• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
obijkenobi said:
Yeah, but I think Blair is at his best against other team's second units or at the end of the other team's first unit rotation (when players are getting a bit gassed, his energy can really cause troubles). And if we can pair him with Tim/Dice/Splitter, even better. I still don't like Bonner/Blair. Especially against a team with bigs that play in the post.

Oh yeah Bonner/Blair is murder. I hate it too.

I like how Blair's energy sets the tone for us early. I think he really keeps the guys focused.

Pop needed to take that time out a minute ago. We're playing really sloppy on offense and not rotating on defense. We're trying to run with Denver which is dumb.

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He wouldn't start on several of those. George, Thornton, Harden are all very arguably better and Reddick guarding points is pain. Bass wouldn't start on:

Reddick is better than all 3 of those guys, and handily soo.

I wouldn't argue bass or turk, Bass is too under sized, and turk is too ball.

Cloudy

Banned
Knicks lost a winnable game because they used a SF on Dwight and went away from Melo for half of the 4th qtr. I still believe they can beat anyone in the East except Boston though.

The Crimson Blur said:
Our defense without Timmy is comically bad.

Wasn't there someone from Lakers-Age trying to say that Duncan getting hurt could help the Spurs since we weren't really using him anyway? This was the time he first got hurt against the warriors (fuck those assholes btw)

Cloudy said:
Knicks lost a winnable game because they used a SF on Dwight and went away from Melo for half of the 4th qtr. I still believe they can beat anyone in the East except Boston though.

What have the Knicks demonstrated that makes you believe they can beat any of the other 7 playoff teams in the East. They'd lose to the Pacecars at the rate they're going.

Cloudy said:

so essentially a sub .500 record makes you the 2nd best team in the East? What the fuck is wrong with you?

obijkenobi said:
Wasn't there someone from Lakers-Age trying to say that Duncan getting hurt could help the Spurs since we weren't really using him anyway? This was the time he first got hurt against the warriors (fuck those assholes btw)

That was probably old man jobber. He doesn't appreciate Timmy for some reason.

SI: "There is No Overstating Duncan's Importance":

Duncan is the main (and possibly only) thing standing between the Spurs and defensive mediocrity. He is the team’s sole reliable rim protector, and the Spurs have quietly allowed a whopping six more points per 100 possessions with Duncan on the bench this season, according to Basketball Value. For the 28 minutes Duncan is on the floor every game, the Spurs defend only a smidgen worse than Boston and Chicago — and that difference vanishes once you factor in how much more potent Western Conference offenses are than their counterparts in the East. With Duncan on the bench, San Antonio defends like a league-average team.

Duncan #1 in NBA in BLK/PF and no one else is even close. He has 1.2, McGee, the next best, has .84

Cloudy naively believes Melo is a top 5 player in the league.

Knicks have 4 1/2 players total. You can't beat any legit teams with that in a series.

Derwind

Clearly the Raps are only good at letting there Fanbase down. -_-

At least they have a high ceiling in terms of potential as a team, I mean when you've hit rock bottom, thats usually the case. :shrug

But we've hit rock bottom for like 3 years now....-_-....*sigh*

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
so essentially a sub .500 record makes you the 2nd best team in the East? What the fuck is wrong with you?
I'm not saying they're the second best but they have the 2nd or 3rd best "big 3" and depth won't mean much in the playoffs. D'Antoni needs to get a clue and stop playing Williams vs bigs though lol

giri

Ninja Scooter said:
I CAN see them winning one of games against just about anyone. I can't see it over 7 games.

thekad

Banned
4wQQ.png

Jeff-DSA

Blackface said:
Can I just come out and say it?

I told all the NY fans this would happen. Yet I got trolled and called retarded.

FUCKING LAWL.

I said the same thing, man. We should be GMs.

Highest of fives!

Cloudy said:
I'm not saying they're the second best but they have the 2nd or 3rd best "big 3" and depth won't mean much in the playoffs. D'Antoni needs to get a clue and stop playing Williams vs bigs though lol

Depth doesn't matter AS much, but you still have to be able to go 5-7 deep. 3 deep and no defense won't do shit come playoff time. And he has to play Williams against bigs because they don't have shit else, and they are already wearing out Amare on offense making him play the best big defensively will kill him (not that he plays any D anyway). You are crazy. They would probably lose a 7 game series to the fucking Hawks, let alone the Heat or Bulls or Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom