rid of him. Until then, he can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Cloudy

Banned
Forceatowulf said:

I agree but unfortunately he has a handful of good games with the rest being terrible

Booshka

Cloudy said:
I agree but unfortunately he has a handful of good games with the rest being terrible
Handful of the good games are in the Playoffs and Finals, and the rest are mostly in the regular season.

exarkun

Can we blow up the Suns team? They are that one team that just sits on the playoff bubble and its annoying. I can't get excited for them, they play no defense, and it just seems like they can't win the big game. Look, the Rockets are in a down year and somehow we end higher in the standings than them.

The other teams in the bottom of the conference are just bad because of a variety of reasons. The Suns are bad because of only one reason: they play a brand of ball that isn't entertaining to watch and its not conducive to winning. Nash is dope, but everyone else gets a "pass". Except for Peitrus, cause I love him.

They should rename themselves the Phoenix Bleh.

Forceatowulf said:

While I agree, my beef is with Phil. Why is Fish playing 46 minutes even if he's playing well? Blake only got 16 minutes tonight. That is just not right for a 3OT game. And tonight Fish was horrible on offense, more horrible than usual.

Phil has actually used Blake when Fish has stunk, even in crunch time. But not tonight; I don't get why.

Darkman M

Black Mamba said:
While I agree, my beef is with Phil. Why is Fish playing 46 minutes even if he's playing well? Blake only got 16 minutes tonight. That is just not right for a 3OT game. And tonight Fish was horrible on offense, more horrible than usual.

Phil has actually used Blake when Fish has stunk, even in crunch time. But not tonight; I don't get why.

Yeah Blake should be playing more minutes.

exarkun said:
They are that one team that just sits on the playoff bubble
they play no defense
it just seems like they can't win the big game

You know...

Thats like a perfect description of the Rockets...

exarkun said:
The other teams in the bottom of the conference are just bad because of a variety of reasons. The Suns are bad because of only one reason: they play a brand of ball that isn't entertaining to watch and its not conducive to winning. Nash is dope, but everyone else gets a "pass". Except for Peitrus, cause I love him.

You're saying this after they had one of the most entertaining games of the season? You picked a hell of a time to call the Suns boring...

Derwind

Well at least Phoenix has a fall back game with Toronto. I mean really, its the Raptors, its not like we're that far ahead of the cavs in overall greatness. :/

giri

exarkun said:
Can we blow up the Suns team? They are that one team that just sits on the playoff bubble and its annoying. I can't get excited for them, they play no defense, and it just seems like they can't win the big game. Look, the Rockets are in a down year and somehow we end higher in the standings than them.

What? I agree the suns team should be blown up, but maybe you forgot that this "brand" of bball got them to the WCF last year, where amare went on to shit the bed. it's not SSOLL ball, hasn't been for years. The rockets are a team of scrappers, and as much as the suns need to tank for a top draft pick, that team needs to be blown the hell up also.

The suns under gentry win more games when they actually make an effort to play D. They're never going to be boston however...

Pkaz01

Red Blaster said:
Is Wince the most hated player in the NBA today? He's gotta be.
i never understood why Toronto's fans booed him even til this day.. but after that game I get it now, and he deserves every single boo he has gotten and will continue to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom