• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Derwind said:
I don't get what's Lakers fans feel so fascinated about Fisher for?

He's one of the least productive guards in the NBA, he flops worse than Manu & Horry, he's old & busted and worse watching his defense is like trying to count the number of holes in swiss cheese....

If anything, without LA, he'd be scrub bench riding material....what makes him relevant & carrying rings has always been the other talent the Lakers are surrounded with(Phil, Kobe, Gasol, Odom...ect)....at least his pay nearly reflects his worthlessness....

Hey but like they say, if it ain't broke...........just swim in apathy until it costs you something...:shrug

He's the only one who can contain Kobe.

And this LA Times article is just for u:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20110327,0,3268855.column

And that retroactive flagrant 2 is just Stern's preemptive strike against the player union. Such a low blow.

Gabyskra

Banned
Okay, as we're going through the Knicks' losing streak...
Would you rather...

- Pick up Chauncey Billups' option.
- Not pick up Billups' option, start Douglas and offer Marc Gasol 10M a year?

Douglas
Fields
Anthony
Stoudemire
Gasol
---
free agent point guard like say TJ Ford
Bill Walker
Derrick Brown
Shawne Williams
Ronny Turiaf
Shelden Williams
Renaldo Balkman
mid-draft rookie (draft Nolan Smith if you don't get a FA PG)

I like the second scenario.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Darkman M said:
Pop wants no part of the Grizz in the first round.
He should keep trying to win then cause NOH will most likely drop to 8th.

giri

Gabyskra said:
Okay, as we're going through the Knicks' losing streak...
Would you rather...

- Pick up Chauncey Billups' option.
- Not pick up Billups' option, start Douglas and offer Marc Gasol 10M a year?

Douglas
Fields
Anthony
Stoudemire
Gasol
---
free agent point guard like say TJ Ford
Bill Walker
Derrick Brown
Shawne Williams
Ronny Turiaf
Shelden Williams
Renaldo Balkman
mid-draft rookie (draft Nolan Smith if you don't get a FA PG)

I like the second scenario.
Marcs a RFA, and they'll be re-signing him.

Pop would be doing the Lakers a favor by keeping Portland in the 6 seed. Thanks, Pop!

edit: Knicks should go after Chandler. Maybe cuban will be relunctant after 3 straight bombs of giving out contracts to bigs. it is worth a shot. If they could pull it off, it would be worth it.

Derwind

linsivvi said:
He's the only one who can contain Kobe.

And this LA Times article is just for u:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20110327,0,3268855.column

And that retroactive flagrant 2 is just Stern's preemptive strike against the player union. Such a low blow.

I don't see how the article explained anything, its just a smattering of condescension and homerism. The fact that the article goes out of its way to insult people who don't view Fisher as the next messiah of the NBA pretty much reveals its very nonobjective bias....=_=

Fact is Fisher is a horrible defender, has practically no offensive awareness(just passing it to the first open doesn't count) & this reflects on his assist totals, he's just a blackhole when it comes to soaking up minutes....

Yeah sure he's a vet, he knows how to play mind games and he comes up big once every blue moon.....

But that still doesn't make him a starter..

reilo

Black Mamba said:
Pop would be doing the Lakers a favor by keeping Portland in the 6 seed. Thanks, Pop!
I think Pop wants to avoid Portland in round 1. Portland has won 7 of 9 versus San Antonio and six straight at the Rose Garden.

EDIT: Omg, Pop is starting James Anderson.

Darkman M

reilo said:
He should keep trying to win then cause NOH will most likely drop to 8th.

Hornets dropping to 8th, Lakers moving up to 1st would be..

sogood.gif

Derwind said:
I don't see how the article explained anything, its just a smattering of condescension and homerism. The fact that the article goes out of its way to insult people who don't view Fisher as the next messiah of the NBA pretty much reveals its very nonobjective bias....=_=

Fact is Fisher is a horrible defender, has practically no offensive awareness(just passing it to the first open doesn't count) & this reflects on his assist totals, he's just a blackhole when it comes to soaking up minutes....

Yeah sure he's a vet, he knows how to play mind games and he comes up big once every blue moon.....

I'll restate my position from the past.

Fisher should start. His minutes should not be "starter minutes," however. Him on the bench is a terrible idea, but Blake should get more run with the starters.

Fisher brings some toughness and he also knows how to run the triangle well. Only Fisher can get Kobe to calm down when he gets into bad KoMe mode, so there is legit value in that. But yes, he is a terrible defender, a terrible finisher, sometimes breaks off the offense if he's ignored too long, and the team's weakest spot. But he's on the team and not going anywhere and Shannon is too stupid to run the point, so we have to play him and Blake.

edit: And then get OKC? No thanks. and I do believe Pop wants HCA for the WCF. He just knows they'll win enough to hold off Lakers.

Derwind

Black Mamba said:
I'll restate my position from the past.

Fisher should start. His minutes should not be "starter minutes," however. Him on the bench is a terrible idea, but Blake should get more run with the starters.

Fisher brings some toughness and he also knows how to run the triangle well. Only Fisher can get Kobe to calm down when he gets into bad KoMe mode, so there is legit value in that. But yes, he is a terrible defender, a terrible finisher, sometimes breaks off the offense if he's ignored too long, and the team's weakest spot. But he's on the team and not going anywhere and Shannon is too stupid to run the point, so we have to play him and Blake.

See I agree here, you don't have much choice this season & the playoffs and Blakes not exactly someone I'd want to be a starter either but I'm genuinely talking about the Lakers future(God knows why).

They could be a lot better if they sign a decent PG to share minutes with Fish, I mean if he wasn't bad before, he's going to have to carry old age as well. :shrug

reilo said:
Or Vince Carter turning into a man.

Somewhere out there Christina Bosh is smiling...

2098176_o.gif

linsivvi

Derwind said:

Leadership, toughness, being able to run the offense, doesn't choke in big games. He doesn't have a lot of assists because Kobe dominates the ball. If Steve Blake proves he can do some of those things in the playoffs this season then I'll all for him starting over Fisher next season. And if you think he has no offensive awareness then you are underestimating the triangle.

And never mind the insults, the writer is from page 2 and insulting people is his schtick. He mocks everyone including Phil and Kobe.

reilo

The New York Knicks have begun the game versus the Magic -- in what Carmelo Anthony has touted as a "must-win" -- by shooting 35FG%.

Tom Penny

TheFatOne said:
I'm getting tired of watching the Celtics games. Same shit every night.

Meh. Refs blow on top of it. They took every big out and on back to back to back shooting fouls for Pierce Baby and D West they looked the other way.

TheFatOne said:
I'm getting tired of watching the Celtics games. Same shit every night.

Jeff green 0 points, 2 assists, 1 TO, +/- -17!

Baby -12
West -7

dat bench.

Boston had no idea what it was getting when it traded for Green.

SamuraiX-

giri said:
He was probably hoping for a trailer so he could get an easy assist.

No, seriously.

He's such a jackass motherfucker.

He's been pulling that shit so much this season.

My respect for him is all but gone.

"Well, since I can't shoot, might as well inflate my assist numbers! That's what determines whether I'm the best PG or not, RITEGAIZ!?"

The best part is how Celtics fans try to defend his stupid ass by saying he's just trying to get his teammates more involved so they can bring more effort to the game. Fuck the hell off.

numble

Kobe seems to never get mad at Fisher, even though he gets mad at everyone else, including Pau and Phil. Fisher seems to be able to calm down Kobe.

Derwind

linsivvi said:
Leadership, toughness, being able to run the offense, doesn't choke in big games. He doesn't have a lot of assists because Kobe dominates the ball. If Steve Blake proves he can do some of those things in the playoffs this season then I'll all for him starting over Fisher next season. And if you think he has no offensive awareness then you are underestimating the triangle.

I'm just saying, he's a great vet but he's definitely not the ideal starter. And Blake isn't either...

It could help your success if in the future you picked up someone better to start. Hell, if I wasn't so sure Branduil would kill me(or laugh till his sides bursts) I'd say try and bargain for Kidd....:shrug

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I really thought it was Rondo, I know Pierce still is playing worse than it looks, but other than that I'm at a loss now what is wrong here.

TheFatOne

Black Mamba said:
Jeff green 0 points, 2 assists, 1 TO, +/- -17!

Baby -12
West -7

dat bench.

Boston had no idea what it was getting when it traded for Green.

I don't think it's a Perk issue, but you bring up a good problem. The bench has been terrible, and Rondo continues to play like a bitch because he is afraid of free throws. I'm almost done with Rondo right now. If next year he still shoots <60% from the FT line I want his ass gone.

Tom Penny

msdstc said:
I really thought it was Rondo, I know Pierce still is playing worse than it looks, but other than that I'm at a loss now what is wrong here.

They can start with Black Hole Baby not taking more shots then 1 or all of the big 3 all the time.

reilo

rage1973 said:
So who's starting for SA tonight with no Duncan, Ginobili and Parker?
PG-George Hill PG; SG-James Anderson; SF-Richard Jefferson; PF-Matt Bonner; C-Tiago Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom