• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

He should of left his headband on wow at that forehead. And the lady next to him looks like his secretary or some shit..

Black Mamba said:
Gortat should get 33-36mpg while Lopez gets the bench minutes.

Phoenix needs to figure out what to do about Vince. He's washed up but still wants to shoot a lot of jumpers.
He usually does get around 35 mins per game. Vince is gone next year totally going to get bought out. I expect the suns to blow it up in the off season. Only people i'd like to keep are dudley, gortat, and maybe frye if he keeps it up. The rest can go.

Man, Perry Jones didn't even win AAU games. I thought just his high school and college teams massively underperformed every year, but even his AAU teams did. How can a team pick this guy top 5? You know who does win though? Nikola Mirotic!

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/46210/arti.html

Wouldn't mind the Jazz finding a way to get him if the team didn't already have a million power forwards.

On a different subject, JaVale McGee with one of the greatest blocks of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziVjMKgi4w

Sad to see it happen to Matthews though and probably sad for McGee to do it since it joins the mixtape he'll use to sucker some team out of a lot of money.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
1. Kobe - it's his face, damn beady eyes. The fact that his game looks just like a 33 year old Jordan annoys me. I respect the man though.

2. Lebron - used to love him when he was on the cavs, now? Fuck him.

It's hard to hate players like the old days :(

Top 5 most hated

1. Bill lambeer
2. John Starks
3. Anthony fucking mason
4. Dennis rodman - before he joined the bulls lol
5. Derrick Coleman - wasted talent

Darkman M

RJNavarrete said:
Holyyyyyyyyy shittttttttttttt. what a fucking game tonight

got tp the club and there was a few peeps up in there... they had the game showing on all the flatscrerens in that bitch. so naturallyt everyone was watching the game, two dudes i work with were with me at the club and they're both laker haters so tney were going juts every time a sun player made a basket. lucky for us, though, ron artest has fucking ice water in his veins, so he pullefd us through. i meamn seriuslty.... that fucking fading shot across the ft line was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick haha. everyone in the club [except my two co-sworkers] went crazu on that. fiucking tyriple over time. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. too sick. anyway,,, just got in from te club. danced with a few bitches... grabbed some ass and titties,... there was a girl who was def. rolling [aka on ecstasy]... she started backing it up on me an d almost made me finger her, but i knew better than that lol. i don't know where that pussy's been tyo!

anyway,,, giod game laker gam. im out. peace!

lulz

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh man. I was so tired last night that I didn't bother to watch LAL/PHX cause I didn't care who won, but now I'm pissed cause apparently I missed a triple OT.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
Oh man. I was so tired last night that I didn't bother to watch LAL/PHX cause I didn't care who won, but now I'm pissed cause apparently I missed a triple OT.

It wasn't your classic triple OT circus with clutch shots galore. Felt like neither of them wanted to win by the end of it.

reilo

fmuErL

... the fuck

reilo

The Hawks have the worst three home losses of any NBA team. In their last six losses, the Hawks have lost by an average of 18 points.

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
The Hawks have the worst three home losses of any NBA team. In their last six losses, the Hawks have lost by an average of 18 points.
But at least they're primed to get better and aren't handcuffed by terrible contracts, an apathetic fanbase or questionable decisions by management.

Oh wait...

Derwind

KingGondo said:
But at least they're primed to get better and aren't handcuffed by terrible contracts, an apathetic fanbase or questionable decisions by management.

Oh wait...

Hey, that pretty much describe's the leagues lower bracket of teams. Including Toronto.....>_<

Derwind

Sho_Nuff82 said:
He slapped a grown man, got away with it, and then daggered your team. Yeah, I'd be mad too. Nets fans don't really hate Vince, he gave us some of the better years of his career.

Nothing against the Nets, though RJ's dagger in the 6 game of our matchup in the Playoffs made me scream at my T.V.

But seriously, I wouldn't hate Vince so much, if he was even marginally likable.

He gave zero effort in his 7 year in Toronto to which he admitted. He spent two season bench warming fake injuries. Like he'll go out for 32 games because of a hang nail....-_-

He bitched to rookie Chris Bosh(another bitch made player) about how much he wants to leave Toronto.

I got nothing against NJ, Orlando or Phoenix. They're great teams but seriously but wherever Wince is located will get a full load of my bitter feelings. A full load!!!

reilo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
He slapped a grown man, got away with it, and then daggered your team. Yeah, I'd be mad too. Nets fans don't really hate Vince, he gave us some of the better years of his career.
You can't make shit like #5 up.

But #3 is the true irony of it all.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I called to inquire about Bulls season tickets and they just sold out yesterday. I'm up high on the waitlist. I'm pissed.

Future superstars in this draft: None
Future all-stars: Irving, Valanciunas
Future starters: Williams, Vesely

That's it :( Kanter and Jones could be great, but have like 80% bust potential, Knight, Jimmer, Kemba, and Burks should be good scorers off the bench, but that's not what you want in a top ten pick.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sacramento’s Mayor is already preparing for life without the Kings.

In a strongly worded blog posted on his website Tuesday night, Mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson wrote the franchise’s possible relocation to Anaheim “feels like a slow death” and this “will likely be the Kings’ final weeks in Sacramento after 26 years.”
I'll always remember you, Sacramento.

thekad said:
How is Rose #1 on ESPN's MVP Watch?

Tough to find a guy in this league who can score 25 points on 20 shots.

Really ESPN?

Per ESPN Research, he is on pace to become the fifth player to average at least 24.6 points, 4.3 boards and 7.8 dimes.

They're trolling themselves now.

SUPREME1

Banned
That game last night was the perfect ending to my birthday.

- Received birthday calls from basically every person I really care about in this world throughout the day.

- Co-workers took me out to lunch at Casey's Irish Pub, had me a black and tan and a bacon/swiss/avocado burger.

- Took a few tokes of some King Louis Platinum Kush after work with my best friend.

- Went to the in-laws for some thai food and some birthday cake. Began watching the game.

- Arrived home and got some birthday head from the wife.

- Lakers win in Triple OT. Fucking amazing. Side note: My wife made me crack up when she said the following about Nash: "That guy is good. Isn't he the old man who cried in the playoffs?" LOLOL.

I did not get any birthday head LOL

In Phil We Trust

YESSS, John Henson going back to school as well, don't have to worry about the Jazz picking him now (Henson sucks so bad at basketball, I can't believe he was considered a top 10 pick)

dream

Holy shit it was my birthday too what are the chances holy shit

I got birthday head...while the Bulls game was on...and I ended up seeing Boozer's face at a very inopportune time

thekad

Banned
Honestly, it's a two-man race between Lebron and Dwight. Rose getting MVP would be worse than Kobe getting it over KG in 08.

dream said:
Holy shit it was my birthday too what are the chances holy shit

I got birthday head...while the Bulls game was on...and I ended up seeing Boozer's face at a very inopportune time

I was wondering where Boozer was yesterday. Screwed my fantasy team.

Black Mamba said:
New York Pace Factors:
98.2 for the season (second fastest in the NBA)
96.5 the last 15 games (since the trade)
95.4 the last 7 games
92.0 the last 3 games

Monday night's game with Boston was another slow one that will be in the same neighborhood as the recent stragglers. Boston was at 92.8 for the year entering Monday. New York played to their pace.

The recent slump is not a case of the new Knicks having trouble adjusting to D'Antoni's style. D'Antoni's style has been thrown out the window!

We're on the outside looking in. And, those on the inside aren't always open about what's happening when a switch gets flicked like this. This does seem like a meaningful development.

It's not like Carmelo isn't used to pace. Entering Monday action, Denver--his old team--ranked just behind the Knicks in the #3 spot in tempo at 98.0. Whether it's to save themselves for the playoffs, or because depth is lacking after the trade, or because somebody somewhere is being obstinate, a Mark D'Antoni team has stopped running.
Also, Blaster, who likes KG?

It's pretty obvious why the Knicks have slowed down, everything hinges on Amare and D'Antoni fucked up his knees earlier in the season playing him a billion minutes. You could trace the exact point he went from MVP candidate to decent player to a week long stretch of major minutes including some overtime, when he was already complaining his knee hurt. Now he's got bandaged knees without much lift so he's barreling into guys and turning the ball over at a high rate. Add to that Carmelo not knowing the system, a 35 year old point guard and reduced depth and things will slow down.

Mothman91

ImperialConquest said:
That game last night was the perfect ending to my birthday.

- Received birthday calls from basically every person I really care about in this world throughout the day.

- Co-workers took me out to lunch at Casey's Irish Pub, had me a black and tan and a bacon/swiss/avocado burger.

- Took a few tokes of some King Louis Platinum Kush after work with my best friend.

- Went to the in-laws for some thai food and some birthday cake. Began watching the game.

- Arrived home and got some birthday head from the wife.

- Lakers win in Triple OT. Fucking amazing. Side note: My wife made me crack up when she said the following about Nash: "That guy is good. Isn't he the old man who cried in the playoffs?" LOLOL.

I did not get any birthday head LOL

In Phil We Trust
That sounded awesome. Half of that stuff won't happen to me on my birthday. Happy late birthday.

LiveFromKyoto said:
It's pretty obvious why the Knicks have slowed down, everything hinges on Amare and D'Antoni fucked up his knees earlier in the season playing him a billion minutes. You could trace the exact point he went from MVP candidate to decent player to a week long stretch of major minutes including some overtime, when he was already complaining his knee hurt. Now he's got bandaged knees without much lift so he's barreling into guys and turning the ball over at a high rate. Add to that Carmelo not knowing the system, a 35 year old point guard and reduced depth and things will slow down.
mm... Amare's been turning the ball over a lot since day 1. Most thought it was because he was getting used to the system... but he's been in the 3.5+ TO range for awhile now. Scary how many games he turns the ball over 7 - 8 times. Blame the pace on Billups. Look how how he affected the Nuggets.

Argh, this year kind of sucks. Usually around this time I start prospect-hunting for the draft but nooooooooooooo, we just had to give our (unprotected!) pick away for Mo Fricking Williams.

Ugh.

Derwind

Adam Blade said:
Argh, this year kind of sucks. Usually around this time I start prospect-hunting for the draft but nooooooooooooo, we just had to give our (unprotected!) pick away for Mo Fricking Williams.

Ugh.

Streling: Dem be beautiful black bodies!!! *trollface*

sterlingTroll.jpg

Actually the answer is simple: D'Antoni went to Billups and talked to him. D'Antoni said in an interview afterward that until Billups felt 100% with the D'Antoni offense and the teammates he's letting Billups run it at his pace, but to look to push when Knicks have the man advantage. In other words,m Billups decides the pace when he's if, which is another reason why you see the Knicks run the D'Antoni offense a lot more with Douglas at the point. Not to mention the whole quicker/younger thing. Now of course he can't run it as much even when he "gets it" but he's a heady guy, he'll figure it out.

I posted that like 2 weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom