• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perry Jones has too many bust qualities to actually bust. No top ten pick I can remember has been so easily comparable to some of the worst busts of all time. Perry Jones has way too many similarities with Tim Thomas, Darko, and Kwame to bust. It would be the overwhelmingly expected thing to happen so that's why it won't happen.

Malone on Mike and Mike at 6:15 tomorrow morning, huh.

dream

I once searched for "big baby licking" in Google Images with safesearch turned off. It sucked. No pun intended.

giri

Watching the magic knicks game yesterday left me with this thought.

Gilbert's left (sure it's his left) knee still isn't healed, or, he hasn't finished re-habbing it to it's full strength yet. Seeing him play extended minutes, allows you to see it properly. If in the off season he can get the strength back in that leg he should be fine, but as is, he's vince bad.

I'm guessing this is the one that was operated on twice ? Because, yeah, he has NO faith in it, and there is NO strength or lift coming from that leg.

J-Rich seems to be finding his spot on the magic though.

giri said:

Gilbert's left (sure it's his left) knee still isn't healed, or, he hasn't finished re-habbing it to it's full strength yet. Seeing him play extended minutes, allows you to see it properly. If in the off season he can get the strength back in that leg he should be fine, but as is, he's vince bad.

I'm guessing this is the one that was operated on twice ? Because, yeah, he has NO faith in it, and there is NO strength or lift coming from that leg.

Sad because Gil is my favorite player. But yea, he is like a year away.

giri

Jeff-DSA said:
Any time you can write a story that overblows a win, you have to do it.
Next you know people will be talking up Al Jefferson when he puts up meaningless numbers on a bad team again...

giri said:

Doesn't help that he obviously sat around his house smoking grass and eating pizza after the gun suspension.

As the Anaheim City Council gets ready to vote in a few hours on issuing bonds to fund improvements to that city's Honda Center - the possible future home of the Sacramento Kings - there's still work being done on the home front.

State Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, is considering a request by city officials to carry a bill barring Anaheim from moving forward on the bond unless Sacramento is guaranteed the Kings will pay off a loan they owe City Hall.

"At a minimum, the city needs to be protected with its $70 million investment," Steinberg spokesman Mark Hedlund told me this morning. "The pro tem wants to make sure the city is made whole."

The Kings owners said late Monday they have every intention of paying off the loan, should they decide to leave. The Kings are negotiating with Anaheim and have until April 18 to ask the NBA for permission to move there.

Steinberg's office is "studying the situation," Hedlund said.

While Anaheim officials said their $75 million bond would be paid off by the Honda Center's operator - and not taxpayers - Steinberg also wants to make sure no public money would be used to lure the Kings to Southern California.

Steinberg doesn't think "inducing one business to move from one city in California to another" with public money should be encouraged, Hedlund said.

giri

Red Blaster said:
Doesn't help that he obviously sat around his house smoking grass and eating pizza after the gun suspension.
I wasn't following him after that, so i'll trust you at your word. It would be a waste of talent if true though. That travel from yesterday was caused by him not wanting to push off, from his left leg, and taking the extra step to his right leg.

Just so messed up.

DCX

DCX
K.Jack said:
Cavs perimeter defense consists of Anthony Parker and Ramon Sessions.

Heat by 37 pts.
If Knicks beat Heat, and Heat beat Cavs and Cavs beat Knicks WTF does it all mean?

DCX

Vire

The Chosen One said:
He scurred.

I imagine this game will only be interesting for the first ten minutes.

Scared? His giving the fans the middle finger by not coming out.

The Cavs announcers are terribad.

giri

Vire said:
Scared? His giving the fans the middle finger by not coming out.

The Cavs announcers are terribad.
Like they care WHEN he comes out, he has to eventually, and they'll boo him anyway.

The Chosen One said:
I guess the Cavs have already hit rock bottom, so they're playing pretty loose right now compared to when they met in Dec.

It helps that the media doesn't care about this game this time. And there's less players who were around last season (Sessions, baron, Gee).

But Cavs were ahead early last time, too. Same script without the media fan-fare, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom