• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Pace Factors:
98.2 for the season (second fastest in the NBA)
96.5 the last 15 games (since the trade)
95.4 the last 7 games
92.0 the last 3 games

Monday night's game with Boston was another slow one that will be in the same neighborhood as the recent stragglers. Boston was at 92.8 for the year entering Monday. New York played to their pace.

The recent slump is not a case of the new Knicks having trouble adjusting to D'Antoni's style. D'Antoni's style has been thrown out the window!

We're on the outside looking in. And, those on the inside aren't always open about what's happening when a switch gets flicked like this. This does seem like a meaningful development.

It's not like Carmelo isn't used to pace. Entering Monday action, Denver--his old team--ranked just behind the Knicks in the #3 spot in tempo at 98.0. Whether it's to save themselves for the playoffs, or because depth is lacking after the trade, or because somebody somewhere is being obstinate, a Mark D'Antoni team has stopped running.

Also, Blaster, who likes KG?

Red Blaster said:
Plenty of people (Heat Triple L's) like LeBron. I'm pretty sure absolutely no one likes Wince

You said most hated, most people don't give two shits about Vince. Sure no one likes him but not many people out right hate him.

Red Blaster said:
Plenty of people (Heat Triple L's) like LeBron. I'm pretty sure absolutely no one likes Wince

I think most people just don't care anymore. The hate for Bron, Kobe, and KG is still alive and real. Sure, almost no one likes him, but even more don't know anything about him. Everyone has an opinion on Lebron James.

linsivvi

Red Blaster said:
Is Wince the most hated player in the NBA today? He's gotta be.

Nobody hates Vince except the teams that he played for. I mean, people laugh at him and all that, but that's not hate. Hate is reserved for the likes of Lebron and Pierce.

Pkaz01

Every fan of a team should experience feeling of hatred that vince gives after every missed shot. I didn't really like turk but even he made some clutch shots and actually helped out the team once in a while. vince just laughs it up with the opposite players as the team gets blown out. No heart what so ever. You have nash killing himself to win in triple OT and vince is laughing it up as he bricks open shots.

Omiee

MorisUkunRasik said:
1. LeBron
2. Bosh
3. KG
4. JR Smith
5. Nate Robinson

Honorable mentions: Kevin martin, Birdman, Kenyon Martin, D Wade, Sasha Vujacic, Mike Bibby.

wait no kobe on your list or even a mention.

Anyhow my list for players i hate the most or just dislike.

1. lebron
2. kevin garnet
3. JR smith
4. Nate robinson
5. JR smith

no bosh for me since i dont realy hate the guy. Paul pierce could have been 5th as well for me.

MorisUkunRasik said:
1. LeBron
2. Bosh
3. KG
4. JR Smith
5. Nate Robinson

Honorable mentions: Kevin martin, Birdman, Kenyon Martin, D Wade, Sasha Vujacic, Mike Bibby.

Nate Robinson?! I love the little guy. Come on. My top 15:

1. Fisher
2. Najera
3. Dampier
4. Posey
5. Kobe
6. Lebron
7. Terry
8. Blatche
9. Baron
10. Pierce
11. Vujacic
12. KG
13. JR Smith
14. Vince
15. Bibby

Derwind

Oh no, the entire city of Toronto hates Wince. Pretty much coasted two seasons outright faking injuries and then he goes out like a bitch by telling our rookie (Bitch made Bosh) how much he wants to leave the city.

And then the next season we meet his New Jersey team in the post-season and they knock us out in 6 games. With him playing better than he did anytime he was in Toronto.

Fuck him, I'm glad his career is going no where.

exarkun

giri said:
What? I agree the suns team should be blown up, but maybe you forgot that this "brand" of bball got them to the WCF last year, where amare went on to shit the bed. it's not SSOLL ball, hasn't been for years. The rockets are a team of scrappers, and as much as the suns need to tank for a top draft pick, that team needs to be blown the hell up also.

The suns under gentry win more games when they actually make an effort to play D. They're never going to be boston however...

Thats true. You guys did go, but this season has just solidified the "need to start over" vibe I get. And yea, the Rockets do too but I would argue we have more quality pieces than Dudley and Frye types.

I think every team needs an identity to win, and the Suns don't have that. They used to play SSOLL ball, and that was the identity. Then Gentry comes and he keeps the offense but adds some defense (along with Lopez from last year, who was great). But this year they lost it and it looks to me like last year was flukey (what happened to Lopez other than getting injured?).

Another team that plays with no identity is the Hawks. Kinda of just "meh" all around, with a team full of people who would be great on other teams, but not one where it all depends on them.

Fuuuuuck and I completely forgot Hill. Hill is a beast, keep him at all costs.

Omiee said:
wait no kobe on your list or even a mention.

It's a personal list, I understand the hate for him. Hell I'd understand hate for a lot of The Laker Roster (i.e. Fish, Bynum), but I personally have no hateful feelings towards them.

Pkaz01

MorisUkunRasik said:
1. LeBron
2. Bosh
3. KG
4. Kobe
5. Paul Pierce

thats mine right there.

smith and robinson haven't pissed off fans of other teams like kobe and pierce have. And who hates birdman?

Pkaz01 said:
smith and robinson haven't pissed off fans of other teams like kobe and pierce have. And who hates birdman?

It was a personal list.

After The Lakers beat the celtics the hate for their entire team deflated a bit for me, like after beating up a bully. So my pierce hate went down a bit since seeing his heart broken, KG's asshole-ness transcends that shit though.

Smith and Robinson on the other hand will proudly gloat and shout as if stole the ball from Kobe, broke MJ's ankle and dunked on Hakeem after making wide open 3s.

As for no one hating Birdman, fuck Birdman.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
Why do you guys hate Nate Rob? What the fuck?

i dont know, iv never realy hated the guy before this last finals.
just the look of him taunting us and the players when they won the game at home, i just hated him since.

Pkaz01

MorisUkunRasik said:
It was a personal list.

After The Lakers beat the celtics the hate for their entire team deflated a bit for me, like after beating up a bully. So my pierce hate went down a bit since seeing his heart broken, KG's asshole-ness transcends that shit though.

Smith and Robinson on the other hand will proudly gloat and shout as if stole the ball from Kobe, broke MJ's ankle and dunked on Hakeem after making wide open 3s.

As for no one hating Birdman, fuck Birdman.
Oh in that case its understandable. I was going for a more universally hated list thats why i was surprised at the non mention of kobe and pierce. There are a lot of players that everyone hates but wouldn't mind if they are on their team.

Pkaz01 said:
Oh in that case its understandable. I was going for a more universally hated list thats why i was surprised at the non mention of kobe and pierce. There are a lot of players that everyone hates but wouldn't mind if they are on their team.

The guys I listed I would hate even if they played for the lakers. Quote me on that.

Omiee said:
wooow the guy is a fucking douche, that ejection was just horrible.

I remember watching that game. Mo Pete was like our Mo Williams, the guy who cared after the star left, and then Wince came back and hit the dagger. It was such a gut punch, one of those existential moments.

Omiee

MorisUkunRasik said:
The guys I listed I would hate even if they played for the lakers. Quote me on that.

yeah i would still hate jr smith , KG, paul pierce and lebron even if they played for the lakers, i just realy dislike those guys.

my personal list is something like:

1. Pierce
2. KG
3. JR Smith
4. Wade
5. Najera

5th i'm not totally sure on.

edit: my all-time most hated player was Karl Malone. And I hated every minute he played for the Lakers and in the end I've come to reconcile that the 2004 season could only end in calamity as a result, thanks largely to Malone getting hurt for like the 1st time in his career.

Tim Thomas would be on my list if he still played, too.

Omiee

i realy like to see what people say to each other during basketball games, i loved that footage of kobe being miced the whole game and him talking to spurs players.
i wonder if the hate KG sometime shows in the game for kobe etc if thats real or if its just for the fans.

Omiee said:
lol thats not real right? i know the voices are not real but i mean what they said.

There's no way that they jabbed at eachother with quotes from next friday and an Outkast song.

But in the future I will try my best to remember to call KG an Old punk ass bitch, crazy bitch, old dumbass bitch, a bitch's bitch.

Omiee

MorisUkunRasik said:
There's no way that they jabbed at eachother with quotes from next friday and an Outkast song.

But in the future I will try my best to remember to call KG an Old punk ass bitch, crazy bitch, old dumbass bitch, a bitch's bitch.

hahaha you never know what they call each other in the heat of a game

LiveFromKyoto said:
Actually I heard that's how the Deron/Jerry Sloan disagreement went down.

DWill: Bullshit, motherfucker! Do you know who you are fucking with?
Jerry: Bishop Desmond Tutu?
DWill: Try again, motherfucker!
Jerry: Winnie Mandela's lil'...
DWill: Try *again*, motherfucker!
Jerry: Just an ugly ass black dude.
DWill: I'll go *postal* in this motherfucker!
Jerry: Man, you better take your hostile black ass outta here!

the rest is history.

giri

exarkun said:
Thats true. You guys did go, but this season has just solidified the "need to start over" vibe I get. And yea, the Rockets do too but I would argue we have more quality pieces than Dudley and Frye types.

I think every team needs an identity to win, and the Suns don't have that. They used to play SSOLL ball, and that was the identity. Then Gentry comes and he keeps the offense but adds some defense (along with Lopez from last year, who was great). But this year they lost it and it looks to me like last year was flukey (what happened to Lopez other than getting injured?).

Another team that plays with no identity is the Hawks. Kinda of just "meh" all around, with a team full of people who would be great on other teams, but not one where it all depends on them.

Fuuuuuck and I completely forgot Hill. Hill is a beast, keep him at all costs.
Oh, the team as a whole lacks an identity for sure, since amare left there's been no consistent big, for the PnR which is what all that floor spacing was for. Want to double on the PnR ? pass out to 3pt shooter. Don't double ? amare / nash is going to score. And i've been saying blow it up since about game 15.

I don't know what the team is doing with lopez. They had a few good trades on the table for him at the trade deadline but refused to trade him "as he's the big of the future". That's fine, but if he is, you HAVE TO GIVE HIM MINUTES. i don't care if i'ts a gortat & lopez front line for 15mpg, but between frye, gortat & lopez they should be splitting the minutes between the 4 & 5 spots about equaly. Not frye playing 40mpgs and warrick getting 2 minutes.

Gortat should start. I know he plays more minutes anyway, but he's so much better than Lopez who is really just a stiff.

And Nash is playing well with him. Gortat is a far better scorer, rebounder, passer, defender than Lopez. I really don't get how Lopez is that bad at rebounding on a poor rebounding team.

Gortat should get 33-36mpg while Lopez gets the bench minutes.

Phoenix needs to figure out what to do about Vince. He's washed up but still wants to shoot a lot of jumpers.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Well, it's not like he can do anything else, he has the vertical jump of a penguin.

There was a time when he'd post up. And drive. But he's so afraid of contact (moreso than in his youth).

He's just so lifeless out there. I really don't know how to describe it another way. It's strange seeing guys like KG, Pierce, Kobe, Nash, Ginobili, etc still play at a high level in their 30s while Vince Carter kind of just floats around on the court. He coulda been so good.

Holyyyyyyyyy shittttttttttttt. what a fucking game tonight

got tp the club and there was a few peeps up in there... they had the game showing on all the flatscrerens in that bitch. so naturallyt everyone was watching the game, two dudes i work with were with me at the club and they're both laker haters so tney were going juts every time a sun player made a basket. lucky for us, though, ron artest has fucking ice water in his veins, so he pullefd us through. i meamn seriuslty.... that fucking fading shot across the ft line was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick haha. everyone in the club [except my two co-sworkers] went crazu on that. fiucking tyriple over time. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. too sick. anyway,,, just got in from te club. danced with a few bitches... grabbed some ass and titties,... there was a girl who was def. rolling [aka on ecstasy]... she started backing it up on me an d almost made me finger her, but i knew better than that lol. i don't know where that pussy's been tyo!

anyway,,, giod game laker gam. im out. peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom