• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
charsace said:
Denver is going to beat the thunder. The thunder has the worst matchup going into the playoffs.
1) Running and gunning rarely works in the playoffs, and we have the athletes on both sides to frustrate Denver.

2) Nene used to be by far their biggest advantage, but now we have Perk and Ibaka manning the middle. Not to mention Collison and Mohammed backing them up.

3) They don't have anyone who can check KD or Russ. And don't say Afflalo, he hasn't done shit against KD this season.

4) Depth is overrated in the playoffs. Our top 7-8 guys are FAR better than Denver's even though they're slightly deeper than us.

I admire what Karl has done with this group, but I feel extremely confident that we can beat them in 5 or 6 at the most.

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/3729-3/laker-fan-vic-the-brick-fullj_getty-73920300ab003_suns_lakers_4_02_13_pm.jpg

Unfortunately, as much as I'd hate to admit it, his surroundings will be completely set ablaze after June.

Jeff-DSA

I hate being in LA during E3 when the Lakers are still in the playoffs. Car flags and overweight guys with their ridiculously too long jerseys everywhere.

KingGondo

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I hate being in LA during E3 when the Lakers are still in the playoffs. Car flags and overweight guys with their ridiculously too long jerseys everywhere.
At the first playoff game in OKC last year, I sat behind a fat Native American dude with a Kobe jersey on. The bandwagon even extends to the rez, apparently.

Jeff-DSA

KingGondo said:
At the first playoff game in OKC last year, I sat behind a fat Native American dude with a Kobe jersey on. The bandwagon even extends to the rez, apparently.

99% of Laker fans that come to Jazz games when LA is in town are fat dudes with goatees and Kobe jerseys.

The league looked at the game tape and retroactively tacked on a flagrant 2 foul to Fisher, league spokesman Tim Frank said Monday when reached by email. Kaman's two technical fouls stand, however.

A flagrant 2 foul is defined as "unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent."

Too bad he didn't get ejected in the game. Fisher is a grade-A doucheface.

Adam Blade said:
Too bad he didn't get ejected in the game. Fisher is a grade-A doucheface.

xrrbt.gif

Gabyskra

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Or they foul a lot, since FTs have no assists. And/Or they give up a lot of 3s. I don't know if either is correct, but those are possibilities too.
FTs have assists. As long as you score at least one FT (not the case in NBA 2k11, an old pet pieve of mine about the game).

Jeff-DSA

Gabyskra said:
FTs have assists. As long as you score at least one FT (not the case in NBA 2k11, an old pet pieve of mine about the game).

You have an old pet peeve? How old? Is it still in good health? You're not thinking of putting him down or anything yet, are you?

Derwind

I don't get what's Lakers fans feel so fascinated about Fisher for?

He's one of the least productive guards in the NBA, he flops worse than Manu & Horry, he's old & busted and worse watching his defense is like trying to count the number of holes in swiss cheese....

If anything, without LA, he'd be scrub bench riding material....what makes him relevant & carrying rings has always been the other talent the Lakers are surrounded with(Phil, Kobe, Gasol, Odom...ect)....at least his pay nearly reflects his worthlessness....

Hey but like they say, if it ain't broke...........just swim in apathy until it costs you something...:shrug

masud

Banned
Gabyskra said:
This is not true at all. Unless you're talking about an and 1 or something.

You know I haven't watched a single March Madness game this year. I think the Knicks have finally killed my love for basketball.

Hall of Fame broadcaster Gary Bender, who has spent nearly two decades as the voice of Phoenix Suns' home telecasts, will make 2010-11 his final season behind the microphone and retire from broadcasting.

I liked him. Listening to Suns games weren't bad at all.

As for Fish, he's head of the players' association, so he must be at least respected by his peers.

giri

Black Mamba said:
I liked him. Listening to Suns games weren't bad at all.

As for Fish, he's head of the players' association, so he must be at least respected by his peers.
That's disapointing. I know i show bias, but suns broadcasters are some of the best. Sure, they focus on the home team (sort of their job, and who they know most about). But they aren't overly homer, and regularly call BS on fouls that go in the suns favor.

charsace

masud said:
This is not true at all. Unless you're talking about an and 1 or something.

You know I haven't watched a single March Madness game this year. I think the Knicks have finally killed my love for basketball.
I have. I would love for the knicks to get Burks or Tyler Zeller.

dream

You know what sucks? Rondo is starting against the Pacers and I genuinely don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dIEHARD said:
What else is he supposed to do, shoot jumpers?

I wasn't being sarcastic... I dunno if you've watched rondo over the past few weeks, but that's all he's done is shot jumpers, shootin 29% while doing it and averaging a solid 5 ppg.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dream said:
Didn't Jermaine say he'd be back tonight?

Rondo with 8 of the Celtics' 14...stop giving me hope. :/

He's traveling with the team. Rondo fixed his pinky miraculously over night... that was the issue... right?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tony Parker is sitting on the bench in jeans and a sport coat talking with Nicolas Batum right now. Perhaps he's out 2-at least it seems so.
The hell? Are the Spurs tanking already?

dream

msdstc said:
He's traveling with the team. Rondo fixed his pinky miraculously over night... that was the issue... right?

Maybe Perk called him and told him if it's meant to be, it's meant to be even if they can't be together right now.

With L.A.’s win over New Orleans on March 27, Kobe Bryant became the longest tenured player in Lakers history.

Bryant has now appeared in 1,094 games for the Purple and Gold in his 15 seasons dating back to 1996-97, surpassing the 1,093 games played by NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Bryant also holds the franchise mark for most games played in the postseason (198).

If a third NBA team moves into the market, however, the Lakers' television deal will decrease by about just under 10 percent, sources said without giving a breakdown of the numbers affected.

The Lakers' agreement, which begins with the 2012-13 season and covers all preseason, regular-season and postseason games not nationally telecast, was viewed as a major blow for current rights holders Fox Sports West and KCAL-TV. The Kings, however, could lessen that blow and create competition for viewers and fans in Orange County if they filled the void left by the Lakers on both outlets.

The Lakers' best hope of reclaiming lost revenue is citing their potentially diminished television contract to elicit a hefty relocation fee from the Kings. Relocation fees in the NBA are "discretionary" and established by the league's board of governors. The last time an NBA team relocated, the Seattle Sonics were forced to pay a $30 million relocation fee when they moved to Oklahoma City in 2008.

The Kings must file for relocation with the NBA by April 18.

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
The Boston medical staff might be able to fix his pinky, but there's no cure for a broken heart.
Turn around,
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely
And you're never coming round...

reilo

Just heard it from @nicolas88batum that Parker and McDyess are not playing tonight
lol fucking Popovich. Only he could pull off some shit like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom