• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Dear Knicks,

If you want to be a contender, get a decent big man. A center that knows how to rebound, block shot, box out, alter players shots and generally clog the lane & make Guards & SF think twice before they drive into the hole.

Also try and sign someone who can soak up some minutes so A'mare isn't pushed to the brink. Keep in mind, his knees will one day expire and the clock is ticking closer & closer.

Also get a coach that is motivated towards making your team a defensive minded one. You know what they say, "The best Offense, is a good Defense".

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

Derwind said:
Dear Knicks,

If you want to be a contender, get a decent big man. A center that knows how to rebound, block shot, box out, alter players shots and generally clog the lane & make Guards & SF think twice before they drive into the hole.

Also try and sign someone who can soak up some minutes so A'mare isn't pushed to the brink. Keep in mind, his knees will one day expire and the clock is ticking closer & closer.

Also get a coach that is motivated towards making your team a defensive minded one. You know what they say, "The best Offense, is a good Defense".

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious.

Name this center.

numble

LJ11 said:
They've sold a ton of merchandise and tickets, Dolan's happy as fuck.

Billups is unwatchable, dude just scrambles for the 3 when shit is spiraling out of control.
Knicks always sell tickets and the merchandise revenue doesn't go to the Knicks.

Derwind

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Name this center.

It can be any center that can at least do two of those functions. I'm not guaranteeing they can find someone or that it'll be a big impact in there # of wins but thats what I'd work towards. :shrug

overcast

perfectchaos007 said:
I'm proud of the Rockets for winning all 4 quarters vs. the Warriors. I don't care who you play, if you win all 4 quarters, you are going to win the game.
Yup, pretty much a perfectly played game (against the warriors).

dream

God bless the Wizards. Blake's dunking every time he touches the ball because of them.

holy shit at that alley oop

Zeke

perfectchaos007 said:
I'm proud of the Rockets for winning all 4 quarters vs. the Warriors. I don't care who you play, if you win all 4 quarters, you are going to win the game.
thats some madden level shit right there

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Magic's second best player wouldn't start on most teams.
I've seen you say stupid things, but ... J-Rich, JJ redick & Jameer could find starters jobs easily elsewhere around the league.

LJ11

numble said:
Knicks always sell tickets and the merchandise revenue doesn't go to the Knicks.

Right, but people actually want to go and watch them play. You'd have to blow someone to take the tickets off your hands with the team they were fielding the last few years.

People actually want to go and spend money to watch them, which is all Dolan cares about. He's not interested in building contenders.

No clue about the merchandise sales, I'm sure that's pooled or whatever, not familiar with the NBA structure.

The Wizards just won the lottery in the ESPN sim and picked Perry Jones, I WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN.

giri said:
I've seen you say stupid things, but ... J-Rich, JJ redick & Jameer could find starters jobs easily elsewhere around the league.

JRich maybe (Only because wings in the NBA suck now), but the others wouldn't start on 15+ teams in the NBA and that would be defined as most.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Totally forgot about him, he's just what they need.

Knicks are over the cap for next season.

Even if they don't pick up Billups' option? Because they'd be pretty stupid to keep him at this point.

giri

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Marc Gasol

or

Samuel Dalembert

Are both expiring this summer correct? The question is can the Knicks afford either?
Marc's a RFA, the grizz will be getting rid of mayo, to sign Marc.

JRich maybe (Only because wings in the NBA suck now), but the others wouldn't start on 15+ teams in the NBA and that would be defined as most.

Jason Richardson would instantly be the best shooting guard in Jazz history.

Pkaz01

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The suns would love to have jrich back as their starting SG. If he was still in phoenix and somehow the suns got gortat theyd be in playoffs for sure.

The Crimson Blur said:
Tiago is playing real well. Real well.

I like what I see.

I'm telling you man. Embrace the Duncan-Splitter future! Nene is one the guys that goes off on us. If Tiago keeps playing this type of defense against him, I'm gonna be very giddy about our chances in the playoffs. (assuming Splitter can keep it up)

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Wizards just won the lottery in the ESPN sim and picked Perry Jones, I WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN.

JJ Redick would start on

1.Utah
2.Bulls
3.Heat (probably at PG)
4.Wizards
5.Suns
6.Knicks
7.Nets
8.Maybe Raptors
9.Cavs
10.Pacers
11.Bobcats
12.Wolves
13.Hornets
14.Thunder
15.Grizz
16.Kings

I count 16. And that's discounting the fact that you already are down to their 3rd best player.

On the Knicks? Not over Landry Fields, dude. Can Redick do this?

2045181_o.gif

God damn. SO many fucking free throws. This is going to be a long game....

Also, if Bonner isn't even going to attempt to shoot threes, we need to take his ass out of the game

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Reddick could start for

Chicago
Miami
Indiana
Milwaukee
Charlotte
New Jersey
Cleveland
Los Angeles
Dallas
Oklahoma City
New Orleans
Utah
Sacramento
Minnesota

So just about half the league and half of the playoff teams.

giri

The Frankman said:
On the Knicks? Not over Landry Fields, dude. Can Redick do this?

2045181_o.gif
Maybe, but add in the bucks, Dallas. He probably would though, and i'm not saying that as a diss to fields (fields would be great off the bench anyway.)

obijkenobi said:
I'm telling you man. Embrace the Duncan-Splitter future! Nene is one the guys that goes off on us. If Tiago keeps playing this type of defense against him, I'm gonna be very giddy about our chances in the playoffs. (assuming Splitter can keep it up)

I'm coming around, but just look at how good Blair looks too.

If he does this for ~10 more games, I'll start believing.

giri said:
JJ Redick would start on

1.Utah
2.Bulls
3.Heat (probably at PG)
4.Wizards
5.Suns
6.Knicks
7.Nets
8.Maybe Raptors
9.Cavs
10.Pacers
11.Bobcats
12.Wolves
13.Hornets
14.Thunder
15.Grizz
16.Kings

I count 16. And that's discounting the fact that you already are down to their 3rd best player.

He wouldn't start on several of those. George, Thornton, Harden are all very arguably better and Reddick guarding points is pain. Bass wouldn't start on:

Lakers
Jazz
Celtics
Bulls
76ers
Heat
Hawks
Spurs
Mavs
Hornets
Blazers
Grizzlies
Rockets
Clippers
Timberwolves
Thunder
Arguably Pacers
Arguably Nets

Which is most of the NBA. Turk wouldn't start on:

Bulls
Celtics
Heat
Hawks
76ers
Knicks
Pacers
Thunder
Nuggets
Blazers
Grizzlies
Bobcats
Suns

Ehh, that's only 13, and I don't like putting AK, Matrix, or other guys with better stats over him since they haven't looked very good this season. Nelson wouldn't start on:

Nets
Hornets
Celtics
Bulls
Thunder
Suns
Nuggets
Spurs
Cavs
Raptors
Rockets
Jazz
Grizzlies
Kings
Warriors
Pacers
Wizards
etc

Which is most of the NBA. Magic's "best" other than Dwight wouldn't start on most teams, deal with it.

edit: lol put too much effort into the lists.

The Crimson Blur said:
I'm coming around, but just look at how good Blair looks too.

If he does this for ~10 more games, I'll start believing.

Yeah, but I think Blair is at his best against other team's second units or at the end of the other team's first unit rotation (when players are getting a bit gassed, his energy can really cause troubles). And if we can pair him with Tim/Dice/Splitter, even better. I still don't like Bonner/Blair. Especially against a team with bigs that play in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom