• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this particular tweet has been posted:

TheBillWalton The Bill Walton Trip
Kenny Smith continues to refer to 'turning on the switch' as if bball was an electrician's union meeting. I am astounded at his ineptitude.

giri said:
Because you seem to think That the deron deal was bad, or that some how the KNICKS could've got Deron for less than Melo. They would've wanted gallo, felton,mozgov + picks. Maybe not chandler.

Melo is one of the best players in the league, due to a varied skill set he can fit into just about any offense. He's not all, head down & bull to the rim. He's got a post game, a front up game, good mid range jumper, so-so 3pt shooter, good passer and he can finish on the break and good handles.

That that's not being used properly is more so D`antonis fault, less his. Karl managed too, and they ran a very good offense up there in denver for years, with melo as the focal point.

What? Not sure where I ever indicated that. Especially since I don't think that.

Knicks offense has still been near league tops since the trade. It's their defense that blows.

Melo can score from anywhere, but he sucks at defense, doesn't exactly pass the ball a ton, and it's not like he's scoring it at elite efficiency, ever. Melo is not elite in the sense that guys like Lebron and Dwight are. More skilled, perhaps, but he's not the type of player that can take mostly scrubs to a winning season (that's not about new york, just a generality).

Omiee

jobber said:
You wanna play the Knicks????????????

he i dont care but it would be a nice first round for them.

what site is the best to find stats about basketball, id like to know stuff like: who is the best team at coming back from 10+ deficit and how is best at losing leads etc.

dream

Omiee said:
lol wtf realy. rondo has been playing like shit though

I guess Rondo aggravated his pinkie injury. Boston's already up 13-5 with Delonte starting but, to be fair, Minnesota doesn't have All Star Kevin Love making his usual meaningful contributions to his team.

Omiee

beasley playing pretty well, this week has been good for the lakers with boston losing, now if dallas would only lose tonight. Spurs should want the game more since they are playing for a playoff spot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
Yay, Delonte's starting!

Good. Honestly anyone is better than Rondo right now. I don't believe this pinky stuff anyways, I think he's been given a mental health day tongith. They obviously know there is no chance for the 1 seed so try and get him back to a place where he can think straight. For right now they're much better off without his turnovers, errant passes, terrible shooting, lazy defense, etc. He's single handidly sinking the celts right now.

giri

Black Mamba said:
What? Not sure where I ever indicated that. Especially since I don't think that.

Knicks offense has still been near league tops since the trade. It's their defense that blows.

Melo can score from anywhere, but he sucks at defense, doesn't exactly pass the ball a ton, and it's not like he's scoring it at elite efficiency, ever. Melo is not elite in the sense that guys like Lebron and Dwight are. More skilled, perhaps, but he's not the type of player that can take mostly scrubs to a winning season (that's not about new york, just a generality).

Uhh, in this you're wrong, I've made my opinions on the matter known very well, but Melo > LBJ. I don't think there's many playing at dwights level this year (rose, dirk are the only two that come to mind). You can certainly build around Melo, miami is proving otherwise about LBJ.

And Melo can play D, but when they spend basically 0 time on it at training (see, D`antoni, Mike) it's never just going to miraculously happen mid season.

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't on the deron thing. Thats the way i read it though, and i'm not going to quible over foibles.

With UNC losing, CJ Miles 2.0 is probably going back to UNC, awesome. Big board with Sullinger not in draft and Valanciunas and Barnes probably not declaring:

1. Derrick Williams (Don't know if he goes top 5 in most years)
2. Irving
3. Burks
4. Vesely
5. Kanter I guess even though he's played almost no basketball in 2.5 years
6. Perry Jones can run fast
7. Brandon Knight could be nice off the bench for a team that has a point forward
8. Walker can chuck for you
9. ...
10. ...

Best draft ever.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
Delonte has 2 assists, 1 rebound, and 4 points in 3 minutes. Talk about a dude who's taking this seriously.

Not to sell Rondo short, but I still maintain, that with the type of offense the celts run, plenty of guards could rack up assists.

edit- also Krstic has been playing a solid on both sides of the ball, and continues to prove he's a very solid/underrated player.

giri

obijkenobi said:
I think it was just how he reacted. He span into Gasol not knowing he was there. he tried to pull back to avoid contact but no luck.
So he flopped so hard he scared his own fans? Amazing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
I dunno man, Arroyo would probably prove you wrong.

Then again, Arroyo is unusually bad at everything.

I didn't say every, I said plenty. That being said I still think as a starter he could easily rack up some assists.

Zeke

obijkenobi said:
I think it was just how he reacted. He span into Gasol not knowing he was there. he tried to pull back to avoid contact but no luck.
can't believe Pop got ejected after that

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
With UNC losing, CJ Miles 2.0 is probably going back to UNC, awesome. Big board with Sullinger not in draft and Valanciunas and Barnes probably not declaring:

2. Irving
3. Burks
4. Vesely
7. Brandon Knight could be nice off the bench for a team that has a point forward
9. ...
10. ...

Best draft ever.

The worst part is, the suns will be drafting @ like, 13 or something. Where's the lotto end? It's so depressing i can't even be bothered looking into it. Just kill me now. Next season is going to be BAD.

DCX

DCX
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

2. Irving
3. Burks
4. Vesely
9. ...
10. ...

Best draft ever.
Which is why we got rid of our draft picks.

DCX

Thabeet only managed two points today in the D-League in 27 minutes, very easy to argue that he's the worst draft pick of all time. Note to GMs, don't take 26 year olds who can't catch with the 2nd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom