• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mamba said:
Thibs is CotY. That is not changing. Spurs have no 6th man or MIP deserving or MVP

As for All-NBA, Manu is not all-NBA this season and Duncan you could argue I guess, but since he's listed as a forward, he cannot be ahead of Pau, Durant, James, Dirk. Then there's KG, Pierce, Zbo, Aldridge, Griffin, Amar'e, Pierce, and Melo with which he must be better than all but 1.

He hasn't even crossed 2000 minutes played this season. It's really hard to put someone who has played that little on an all-nba team. I am a huge timmy fan, too.

Parker & Manu have to contend with: Nash, Kobe, Cp3, Wade, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, and Deron. Have they had better seasons than 3 of those guys? Maybe Parker, but that's it.

edit: I guess Duncan could go on an all-defensive team. But with so few minutes, ehh...

Of course Duncan is all-defensive team. Or at least he should be. Have you seen the Spurs' defense without him? Its fucking atrocious.

And why exactly should Thibs be COTY over Pop? MVP and COTY to the Bulls? Really? Has their season been that spectacular?

I haven't really thought out my all-NBA teams but I'm sure at least 1 of the big 3 deserves to be on it.

Lil T-Money1227 said:
I just am saying that they are comparable players. Of course MJ is better.

Damn that was a quick backpedal.

I thought it'd take a few more posts than that.

benjipwns

Banned
Black Mamba said:
If he's obviously better, then why would the conversation take place?
Maybe he's a sportswriter with a deadline to meet and no knowledge outside of what Kobe or the Knicks did last night?

Anth0ny

Black Mamba said:
205ayi9.jpg

lol stan van

Black Mamba said:
Thibs is CotY. That is not changing. Spurs have no 6th man or MIP deserving or MVP

As for All-NBA, Manu is not all-NBA this season and Duncan you could argue I guess, but since he's listed as a forward, he cannot be ahead of Pau, Durant, James, Dirk. Then there's KG, Pierce, Zbo, Aldridge, Griffin, Amar'e, Pierce, and Melo with which he must be better than all but 1.

He hasn't even crossed 2000 minutes played this season. It's really hard to put someone who has played that little on an all-nba team. I am a huge timmy fan, too.

Parker & Manu have to contend with: Nash, Kobe, Cp3, Wade, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, and Deron. Have they had better seasons than 3 of those guys? Maybe Parker, but that's it.

edit: I guess Duncan could go on an all-defensive team. But with so few minutes, ehh...

Of course Duncan is all-defensive team. Or at least he should be. Have you seen the Spurs' defense without him? Its fucking atrocious.

And why exactly should Thibs be COTY over Pop? MVP and COTY to the Bulls? Really? Has their season been that spectacular?

I haven't really thought out my all-NBA teams but I'm sure at least 1 of the big 3 deserves to be on it.

The Crimson Blur said:

LeBron will make it for sure.

-Trollface-

The Crimson Blur said:

Well, I don't think Rose should be MVP. But Thibs is easily coach of the year. If not him, then Doug Collins.

Duncan hasn't even played 2000 minutes, yet. That's my biggest gripe. I won't be mad if he made an all-defensive team, but I can also see why he might not be on it.

But neither Duncan or Manu deserve an all-nba team slot. Only Parker could possibly claim one, but there's been 6 better guards IMO.

masud

Banned
Gabyskra said:
Not sure how Knicks fans reacted last night, but I'll be one that'll say that we only won because of the officiating.
Obviously. Shit was hilarious.

I lost any kind of emotional investment in these games a while ago (that might change in the playoffs). I'm just waiting till next year to see what can be done to patch up this mess of a roster.

Gabyskra said:
Not sure how Knicks fans reacted last night, but I'll be one that'll say that we only won because of the officiating.
I know what you mean, but they also could've lost due to it. Officiating after halftime was horrible. If you mean Howard fouling out I screen-capped on replay him drilling Amar'e in the head with an elbow. Had to call that.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
snack said:
Pau likes LG? Oh my.

Lady Gaga music is Euro fodder, we cant help it, its in our blood.

Kind of like rap music for a certain demographic.

Tyler Honeycutt and possibly Malcolm Lee declaring for the draft. Man id love to add Lee with one of our second rounders, but supposedly he's not hiring an agent so I guess he'd go back if he doesn't project as a 1st rounder.

masud said:
Obviously. Shit was hilarious.

I lost any kind of emotional investment in these games a while ago (that might change in the playoffs). I'm just waiting till next year to see what can be done to patch up this mess of a roster.

This.

I'm honestly just drained...I'm done with the season. I will watch because, well...that's what I do. But like I've said before in this thread, I'm about ready to get destroyed in the playoffs and then see what we can do with this roster and hopefully this coaching staff. This team's going nowhere undersized and uninterested in defense.

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:
Tyler Honeycutt and possibly Malcolm Lee declaring for the draft. Man id love to add Lee with one of our second rounders, but supposedly he's not hiring an agent so I guess he'd go back if he doesn't project as a 1st rounder.

ROFL

Fuck that.

If he ain't good enough to be a projected 1st rounder in this year's draft, it ain't ever gonna happen.

SamuraiX-

Sacramento Threatens To Block Kings' Move Until Repayment Is Assured

RealGM said:
Sacramento city officials Monday fired off a terse letter to the city of Anaheim warning it to cease negotiations with the Sacramento Kings.

The city went on to say it will seek state legislation to block Anaheim from issuing any inducements to lure the Kings -- unless Sacramento is first assured that the Kings will pay off the estimated $77 million they owe the city.

The dramatic turn of events comes hours before the Anaheim City Council is scheduled to vote on issuing $75 million in bonds.

The Sacramento letter, emailed Monday afternoon to Anaheim City Manager Thomas Wood, warns that Anaheim's actions could cause "irreparable harm" financially to the City of Sacramento.

Curse those meddling kids!

captmcblack said:
This.

I'm honestly just drained...I'm done with the season. I will watch because, well...that's what I do. But like I've said before in this thread, I'm about ready to get destroyed in the playoffs and then see what we can do with this roster and hopefully this coaching staff. This team's going nowhere undersized and uninterested in defense.
Nice to see you've come around. Just look at it logically and root for the little things that can be improved now: offensive flow, effort on D, PnR defense etc. Let whatever matchup come and deal later.
Raging Spaniard said:

john-cena-6.jpg

The-Rock-2-465x190.jpg

White people and half-Samoans?

Gabyskra

Banned
captmcblack said:
This.

Yeah, I guess a losing streak will do that. Remember the losing streak that happened, well, before the winning streak? Very early in the season, before they won like 13 out of 14 with Felton playing like an All Star... I was ready to forget about the whole season too. The thing is, we'll see them be competitive against Boston and Chicago in a couple of games, and we'll be hopeful come playoffs time again. They might lose against crappy teams, but it won't matter.

Shelden Williams has been playing decent ball anyway the past two games. I want to see him and Bill Walker more. I want to see less Billups and Jeffries.

TylerD

My roommate's streak died last night with the Magic's loss to the Knicks. I tried to tell him not to pick that one! No 50K for him.

DAMN! The strategy there is you have 2-3 days left and really only need 2 picks: The one to tie and the one to get you the lead going into the 31st. You pick the best matchup for the day...

With a streak 1 off the leader Knicks vs. Magic was NOT remotely close to a top matchup. I've done SFTC for 2-3 years, this may sound cold but I only feel a sliver of sympathy for him. ugh...

NeoGAF needs to start a SFTC group.

TylerD

The Frankman said:
DAMN! The strategy there is you have 2-3 days left and really only need 2 picks: The one to tie and the one to get you the lead going into the 31st. You pick the best matchup for the day...

With a streak 1 off the leader Knicks vs. Magic was NOT remotely close to a top matchup. I've done SFTC for 2-3 years, this may sound cold but I only feel a sliver of sympathy for him. ugh...

NeoGAF needs to start a SFTC group.

He was very worried that someone was going to pass him. If he hadn't picked that game he still would have been the top active streak today. I don't think he liked anything he saw today either.

I think I am going to pick up one of these...

http://www.treeandleafclothing.com/dailythundercom-apparel/perk

Just six weeks until the lottery! Going to be awesome to see who gets a point guard who has a decent chance of not being as good as the point guard they already have. Watching NIT basketball for Alec Burks tonight and watching the high school all-star game for 2013 draft prospects tomorrow, oh yeah.

charsace

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Just six weeks until the lottery! Going to be awesome to see who gets a point guard who has a decent chance of not being as good as the point guard they already have. Watching NIT basketball for Alec Burks tonight and watching the high school all-star game for 2013 draft prospects tomorrow, oh yeah.
Burk will go top 10. You got no chance.

SamuraiX- said:
ROFL

Fuck that.

If he ain't good enough to be a projected 1st rounder in this year's draft, it ain't ever gonna happen.
Every player looks shittier under Howland. If he played anywhere else he might be a 1st rounder.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Raging Spaniard said:

WTF is this shit? Next thing you'll be making slant eyed faces with your friends

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Jazz center, and offensive centerpiece in the weeks since the Deron Williams trade, last played on Monday night with 54 seconds remaining in the third period. He spent the rest of the game on the pine as Utah’s younger players, most notably rookie Derrick Favors, led a furious fourth-quarter rally to force the extra session.

Coach Tyrone Corbin, when asked if there’s an issue, said that he simply thought the younger players had earned the right to finish. But Jefferson’s reaction told a different story. In the past four games, he has issued three no-comments to reporters, along with being ejected from Saturday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks.

“The young guys were playing well,” Corbin said. “They played hard and I thought they deserved to be on the floor.”
That's certainly one way to say "we are tanking". I remember when Portland blew it up after the Sheed days, they called it a "youth movement".

reilo said:
That's certainly one way to say "we are tanking". I remember when Portland blew it up after the Sheed days, they called it a "youth movement".

Al and Corbin have a bad relationship and Hayward and Favors were playing awesome. Al was playing badly as well. Price playing any minutes might suggest tanking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom