• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Gabyskra said:
It somehow feels like Ibaka and Perkins can't really play together though. Not enough offense. BTW, when will James Harden finally get the starting SG spot? He defends star SGs better than Sefolosha...
Ibaka and Perkins are going to be insane together on the defensive end, we won't need either of them to be offensive stars if they play defense to their capabilities.

And yes, I agree that Harden needs to start. Call me crazy, but I think his performance against Kobe on Sunday might convince Brooks to make him a starter. Harden finally showed Brooks that he's ready to step up to the plate and be a key contributor.

Actually, who am I kidding. Scott Brooks is our coach, Sefolosha will start forever.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Gabyskra said:
I hate the Jared Jeffries signing. On the other hand, I want to believe in Derrick Brown.

Jeffries sucks. SUCKS. I've watched him for years in NY and he was just terrible. He can play some okay defense at times, but that's about it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
BruceLeeRoy said:
Ha I didn't make the Laker fan-club but I don't think Reilo could fit another name on there anyways.
I got lawn flags Reilo!
I didn't make the chart?

reilo

Jeff-DSA said:
He was a total baby. I remember him saying that he could have died from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy8zA23yRU

Yeah, he got hit hard, but he was nowhere near in danger of dying. Such a pansy. I was at that game and it was pretty crazy when it all happened. It was retarded that they deemed it worthy of suspension later. It was pretty much the beginning of the pussy league. You can tell that Karl tried to turn away at the end. The only reason he got ejected and suspended was because it was Thomas.

Though the Jazz have always been on the short end of the stick for that stuff. Hornacek getting tossed for this was one of the most ridiculous things ever. After that game I could never look at Stackhouse without wanting to spit in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTOtbfnMbs
I'm shocked that Jeff is defending yet another Karl Malone elbow.

TylerD said:
perkinsContract_hp_110101.jpg

He is such a beast. Our tattoo per player ratio has gone up significantly with this trade.

Something about those colours makes it look like he's pissed off that somebody dressed him in a Wheaties box.

Good move on the extension though, I saw $34 mil and said "that's it?" I was under the impression Ainge only traded him because he wanted something insane like 10-12 per.

mm new TylerD avatar is hawt

(why has no one noticed how awesome coach bonner is. i made it myself :( )

Jeff-DSA said:
He was a total baby. I remember him saying that he could have died from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy8zA23yRU

Yeah, he got hit hard, but he was nowhere near in danger of dying. Such a pansy. I was at that game and it was pretty crazy when it all happened. It was retarded that they deemed it worthy of suspension later. It was pretty much the beginning of the pussy league. You can tell that Karl tried to turn away at the end. The only reason he got ejected and suspended was because it was Thomas.

Though the Jazz have always been on the short end of the stick for that stuff. Hornacek getting tossed for this was one of the most ridiculous things ever. After that game I could never look at Stackhouse without wanting to spit in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTOtbfnMbs

You knowingly brought up a video of Malone's bitchassness? And you weren't even provoked? No one was even talking about how dirty Malone is?

Well I'll be damned. Balls of a giant.

reilo

LiveFromKyoto said:
Something about those colours makes it look like he's pissed off that somebody dressed him in a Wheaties box.

Good move on the extension though, I saw $34 mil and said "that's it?" I was under the impression Ainge only traded him because he wanted something insane like 10-12 per.
Ainge was offering him 4yr/$22mil.

And if you look at the Celtics contracts, Pierce and Rondo are the only ones guaranteed beyond 2012.

Jeff-DSA

The Crimson Blur said:
You knowingly brought up a video of Malone's bitchassness? And you weren't even provoked? No one was even talking about how dirty Malone is?

Well I'll be damned. Balls of a giant.

You can talk about him all you want, I don't care. I'm just saying in that instance that he was trying to elbow Thomas and that Thomas was also in no danger of dying. The suspension later was ridiculous, as many other flagrant fouls were far more intended to hurt people that Malone's was here. Look at the play again. He does try to turn his back and he doesn't throw his elbow. It's just a bad collision.

Bishman

obijkenobi said:
Jason Terry says Mavs can catch Spurs

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6148755

"We're going to catch them sooner or later, whether it's now or in the playoffs," Terry said Tuesday following the Mavericks' first post-All-Star break practice. "We'd rather it be in the playoffs, in the Western finals or what have you. But we're going to catch them."
Tony Parker has been diagnosed with a strained left soleus and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks

Jason-Terry.jpg

Number one seed... here we come!

Bishman said:
http://www.sportsreport360.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Jason-Terry.jpg[IMG]

Number one seed... here we come![/QUOTE]

Terry is an asshat.

But you are an asshat too, for being happy at an injury.

For no reason too, the 1st seed was locked up months ago..

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
to be fair, thats almost entirely mavs-age
And to be more fair, that's almost entirely on Mavs players.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
SHiiiitt. We got Bibby! THEY SCARED NOW.

Oh and fuck Troy Murphy. What a loser. Go ride the pine in Boston scrub.

Ok, I'm glad we cut Arroyo. Cause without Magloire we have no thugs.

Although I feel awful for Carlos. The dude came in and has outperformed Mario Chalmers in every scenario you can think of but because Chalmers is this Heat team's Damon Jones and is buddy buddy with LeBron, that wasn't going to happen.

Sanjuro

Bread said:
Glad to see Murphy came to his senses, and I hope Bibby has fun with those hardcore fans in Miami.
np0R7.gif

EDIT: My god. Look at all of Bibby's stops. Of all people he should be familiar with paper bags and local access TV broadcasts.

Vancouver Grizzlies (1998–2001)
Sacramento Kings (2001–2008)
Atlanta Hawks (2008–2011)
Washington Wizards (2011)
*Miami Heat (2011)

TylerD said:
perkinsContract_hp_110101.jpg

He is such a beast. Our tattoo per player ratio has gone up significantly with this trade.
Most importantly, your team's *SMPP ratio has increased tenfold.

*(stretchmarks per player)*

dream

I wonder how Michael Bibby's going to react to Lebron bringing the ball down and calling out plays and shit.

reilo said:
Ainge was offering him 4yr/$22mil.

And if you look at the Celtics contracts, Pierce and Rondo are the only ones guaranteed beyond 2012.
Ainge offered him the max he could. The thunder had cap space so they gave Perk a raise this year and used that new contract as a base for the extension.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
NBA-Age wishes injuries on more players than all the other Ages combined.

I don't want Bargnani to get injured, I just think he's earned a good long rest. Thanks for the effort, big guy.

reilo

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Ainge offered him the max he could. The thunder had cap space so they gave Perk a raise this year and used that new contract as a base for the extension.
Doesn't matter with bird rights. They could have offered him more.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
NBA-Age wishes injuries on more players than all the other Ages combined.
Whatever it takes to make that Lakers v. Bobcats Final...

tmdorsey

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The same way as when Iso Joe did it
Or when Josh did.

Why do I keep hearing people talk like this is gonna put the Heat over the top?

On another note. I'm starting to get and more pissed everytime Marvin Williams is on the floor. He is such a waste it's incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom