• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
Stop being so cryptic guys lol

It was created by Branduil.

Thanks Crimson. This is like the time I played tether ball and my rival told me it was only a 2 person game and I stared blankly till I realized my dick was hanging out.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
We are getting much needed help at the PG spot with Bibby. A savvy veteran who knows how to run an offense, has experience and is a 3pt SNIPER.

Plus, we still have Haslem waiting in the wings and he might be back by the playoffs. The Heat will enter the playoffs as the UNDERDOG, HUNGRY AND WITH SOMETHING TO PROVE.

This is Bibby's chance to get back at KoMe for the crimes commited in '02 in the worst fixed series ever!

Let's go BIBBY and let's go HEAT!

p3lr1.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I hate being the last post on a page, so I'm going to repost:

How has Ibaka looked as the starter so far?

SUPREME1

Banned
Cerrius said:
We are getting much needed help at the PG spot with Bibby. A savvy veteran who knows how to run an offense, has experience and is a 3pt SNIPER.

Plus, we still have Haslem waiting in the wings and he might be back by the playoffs. The Heat will enter the playoffs as the UNDERDOG, HUNGRY AND WITH SOMETHING TO PROVE.

This is Bibby's chance to get back at KoMe for the crimes commited in '02 in the worst fixed series ever!

Let's go BIBBY and let's go HEAT!

p3lr1.jpg

It's gone man. It's fucking gone.

TylerD

SephCast said:
I hate being the last post on a page, so I'm going to repost:

How has Ibaka looked as the starter so far?

I would say OK so far, but he has started against the Magic and Lakers so it is still really early. I have always bitched about him always reacting on shot fakes which can get him in foul trouble quickly.

His offensive production hasn't been where it needs to be IMO for being a starter, especially with Thabo also starting but he is rebounding effectively.

Mike Bibby is so overrated. I remember Kings fans treating the guy like the damn messiah. One of my personal favorites was when Iverson dropped over 30 points on him.

Any other Jazz fans think the team will target Alec Burks if they end up with the 13th or 14th pick? He's expected to go in that range and is pretty similar to the 6 other SGs that KO'C has drafted.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Any other Jazz fans think the team will target Alec Burks if they end up with the 13th or 14th pick? He's expected to go in that range and is pretty similar to the 6 other SGs that KO'C has drafted.

If there ever was a year to trade your picks, this would be it. The draft looks awful.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Marc Stein
But all indications say Brewer still prefers contender. As @daldridgetnt tweeted, Heat/Bulls/Hornets have joined hunt with Mavs/Spurs/ Celts
Anybody but the Heat, Brew.

Jeff-DSA said:
If there ever was a year to trade your picks, this would be it. The draft looks awful.

Yeah, talking about drafting Alec Burks in general (Let alone in the lottery) means a class has hit rock bottom. Don't think anyone wants the picks though...

Evans going to the D-League, fuck Corbin for not playing him, JE is going dominate there.

KingGondo

Banned
SephCast said:
Thunder fans, how has Serge looked as a starter so far?
I won't count the Orlando game, since he was matched up against Dwight most of the game and only played 18 minutes because of foul trouble.

But against the Lakers he had 13 rebounds, and he simply matches up better physically than Green against most PFs in the league. He'll probably start playing 35-38 minutes per game, and should reach double figures rebounding most nights.

Also, there's no telling how many blocks per game he'll get playing alongside Perk--he already averages 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see him approach 3 BPG with increased playing time and with the benefit of playing with a guy who can guard any center in the league off the block.

I actually think that's the most underrated part of this trade: that we essentially got 2 new starters with Ibaka now in the starting lineup. He's a huge upgrade rebounding-wise and defensively over Uncle Jeff.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Mike Bibby is so overrated. I remember Kings fans treating the guy like the damn messiah. One of my personal favorites was when Iverson dropped over 30 points on him.

Yeah, but he's better than - wait, have the Heat actually been playing anybody at point guard?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BruceLeeRoy said:

Oh, one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game scored 30 on Bibby? Man, Bibby is terrible.

Darkman M said:
Lakers ain't trying to sign shit it seems.

Nope. None of these guys can really help them.

Mike Bibby is so overrated.

He is, it's really funny to go back read those articles during the Lakers-Kings series, or even the next year when they lost again...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Yeah, talking about drafting Alec Burks in general (Let alone in the lottery) means a class has hit rock bottom. Don't think anyone wants the picks though...

Evans going to the D-League, fuck Corbin for not playing him, JE is going dominate there.
Burks' numbers look good, but Colorado plays at such a fast pace, that I don't know how much stock to put in them. I've seen him play a couple times, and he seemed alright, but his inability to shoot from distance really hurts.

Still, probably the best 2 of this class.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
KingGondo said:
I won't count the Orlando game, since he was matched up against Dwight most of the game and only played 18 minutes because of foul trouble.

But against the Lakers he had 13 rebounds, and he simply matches up better physically than Green against most PFs in the league. He'll probably start playing 35-38 minutes per game, and should reach double figures rebounding most nights.

Also, there's no telling how many blocks per game he'll get playing alongside Perk--he already averages 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see him approach 3 BPG with increased playing time and with the benefit of playing with a guy who can guard any center in the league off the block.

I actually think that's the most underrated part of this trade: that we essentially got 2 new starters with Ibaka now in the starting lineup. He's a huge upgrade rebounding-wise and defensively over Uncle Jeff.

Nice, my only concern for the Thunder, now, is offensive production. You think he'll be able to match Green's contribution?

commish said:
Oh, one of the greatest scorers in the history of the game scored 30 on Bibby? Man, Bibby is terrible.

I really just brought it up as a counterpoint to any belief that Bibby will be able to defend any of the leagues scorers adequately.

All this Iverson thinking has made me realize how much I miss that crazy sucka.
One of my all time favorite Iverson moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA

charsace

commish said:
Jeffries sucks. SUCKS. I've watched him for years in NY and he was just terrible. He can play some okay defense at times, but that's about it.
Agreed. Don't understand why we didn't just trade Brewer for a first rounder.

KingGondo

Banned
SephCast said:
Nice, my only concern for the Thunder, now, is offensive production. You think he'll be able to match Green's contribution?
No, not offensively. But he doesn't have to. Serge will likely get some opportunities on pick & pops (which used to go to Krstic), and he'll probably get a couple of offensive putbacks per game as well. If he averages 8-10 points, that's about what I'll expect out of him. The rest will be (more or less) made up by bigger contributions from Harden, Cook, and Mohammed.

Presti sent a message with these trades: defense will be the key from here on out, and hopefully the entire team got the message. It'll be really interesting to see how/if we make the transition.

Who could the Lakers get that could possibly fill the rotation once Barnes comes back.

You think Phil is going to bench Fisher? hah.

Wickerman said:
They tried to flip him somewhere at the deadline, but obviously they didn't find any takers.
I'm interested in this Derrick Brown kid. He's 6'8 and regarded as a talented project from what I see, people in the Charlotte newspapers seemed to regret losing him. However if the Knicks do not cut anyone else/go after a 7-footer like Barron once his contract expires they will have no 7-footers on their current roster (Jerome Jordan is playing in Turkey).

shut my mouth.

diehard

Fleer
What idiot was it that was trying to tell me Arroyo was a decent PG? One of the Heat fans, i won't go back and look it up to save them some embarrassment.

Darkman M

BruceLeeRoy said:
They have some serious length to help compensate for it as well. That worked for us last year but its not really flying this season. Parker and CP just decimate us.

Yeah just saying though, the Phil Jackson Bulls didn't have a superstar PG either.

Darkman M said:
Yeah just saying though, the Phil Jackson Bulls didn't have a superstar PG either.

I think Kerr was better than anyone we have had but yeah your definitely right about that.
Also Jordan was a killer defensively when he had to pick up a PG he could stop them cold. When we rely on Kobe to score and pick up their PG its just to much for him.

BruceLeeRoy said:
They have some serious length to help compensate for it as well. That worked for us last year but its not really flying this season. Parker and CP just decimate us.

Parker has reamed us for years, and CP3 reams everybody.

We get by without a point guard because we have two guys that demand double teams, and Fisher has giant cajones to take and make shots at the best time for us. This is what most teams choose to die by.

Kobe, Pau, Odom/Bynum, Artest and Fisher. Who would you want open?

Boombloxer said:
Parker has reamed us for years, and CP3 reams everybody.

We get by without a point guard because we have two guys that demand double teams, and Fisher has giant cajones to take and make shots at the best time for us. This is what most teams choose to die by.

Kobe, Pau, Odom/Bynum, Artest and Fisher. Who would you want open?

I just want Barnes in place of Artest.

Wickerman

The Frankman said:
I'm interested in this Derrick Brown kid. He's 6'8 and regarded as a talented project from what I see, people in the Charlotte newspapers seemed to regret losing him. However if the Knicks do not cut anyone else/go after a 7-footer like Barron once his contract expires they will have no 7-footers on their current roster (Jerome Jordan is playing in Turkey).

shut my mouth.

Mason should be next on the chopping block.

It's sucks that they had to waive Azubuike. I would have liked to see what he could do with the second unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom