• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's like a 5% chance this happens, but how crazy would it be if the Bulls beat the Lakers in the Finals this year? It'd be the same as when MJ beat Magic, i.e. the ushering in of the new generation.

Jeff-DSA

dIEHARD said:
Boozer against LA again.. lol

It's such a sad thing to see. BoozIR struggles in that matchup so much that it's almost as if he goes full retard at the sight of that Laker piss yellow.

The Stealth Fox said:
Hey folks, Mbenga is an NBA champion. He somehow managed to carry Kobe to two NBA championships.

Funny, but in all seriousness Kobe is basically Dirk without Gasol or Shaq.

thekad

Banned
In other news, the 2010/11 most valuable player will have been the best player in his conference only two weeks of the year.

< Brooks.

MidnightCowboy said:
There's like a 5% chance this happens, but how crazy would it be if the Bulls beat the Lakers in the Finals this year? It'd be the same as when MJ beat Magic, i.e. the ushering in of the new generation.
ugh. I dislike Kobe, but even I will admit that Rose cannot carry his jockstrap. If Rose is the face of the new generation, I will be disgusted.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
ugh. I dislike Kobe, but even I will admit that Rose cannot carry his jockstrap. If Rose is the face of the new generation, I will be disgusted.
Man, I don't get the hate for Rose on this board. Don't hate him, hate the media. He doesn't give a shit about that stuff man, all he does is play hard every game. It's not his fault there are some dumbass people in the media.

The Stealth Fox

Jeff-DSA said:
It's such a sad thing to see. BoozIR struggles in that matchup so much that it's almost as if he goes full retard at the sight of that Laker piss yellow.

Funny, but in all seriousness Kobe is basically Dirk without Gasol or Shaq.

Dirk won 67 games without Shaq or Gasol. Kobe wanted to be traded without Shaq or Gasol.

F@mous said:
Dirk's 23.0 PPG regular season are skewed by his first 5 years in the league. He's basically the same in the playoffs as in the regular season. Saying that, he's a great player, future hall of famer. But he's not a winner.

He played really hard but he just wasn't versatile enough to win. This coming from a huge T-Mac fan. I think they were up 2-1 against the Mavs one year and let it slip...I believe in a 5 game series. Same thing happened when he was in Orlando and let that 3-1 series against the Pistons slip.

Yeah, if you can't win with fat Shawn Kemp, Gordon Giricek and Drew Gooden as your teammates then you might as well retire

MidnightCowboy said:
In the loosest sense man. You have never said anything of value in this forum, you don't have privilege to call someone out.
Atomic_Explosion_GIf_by_merovech1.gif

linsivvi

I wish the Rockets were still competitive and relevant. At least their fans would have better things to do (like rooting for their team) instead of trolling NBA threads.

Omiee

MidnightCowboy said:
In the loosest sense man. You have never said anything of value in this forum, you don't have privilege to call someone out.

woow lol.

So as a laker we want portland to keep winning, hornets to stay in the 7th seed and we have to keep wining to stay number 2 but to to much to be the number 1 seed because we dont want to face okc.
hmmm, still think we'd do ok against okc.

giri

F@mous said:
Dirk's 23.0 PPG regular season are skewed by his first 5 years in the league. He's basically the same in the playoffs as in the regular season. Saying that, he's a great player, future hall of famer. But he's not a winner.

He played really hard but he just wasn't versatile enough to win. This coming from a huge T-Mac fan. I think they were up 2-1 against the Mavs one year and let it slip...I believe in a 5 game series. Same thing happened when he was in Orlando and let that 3-1 series against the Pistons slip.
where's facepalm.gif when you need it.

MidnightCowboy said:
Man, I don't get the hate for Rose on this board. Don't hate him, hate the media. He doesn't give a shit about that stuff man, all he does is play hard every game. It's not his fault there are some dumbass people in the media.

Hate? outside of thekad, i think most would say he's one of the best 3 players this year (rose, dirk, howard).

KingGondo said:
You are wise to fear The Perk.

God i'd love to see westbrook guard manu, and manu flop for 5 quick fouls on him in the first 5 minutes of the first game. Thunder might just implode right there and then.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Orange County Register said:
The Maloofs inherited the terms of a $70 million loan from the previous Kings owner when they bought the team, and there's a reported $67 million left on the loan, which also stipulates a prepayment penalty of $9 million.

That $76 million would have to be paid in full if the Kings relocate or else the Maloofs would lose their arena and the City of Sacramento would acquire a $25 million stake in the team.
The Maloofs are basically getting a loan from Ducks owner Henry Samueli to pay back a loan they have in Sacramento. They won't default on this, nope.

Ninja Scooter said:
I don't fear any west team, just wouldn't mind the easier path, and let the Spurs and Blunder beat each other up.

Exactly. I'm confident they can beat anyone, but I'd rather get NOH in the 1st. It would be like an NFL Bye.

The Stealth Fox

viakado said:
you really do try too hard to be funny.
every single post doesn't have to be funny or insulting.

Listen vinkadinko, I'm not "trying" to be funny. I'm just doing what everyone else does in this thread. If you want to engage with people who take actually try to take each other seriously (but ending up making LOL statements anyway), then you can hop your ass right onto Real GM.

NBA-GAF's charm is the hyperbole and the personalities that everyone takes on.

If "YOU ARE A BAD POSTER AND ARE NOT GOOD AT DISCUSSING BASKETBALL" is considered an ether, then well, your taste is very New York Knicks.

The Stealth Fox said:
Listen vinkadinko, I'm not "trying" to be funny. I'm just doing what everyone else does in this thread. If you want to engage with people who take actually try to take each other seriously (but ending up making LOL statements anyway), then you can hop your ass right onto Real GM.

NBA-GAF's charm is the hyperbole and the personalities everyone takes on.

If "YOU ARE A BAD POSTER AND ARE NOT GOOD AT DISCUSSING BASKETBALL" is considered an ether, then well, your taste is very New York Knicks.

laker-fan-vic-the-brick-fullj_getty-73920300ab003_suns_lakers_4_02_13_pm.jpg

Knicks have the lowest assisted percentage allowed to opponents so they're at least first in one defensive category. Unfortunately, this means they don't help at all and have one of the worst collections of man defenders in recent NBA history.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Knicks have the lowest assisted percentage allowed to opponents so they're at least first in one defensive category. Unfortunately, this means they don't help at all and have one of the worst collections of man defenders in recent NBA history.

Or they foul a lot, since FTs have no assists. And/Or they give up a lot of 3s. I don't know if either is correct, but those are possibilities too.

charsace

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
We have this great defensive scheme. Its called chaos. When there is a switch, pick and roll, or drive down the lane everyone stands around and acts confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom