• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
exarkun said:
I feel torn for the Spurs. Keep battling for the first seed just to face Memphis? That sucks, cause anyone in the top 4 could potentially lose to them in a series. While the Lakers could just chill and have NO in the first round? Bullshit.

Grizz and Hornets have 2 games left against one another. That will decide their seeding.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
lolllll utah. this is what yfou get for ever believing that Al Jefferson is remotely as good as Boozer. Boozer in 50 games is more valuable than Jeferson in 82. best season ever.

The Jazz's main mistake was believing Raja Bell was 10% of the player that Wesley Matthews was for the team last season.

exarkun

The Crimson Blur said:
Grizz and Hornets have 2 games left against one another. That will decide their seeding.

I'll go out on a limb and say you guys deserve NO as the 1 seed. Memphis will do bad things to a reeling SA team. LA can probably handle them the way they are playing now, and will be a much better series than NO v LA.

Do we even have Hornets fans on here? Or are they like Denver, where the only fan is a Houston fan who supports the Ruggets?

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Jazz's main mistake was believing Raja Bell was 10% of the player that Wesley Matthews was for the team last season.
getting rid of sloan and deron, not re-signing ronnie brewer, signing jefferson as a "boozIR' replacement ... and "believing Raja Bell was 10% of the player that Wesley Matthews was for the team last season." All those work. I am technically a Raptors fan, so watching other teams suffer is my only source of joy these days.

exarkun said:
I'll go out on a limb and say you guys deserve NO as the 1 seed. Memphis will do bad things to a reeling SA team. LA can probably handle them the way they are playing now, and will be a much better series than NO v LA.

Do we even have Hornets fans on here? Or are they like Denver, where the only fan is a Houston fan who supports the Ruggets?
Hey the other Denver fan is a Nets fan who likes posting after Knicks losses.

I wonder why he isn't here...

I doubt Boozer would make the Jazz anybetter than Jefferson in this lost season. In Chicago he gets to be the 3rd or 4th most important player a lot of nights.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
getting rid of sloan and deron, not re-signing ronnie brewer, signing jefferson as a "boozIR' replacement ... and "believing Raja Bell was 10% of the player that Wesley Matthews was for the team last season." I am technically a Raptors fan, so watching other teams suffer is my only source of joy these days.

The team went to shit as soon as AK47 gave up (Which I still don't understand. He was awesome in November and was a DPotY candidate and then he just quit) and Deron injured his wrist again, Sloan and Deron being gone didn't make the team that much worse, the team has sucked for months.

edit: And the Jazz didn't have Brewer the last 30 games of last season and still played well, Brewer was awful in his last season with Utah.

exarkun said:

Yeah, thats how I feel. Getting the 1 seed means you are supposed to have a cake matchup in the first round. But, the way things are turning out, the 2 seed might be more appealing. MEM then OKC is a lot scarier than NOH then DAL.

At this point I'm hoping the skill of the teams evens things out and MEM takes either the 7th or 6th seed, with NOH as the 8h.

exarkun said:

Jonm posts once a month but otherwise no.

exarkun

The Frankman said:
Hey the other Denver fan is a Nets fan who likes posting after Knicks losses.

I wonder why he isn't here...

What? Who is that?

Denver would taking a raging dump on NY's chest, btw. Until there is defense being played (team defense) slashers with good perimeter shooters are going to feast. Get rid of Antoni, maybe pry Oak away from the Cats.

You guys had to have this game, and the magic always drop games. My love for Melo hasn't softened yet, since his effort and heart in games has only increased. And the way Amare and him want the team to be good makes me proud.

diehard

Fleer
OpinionatedCyborg said:
getting rid of sloan and deron, not re-signing ronnie brewer, signing jefferson as a "boozIR' replacement ... and "believing Raja Bell was 10% of the player that Wesley Matthews was for the team last season." All those work. I am technically a Raptors fan, so watching other teams suffer is my only source of joy these days.
We traded for Jefferson, he is no worse than Boozer and gets paid less. Also we traded Brewer midway through last season.

Sloan deserves 7 CotY awards for handling the Jazz locker room for the last seven years. Completely unstable core of Deron-AK47-Boozer and KO'C was obsessed with bringing in criminals and low character guys like Snyder and Almond. Incredible that it managed to last seven years.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dIEHARD said:
lolllll this is what happens when you post about another team and don't know shit about them.

Agree. Boozer messes up constantly and can just see him completely causing us to lose a game in a big playoff series. This will then cause Thibs to pull him for Taj Gibson or Omer Asik. He then will get disgruntled and start to be a cancer on the team.

It'll be hilarious when we end with the best record in the league, but win no individual awards, have no guys on the defensive or all-NBA teams, and win no management/coaching awards.

diehard

Fleer
SephCast said:
Agree. Boozer messes up constantly and can just see him completely causing us to lose a game in a big playoff series. This will then cause Thibs to pull him for Taj Gibson or Omer Asik. He then will get disgruntled and start to be a cancer on the team.
I honestly don't know if you are being serious or not.

exarkun said:
What? Who is that?

Denver would taking a raging dump on NY's chest, btw. Until there is defense being played (team defense) slashers with good perimeter shooters are going to feast. Get rid of Antoni, maybe pry Oak away from the Cats.

You guys had to have this game, and the magic always drop games. My love for Melo hasn't softened yet, since his effort and heart in games has only increased. And the way Amare and him want the team to be good makes me proud.
a) It's not you (
Kogepan
).
b) They probably would, but Denver will be radically different next season. They have the pay Chandler (Max)/Nene (qualifying)/JR Smith/Afflalo. Plus they need to sign a star player and they'll probably let Martin go.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm

c) Why did you kneejerk and bring up Denver beating the Knicks? I'm just posting on the hypocrisy of that other fans' posts.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dIEHARD said:
I honestly don't know if you are being serious or not.

Completely serious. He seems like that type of player to me. Things are hunky dory right now, being a first place team, but one of these days, Thibs is just going to snap and tear Carlos a new one.

Doomsayer

SephCast said:
Completely serious. He seems like that type of player to me. Things are hunky dory right now, being a first place team, but one of these days, Thibs is just going to snap and tear Carlos a new one.

Why can't theMightyPoo be more like you. Every time I read one of his posts I feel like I'm reading a post from Stacey King.

The Crimson Blur said:
It'll be hilarious when we end with the best record in the league, but win no individual awards, have no guys on the defensive or all-NBA teams, and win no management/coaching awards.
And get bounced in the first round. That'd be something.

SephCast said:

I hope so. Boozer looks lifeless in recent games.

dIEHARD said:
We traded for Jefferson, he is no worse than Boozer and gets paid less. Also we traded Brewer midway through last season.
He is worse than Boozer. Before he fucked up his knee a couple seasons ago, he was on par with Boozer and looking to be one of the dominant big men in the game. You wouldn't sound crazy listing him in your top 5 PF rotation. He hasn't been the same since. Boozer will age more gracefully because he can fit into your offense in more ways and he is a good passer. Defensively... I actually prefer Boozer as a man defender... but he can never anchor a defense. Jefferson is disappointing too.

But yeah, I was a bit surprised with the team's torrid start to the season because I expected them to perform worse this year without Boozer. When they came back to earth it was just a return to the norm. They fulfilled my pessimistic expectations. Similarly, I was unmoved when the Hornets flew out the gate and looked to be contenders. They clearly weren't, and they've proven that (and losing West is the death blow).

Losing Brewer was a big mistake, whether you count it as this season's mistake or not. Really nice player and Deron's friend. Pay him. He is worth it. Losing Sloan and Deron is pretty nuts, though. Deron, particularly... sigh.
The Crimson Blur said:
The worst thing will be when Rose walks away with the em vee pee

"Knicks might offer Amar'e for Dwight" is one of the most hilarious headlines I've ever read. Maybe next the Jazz will offer Devin Harris for Wade.

edit: Al has completely recovered from the knee injury, he was getting 25-10 for like a month on 57% from the field. He is the same or better player as he was before the injury so I don't get how you can like him then, and think he sucks now.

edit 2: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2389/al-jefferson

Look at his performances from 1/31 to 3/23.

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
"Knicks might offer Amar'e for Dwight" is one of the most hilarious headlines I've ever read. Maybe next the Jazz will offer Devin Harris for Wade.

edit: Al has completely recovered from the knee injury, he was getting 25-10 for like a month on 57% from the field. He is the same or better player as he was before the injury so I don't get how you can like him then, and think he sucks now.

edit 2: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2389/al-jefferson

Look at his performances from 1/31 to 3/23.
Eh, it's not that lop sided, but certainly dwights worth more, IMO. Just because he does play both ends every possesion.

Wow, so Al is putting up big numbers again now that he's on a losing team again?

When deron was there it was obvious they had no idea how to incorporate him into the offense, and thats the biggets knock on the guy, he doesn't seem to fit into any offensive scheme. And as a sub par reader of defenses, he doesn't seem to pass out of doubles very well either.

Damn. History might be different if Boozer wasn't the first one to bitch out of Cleveland lol. If he stayed, things would probably be very different in the NBA landscape now.

Gigglepoo

Dwight Howard is the most untradeable player in the league. The drop off from Howard to the second best center (um...) is staggering, and he's easily the best defensive player in the league. You'd have to deal the farm and then some to get him.

Or Andrew Bynum, when Howard threatens to bolt.

The Crimson Blur said:

Who deserves any awards on the Spurs, honestly?

giri

Black Mamba said:
Who deserves any awards on the Spurs, honestly?
Pop would be up for one, Manu, tim and TP should all be on a few all * teams.

ph33nix said:
We're not seriously criticizing Boston for the end of the regular season are we? These games don't mean a shit

Yeah, i've said it before, that boston team has proven they CAN flip a switch and turn it on in the play offs. The biggets worry for them is if rondo has his head on right.

They'll rattle off a few wins in a row at the end of the season to lock up 2nd spot and that'll be that.

I just don't think home court advantage or any of these games mean anything. All these teams are capable of beating each other on the road and they're all capable of beating each other in a series. Whatever happens in the playoffs, happens...whoever wins will be praised for all the strengths they had as a champion, and whoever lost will have their weaknesses magnified as the reason they lost. That's just how it is. Boston damn well could have won game 7 last year without Perkins...yet all you hear from their camp is "We didn't have Perk!" even though they looked fine for most of the game.

likewise, if the lakers lost, you'd be hearing way more about kobe going 6/24, rather than hearing so much of the "OMG 15 rebounds champions find a way to win"

dream

I vaguely remember Thibodeau benching Boozer for the 4th quarter of a game earlier in the season. Boozer didn't seem happy.

giri said:
Pop would be up for one, Manu, tim and TP should all be on a few all * teams.

Yeah, i've said it before, that boston team has proven they CAN flip a switch and turn it on in the play offs. The biggets worry for them is if rondo has his head on right.

They'll rattle off a few wins in a row at the end of the season to lock up 2nd spot and that'll be that.

I don't think they will hold onto the 2nd spot. We're only one game back of sole possession of 2nd place and our remaining schedule is soft as hell. Only tough game...at home against these bastard Celtics.

And if we don't win that game then...fuck

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:
I vaguely remember Thibodeau benching Boozer for the 4th quarter of a game earlier in the season. Boozer didn't seem happy.

Winning covers everything up, until winning just equals repeated 50 win seasons without any significant playoff progress.

giri said:
Pop would be up for one, Manu, tim and TP should all be on a few all * teams

Thibs is CotY. That is not changing. Spurs have no 6th man or MIP deserving or MVP

As for All-NBA, Manu is not all-NBA this season and Duncan you could argue I guess, but since he's listed as a forward, he cannot be ahead of Pau, Durant, James, Dirk. Then there's KG, Pierce, Zbo, Aldridge, Griffin, Amar'e, Pierce, and Melo with which he must be better than all but 1.

He hasn't even crossed 2000 minutes played this season. It's really hard to put someone who has played that little on an all-nba team. I am a huge timmy fan, too.

Parker & Manu have to contend with: Nash, Kobe, Cp3, Wade, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, and Deron. Have they had better seasons than 3 of those guys? Maybe Parker, but that's it.

edit: I guess Duncan could go on an all-defensive team. But with so few minutes, ehh...

I just don't think home court advantage or any of these games mean anything. All these teams are capable of beating each other on the road and they're all capable of beating each other in a series. Whatever happens in the playoffs, happens...whoever wins will be praised for all the strengths they had as a champion, and whoever lost will have their weaknesses magnified as the reason they lost. That's just how it is. Boston damn well could have won game 7 last year without Perkins...yet all you hear from their camp is "We didn't have Perk!" even though they looked fine for most of the game.

likewise, if the lakers lost, you'd be hearing way more about kobe going 6/24, rather than hearing so much of the "OMG 15 rebounds champions find a way to win"

Personally, I don't think Miami can win without HCA vs. Boston.

I also think Lakers don't win game 7 in Boston last season. So yes, I think it matters. Not always and title teams have to win on the road sometimes, but I just don't think Miami has the balls to win twice in Boston (since I think Boston wins at least once in Miami).

exarkun

The Frankman said:
a) It's not you (
Kogepan
).
b) They probably would, but Denver will be radically different next season. They have the pay Chandler (Max)/Nene (qualifying)/JR Smith/Afflalo. Plus they need to sign a star player and they'll probably let Martin go.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm

c) Why did you kneejerk and bring up Denver beating the Knicks? I'm just posting on the hypocrisy of that other fans' posts.

I dunno, its the nba-gaf in me. Just wanted to prod you a little bit.

I feel for the Knicks. I want them to be good so I can wear my newly bought hat with pride.

thekad

Banned
Rose had ten turnovers?

kobe_wtf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom